A Friday in mark of the stallions
Severo and Fiontini from the CDI5* Grand Prix today, where they received 76,283%
Today the licensing of the 3-year-old stallions continued, who at 8 o'clock this morning already entered arena M to be shown in the lunge. The lunging gives the judges an opportunity to see the stallions in a more controlled environment than the later showing where they are loose. It gives a great impression of the stallion's gaits and balance, and therefore an idea of how the stallion will be later under the rider.
After a brief break over lunch, it was time for the 3-year-old stallions to enter the arena again, this time for the loose presentation. All in all, it was a day with stallions, who seemed like they had adjusted to the grand settings and showed themselves very well and well-balanced, both in the lunge and loose presentation. Tomorrow it is time for a resting day before the future of the stallions will be determined on Sunday.
Presentation class with full stands
The coveted presentation classes were with full stands this Friday. True to the tradition, the breeding committee's representative, Bjarne Nielsen, commented on the stallions who were shown in teams of 3. The stallions from Helgstrand did very well but in particular, the two World Champions Jovian by Apache/Tango and Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouetto, both got storming applauses when Andreas showed how far they've come with their education, amongst other starting the passage and flying changes for Revolution. But also the younger stallions such as the Champion stallions in DWB, Springbank II VH by Skovens Rafael/De Niro along with Kremlin MD by Governor/Rousseau received big applause, just like the 4-year-old Fynch Hatton by Formel Eins/Sir Donnerhall I, seemed to win the audience's heart by his superior gaits. The divine Janeiro Platinum, who turned out to be the breeders favorite in DWB in 2019 also showed he was in top shape when he was shown by Anne-Marie, along with Karideno, who won the DEF 4-year-old championship at Blue Hors last year.
The audience will have the opportunity to see the stallions under rider again on Saturday when the presentation class takes place in arena M starting at 12.15 pm.
Severo and Fiontini top placed in CDI5* GP
Boxen was filled beyond breaking point when the star-studded CDI%* Grand Prix took place earlier today. The class was filled with the best danish dressage riders and it was a tough battle for the top placings. Here we saw world-class dressage and the audience's excitement when amongst others Severo and the three-times world champion entered the centerline was not easy to overlook. Severo delivered yet another top performance with Fiontini, who showed flying changes, piaffe, and passage to top-marks. Severo and Fiontini came in 3rd with an impressive score of 76,283%, and we look forward to seeing them in the CDI5* Grand Prix Special on Saturday.
11 newly licensed stallions for Helgstrand Dressage
Fynch Hatton and Søren Wind.
Today was the day for the stallions when the 3-year-old stallion started their morning with being shown by hand on solid ground. It was an energetic field of young stallions, who was presented to the committee one by one, and who didn't seem to be that marked by the new surroundings.
- It's always hard with the brand new stallions, who aren't that used to being anywhere but home yet. But they accepted the new surroundings with bravado, and I would like to highlight especially Dynamic Dream, Iron, and My Vitality, along with My Toto VDT, as the highlights of the day, says Esben Møller, who look forward to seeing the stallions the next couple of days.
Tomorrow it is the lunging of the young stallions, along with showing them loose, followed by walking on the ring
Later on the day, it was 4-year-old stallions who were shown under the rider. Here it became clear, that the stallions were well-prepared from home because the mistakes were few when they were shown in teams by 2 and 3. The judges expressed their excitement for a very impressive field of young stallions this year, amongst them was the winner of the Danish Warmblood 35-day test, Atterupgaards Barcelo by Bon Coeur/Caprimond E.H.
-We are very proud of the selection of 4-year-old stallions, who already at last autumn did a phenomenal job at their 35-day test. Today the work paid off when all of the stallions from Helgstrand got their final approval and all became licensed stallions in DWB, says Esben.
The young of 4- and 5-year old stallions who got their final approval today in DWB are:
Atterupgaard’s Barcelo by Bon Coeur/Caprimond E.H.
Danciero by Dancier/Floriscount
Tophøjs Falchetto by Floriscount/Solos Landtinus
Fynch Hatton by Formel Eins/Sir Donnerhall I
Fürst Highlight by Fürstenball/His Highness
Giovanni-Bell by Kastel's Grand Galaxy Win/Don Romantic
Lord Europe by Lord Leatherdale/Boston
Vendòme by Veneno/Fidertanz
Vivino by Vivaldi/Dancier
Global Player by Kastel's Grand Galaxy Win/Don Schufro
Knock-Out by Expression/Ferro
Furthermore, the stallion Special Blend by Sezuan/Hotline got approved and will be ready for the 10-day test starting Sunday afternoon.
Franklin and Betina Jæger.
Franklin 3rd in CDI3* PSG
It is not that long ago Franklin had his debut in small tour with his regular rider, Betina Jæger, but today they came in 3rd in a very strong field. It was a great stable program with many highlights, and even though there is room for small adjustments, the pair received a total score of 71.735%.
Donkey Boy to Helgstrand Dressage
Hesselhøj Donkey Boy and Jan Møller Christensen winning a silver medal at the 2019 WCYH in Ermelo.
Hesselhøj Donkey Boy has had an extraordinary career with Jan Møller Christensen until now, where the stallion is turning 8 years old.
Since the stallion was awarded premium stallion at the Danish Warmblood in 2015, the equipage has won the DEF championships for 4-, 5-, 6-, and 7-year-old horses through the years 2016-2019 and additionally won medals at the WCYH.
The stallion has also had an amazing career as breeding stallion along with his education. The collecting from the stallion has been taken care of by Jan Møller Christensen at Noagaard.
Jan Møller Christensen daily rides and educates a big number of talented young and older horses and will continue to have many horses in training for Alexandra Andresen and Equi Stallion ApS. This work doesn’t harmonize well with continuing collecting semen from Hesselhøj Donkey Boy.
In order to continue the education of the stallion towards Grand Prix along with ensuring he’ll be available for the breeders, it has been decided that the stallion after the stallion licensing in Herning – where Donkey Boy will be ridden by Jan Møller Christensen – changes rider to Betina Jæger from Helgstrand Dressage and will be stationed at Helgstrand Dressage in Vodskov.
At the same time, the stallion will be available for the Danish and international breeders through the stallion station at Helgstrand Dressage.
Alexandra Andreasen, Equi Stallion ApS and Helgstrand Dressage ApS.
Open house and stallion show
Upholding our annual tradition, we are hosting the Open House with stallion presentation in April, and we are very excited to show you our collection of top stallions, which already has many new promising young stallions. On the same day, our German business partner, Deckstation Paul Schockemöhle, will bring some of their best jumping stallions as well.
Our Open House takes place on Saturday, April 4th, 2020 at 3 pm.
On Helgstrand Dressage, Uggerhalnevej 80, 9310 Vodskov.
As usual, there’s free entry for the Open House and registration is not necessary.
During the Open House, it will be possible to buy something to drink and eat.
We can already say, that Marianne will be displaying some of the beautiful designs from Helgstrand Denmark and Dufour by Helgstrand Denmark, just like Adamsbro also will be joining the event with his exclusive pillows, plaids, ponchos, etc., inspired by the horse world. Again this year, we will be giving away some great prizes.
In case you’re not able to participate this day, the entire show will be broadcasted live on ClipMyHorse, just like the stallion show can be streamed from their archive after the show.
After the great stallion show, we would like to invite you to an after party in the Helgstrand Dressage VIP-lounge. Delivering the food again this year, we have the pleasure of presenting Musikkens Spisehus, who will be serving a delicious menu at only DKK 175. Pr. Person, including beverages.
We hope that many of you will stay, so that we may have another blazing party.
Tickets for the Helgstrand Dressage after party can be bought through the link below until the 21st of March or as long as tickets are available. The ticket can be printed and brought on the day or shown on the phone.
Order you after party tickets HERE
Helgstrand bets on new markets in 2020
Since the equity fund, Waterland Private Equity Investments bought into Helgstrand Dressage in 2018, there have been made some serious investments, amongst them are the purchase of Ny Ravnstrup and Windsome Farm. But the ambition to become the world’s leading equestrian company requires the strongest profiles, which is why Helgstrand just expanded the staff with master rider Mikael Stevn, who has helped many riders achieve great goals.
- We have great visions for Helgstrand Dressage, and the wish to enter new markets demands that we are present and able to make new relations. Unfortunately, I don’t always have the opportunity to leave myself and I have come to learn that entering new markets requires a lot of research. Therefore, we are delighted to be able to ad Mikael to our team, says Andreas.
In 2003, Mikael Stevn became an educated master rider from Hasse Hofmann and has in the last couple of years been operating Stevn Equestrian, where he besides selling horses to many high-profiled riders, also has been focused on developing talented riders. During his time as self-employed, Mikael has helped riders achieve numerous victories, both at national and international competitions. Among them, Agnete Kirk Thinggaard, who has been on the Danish dressage national team for several years, and among others, has participated in two World Cup-finals and once in the Olympics on her resume.
- Since 2007, I’ve been operating my own sales stable, and like many others been following Andreas from the sidelines, whilst admiring his impressive results. I’ve come to a place in my career where I feel, that I need new challenges and would like to be part of a successful and skilled team, which is why I contacted Andreas to ask whether my experience abroad could be used at Helgstrand, says Mikael Stevn.
- Mikael has a great network along with many years of experience, which we can benefit from. Furthermore, he is an entrepreneur, like me, which has opened up for many new ideas and actions, that are already on the drawing board, ads Andreas, who looks forward to seeing the new collaboration develop.
Mikael assumed the position as Head of International Development at Helgstrand Dressage on January 1st, 2020.
Helgstrand in new clothes
The celebration of the 10-year anniversary of Helgstrand in 2019, which was marked by the annual Open House, really initiated the thought of renewing the visual impression of Helgstrand.
- When we founded Helgstrand Dressage back in 2009, we obviously set some ambitious goals, but to be where we are today, is something we would’ve never dared to dream of. Even though we have renewed our self on the way, which amongst others has resulted in being awarded Børsens Gazelle, we feel the time is right to mark the quantum leap we are currently making in cooperation with Waterland, says Andreas.
Helgstrand was founded in 2009 and has become one of the leading sales stables within a very short timeframe, and especially in the market for young horses, where our riders have taken home more than 15 medals at the WCYH throughout the years. After the equity fund, Waterland Private Equity Investments, bought some of the company in 2018, the ambitions raised and the wish to create one of the world’s leading equestrian companies were added to the agenda.
- In daily life we only use one name, Helgstrand. Therefore we feel it makes more sense to collect all the current and future subbrands in one logo, says Andreas and ads; that the new identity comes at a time, where Helgstrand seriously starts to make new initiatives, for example with the purchase of Windsome Farm in Wellington and thus mark a new era.
Because Helgstrand as a logotype gets such fundamental importance, the H becomes the center for the logo or the monogram, which gets a subtle hint of horses with four horse heads. Therefore, the new logo embraces all the subbrands of Helgstrand, which we know today as Helgstrand Denmark, Helgstrand Dressage, and Helgstrand Stallions.
- Even though Helgstrand is a well-known international brand now, it was important for us to maintain something personal in the logo or monogram, which is why the H is an important element. Simultaneously, the four horse heads are an expression for the four of us, Marianne and I, along with our two children, William and Alexander, finishes Andreas.
We hope you will embrace the new identity for Helgstrand Dressage, which will be implemented in all our online and offline material continuously.
Fantastic offspring by Totilas for Helgstrand Dressage
Total McLaren by Totilas/De Niro. Picture: horses.nl
At the 2020 KWPN Stallion Licensing in ’s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands, Helgstrand Dressage managed to secure a very interesting offspring by Totilas. The mother Deja Vu is by De Niro and in the third generation, we have the legendary Sandro Hit – an extremely strong and desired pedigree.
- McLaren looks just like his father with the black look, but he varies from the typical Totilas look with his long-legged and very modern expression, which we believe characterizes the modern sports horse. Of course, he also has three amazing gaits. We are very much looking forward to showing him to the breeders already tomorrow at our stallion show in Verden, Germany, says Andreas Helgstrand.
The pedigree of McLaren is very interesting with Totilas as the father, who is a three-time world champion and already as a 9-year-old, he managed to win the Grand Prix freestyle with no less than 90.75% at the European Championships in Windsor under Edward Gal.
The beautiful exterior of McLaren probably comes from the dame line, which among others consists of the Oldenburg Champion mare, Silberaster OLD, who is a double gold winner at the German Bundeschampionate and thus has shown herself worthy in the sport.
In the third generation we have the world-famous Sandro Hit, a living legend with numerous victories. Among many unmentioned highlights, the winner of the World Championship for Young Horses and the winner of the Bundeschampionate with Dr. Ulf Möller.
After being licensed in KWPN this weekend, he will also be licensed in Oldenburg. He is named McLaren, but after being owned by Helgstrand, his name will change to Total McLaren. Total McLaren was bought together with the family Kasprzak.
The visions for Windsome Farm
The last month there have been many rumours about Helgstrand buying Windsome Farm in Wellington, Florida. But now as the contract has been signed and Helgstrand owns the property, Andreas will tell about the visions for the place.
Video of Windsome Farm: Luxhunters Production.
Offspring by Helgstrand stallions in the lead
Fransisca by Franklin/Blue Hors Romanov, bred and owned by Henrik Hansen.
Shortly before we entered the new decade, Danish Warmblood published a list of the best Danish Warmbloods within dressage. This list includes once again a large number of offspring by Helgstrand's stallions and several Helgstrand-owned horses, which have been succesfull during the year.
We especially want to thank all the breeders, who have shown us confidence by using our stallions. We congratulate you on the great results last year and wish you good luck in the upcoming season.
Below you find an overview of all results in 2019.
Source: Danish Warmblood.
Vilard’s Frina DWB by Franklin/Blue Hors Don Romantic, bred by Stutteri Vilard I/S and owned by Helgstrand Dressage ApS.
Champion 2-year-old mare
Fransisca by Franklin/Blue Hors Romanov, bred and owned by Henrik Hansen.
Champion mare with breeders medal in gold
Atterupgaards Lady Hamilton by Dante Weltino/Stedinger, bred by Atterupgaard and owned by Hamilton Horse AB, Sweden.
Grand Quest-Bell e. Grand Galaxy Win/ Blue Hors Don Romantic, bred by Tina and Nicolai Jepsen and owned together with HH Horses.
4-year-old Champion Stallion
Kremlin MD by Governor/Rousseau, bred by M. Dinnissen, Holland and co-owned with Helgstrand Dressage A/S.
Aage Ravn’s Trophy and Breeders Medal in silver
Got It by Grand Galaxy Win/Blue Hors Don Schufro, bred by Morten Thomsen by Dressage Arvé and owned by Helgstrand Dressage ApS.
Winner of the stallion performance test
Atterupgaards Barcelo by Bon Coeur/Caprimond, bred by Atterupgaard and co-owned with Helgstrand Dressage. Result: 872,5 points.
The Stallion of the year
Skovens Rafael by Blue Hors Romanov/Blue Hors Don Schufro, bred by Kirsten B. Hansen and Jens Lund Pedersen and co-owned by Lotte Lindgren and Lotte & Per Skjærbæk from Stutteri Priess.
Winner of ability test
Nobelle by Negro/Blue Hors Future Cup, bred by af H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte and owned by Mette Sejbjerg Jensen. Rider: Mette Sejbjerg Jensen. Result: 880 points.
Winner of Danish Championships for young horses in Herning
Queenparks Wendy by Sezuan/Blue Hors Soprano, bred by Kurt Gosmer owned by Helgstrand Dressage ApS. Rider: Andreas Helgstrand. Result: 974 points.
Best DWB horses at DEF’s Championships
4-year-olds: Highfive Fuglsang by Grand Galaxy Win/De Niro, bred by Anne Dorte Riis Meyland and owned by Family Dahlseng, Norway. Rider: Anders Uve Sjøbeck Hoeck. Result: 9,00 points.
5-year-olds: Queenpark’s Wendy by Sezuan/Blue Hors Soprano, bred by Kurt Gosmer and owned by Helgstrand Dressage ApS. Rider: Andreas Helgstrand. Result: 9,60 points.
6-year-olds: Baunehøjens Carpaccio by Charmeur/Kermo’s White Talisman, bred by Pia Gobert and owned by Anette Ejlersgaard. Rider: Anette Ejlersgaard. Result: 8,94 points.
7-year-olds: Hesselhøj Donkey Boy by ERA Dancing Hit/Milan, bred by Dorthe S. and Hans-Jørgen Hoeck and owned by Equi Stallions. Rider: Jan Møller Christensen. Result: 87.872%.
DWB horses with WBFSH medals
5-year-olds: Queenpark’s Wendy by Sezuan/Blue Hors Soprano, bred by Kurt Gosmer and owned by Helgstrand Dressage ApS. Rider: Andreas Helgstrand. Result: bronze.
6-year-olds: Zhaplin Langholt by Zonik/Stedinger, bred by Bente Graasbøll and Ole Magnus Jensen and owned by Charlotte Jorst. Rider: Andreas Helgstrand. Result: bronze.
7-year-olds: Hesselhøj Donkey Boy e. ERA Dancing Hit/ Milan, bred by Dorthe S. and Hans-Jørgen Hoeck and owned by Equi Stallions. Rider: Jan Møller Christensen. Result: silver.
Best DWB horse at FEI’s World Ranking List
Atterupgaards Cassidy by Caprimond/Donnerhall, bred by Atterupgaard and owned by family Dufour. Rider: Cathrine Dufour. 2632 points, rang 5.
When a customer returns
Fine Spirit and Vicky Lavoie.
At Helgstrand Dressage, a lot of our customers return. One of them, is the Canadian Vicky Lavoie from Nexolia Dressage, who just bought Sådan Que by Quaterback/Skovens Royal, and thereby can add horse number 10 to her collection of horses bought from Helgstrand Dressage.
Vicky Lavoie from Nexolia Dressage is constantly investing in the best bloodlines in order to sell more top horses in Canada. The mares continue in the sport and makes good results while getting foals via embryo. In this way, Vicky can add more top horses to Canada while training the horses to be even better, which she emphasises highly for her business.
- Like most amateurs, my goal is to become the best rider I can be and for sure compete at GP. Such high goals require great horses because you are never better than the horse you’re sitting on. An important message, which my long relation with Andreas has taught me. Therefore, I go for the horses which are well-educated and amateur-friendly besides having a great pedigree, says Vicky Lavoie, who values the genes, since the horses are bought with the purpose of breeding through embryo transfer.
- Of course, it has great meaning for us that Vicky returns to us when she wishes to buy another horse. We work very hard on ensuring the best match for the rider we have in front of us, and when it pays off now for the 10th time is it just great, says CEO and founder of Helgstrand Dressage, Andreas Helgstrand.
The latest addition is the 11yo mare, Sådan Que, who since 2016 has been quite successful with Nanna Skodborg Merrald. With Nanna as her rider, Sådan Que quickly advanced from the M-classes to Grand Prix within the first year and had their international debut in U25 the year after and started as seniors with great success in 2019. Sådan Que was on the list of horses who traveled across the Atlantic Ocean to Helgstrand Dressage in Florida at the beginning of December.
- Sådan Que is an amazing horse! She’s my second Grand Prix horse along with Fine Spirit (Fidertanz/De Niro). Besides them, I have Glenn S&S (Ampére/San Brentano), Feodoro (Fürstenball/Rosario), and Fiesta Danza OLD (Fürstenball/Weltmeyer), who currently competes in Prix St. Georges. Therefore, I have 5 FEI horses, whom I can compete with this season in Wellington. All the horses are staying at the Helgstrand Dressage’s farm in Wellington, and Ulf helps me in the daily life, which a appreciate very much, adds Vicky and continues; there are many advantages when you buy a horse from Andreas, you get pushed into the right direction.
- The primary purpose of the mares is breeding since they are a big asset for my business. I’m convinced that the mares continued success in the sport, combined with their amazing submission is paramount in order to make great offspring, says Vicky and adds, that there have already been some requests on the offspring by her mares.
- Andreas always takes his time and listens to my needs. He has an amazing talent for finding the right horses that fit my vision of breeding, training, and selling top horses in Canada. He has even managed to call me sometimes and say: “I have a horse that is perfect for you”, and he is absolutely right. He is great at knowing people, says Vicky.
Vicky has 7 horses at Helgstrand Dressage USA and will compete at PSG level and up in this season.