So Unique winner of the 35-days stallion performance test
Last Monday was the final day at this year's Danish Warmblood 35-days stallion performance test. All stallions performed very well and especially So Unique by Sezuan/Donnerhall and Tørveslettens Sylvester by Sezuan/Stedinger made a great impression on the breeding commission and thus won the dressage test for 3- and 4-year-olds respectively.
It is always quite exciting when the stallions are to leave for taking part in the 35-days performance test although the excitement increase as we are approaching the midterm evaluation and continue to rise until the end of the test. Torben Frandsen, who traditionally is responsible for the 35-days test, showed the stallions together with his team as well as this year's test rider, Jan Møller Christensen.
We are so pleased with the results as So Unique won among the eleven 3-year-old stallions scoring a total of 872.5 points and Tørvesletten's Sylvester won the 4-year-old stallion performance test scoring 870.5 points.
Find the results of the test here:
So Unique by Sezuan/Donnerhall together with Thomas Sigtenbjerggaard and Christian Springborg.
Offspring by Grand Galaxy Win Champion Stallion in OLD
Many names have been taken into consideration - Grand Canyon, Gigabyte, but now the name has finally been chosen for this amazing young stallion; Global Player. He already lives up to the expectations after becoming Champion Stallion at the 2018 Oldenburg Stallion Licensing in Vechta this weekend.
Many had already predicted Global Player a promising future and the new title as Champion Stallion is indeed one step further to become maybe the next World Champion. The comments from the judges and the applause from the spectators this weekend did show us, that this stallion is one of a kind.
There were 7 stallions who were competing in order to get the title Champion Stallion, but it was Global Player by Grand Galaxy Win/Blue Hors Don Schufro who won the prestigious title. Both the spectators and the judges were impressed by the exceptional gaits and modern expression.
Global Player is owned by Helgstrand Dressage, the Danish breeder, HH Horses and Schockemöhle and will be stationed in Mühlen at Schockemöhle in the 2019 breeding season.
Helen Langehanenberg and Straight Horse Ascenzione - a perfect match
The very successful international rider, Helen Langehanenberg is now able to add another promising star to her stable thanks to her sponsor, Tiffany Goldman; Straight Horse Ascenzione is by Blue Hors Zack/Blue Hors Don Schufro, a full sister of the triple world champion, Sezuan.
Among Helgstrand Dressage's many sales horses it is not without reason that Tiffany and Helen would choose to buy this mare, who despite of her young age already has achieved great results. As a 3-year-old, she was awarded a silver medal at the Danish Warmblood Elite Show and the following year she qualified for the Danish Young Horse Championship finals. In 2018, the young mare took another important step as she placed second in the small final at the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships in Ermelo with Helgstrand Dressage's rider Victoria Vallentin and thus qualified for the finals where she finished 8th among the world's best 5-year-old dressage horses.
- Ascenzione is an expressive and very well-moving mare. She is incredibly easy to handle, a quick learner and has already proven her worth at the 2018 WBFSH. Now it's up to me to take her to the next level and with her work ethic, I'm sure we can reach all the way, said Helen Langehanenberg.
- We are very pleased that Tiffany has bought Ascenzione and that Helen will continue the training of her. Helen has many years of experience and Ascenzione has the capacity to reach all the way to the top. Helen has been very successful training young horses up to Grand Prix herself and I look forward to seeing what the future brings. There is no doubt that we have found a perfect match, said Andreas Helgstrand.
Helen Langehanenberg lives in Billerbeck, Germany with her husband and two children. She has a long dressage career, but most people probably remember when she won silver at the 2012 Olympic Games in London and was individually placed as number 4 at Damon Hill, or her gold medal with Damon Hill at the 2013 European Championships in Herning, Denmark including an individual silver medal. In addition, she has several wins at international Grand Prix level with Damsey FRH and Suppenkasper as well as several wins at the German Bundeschampionat and at the German Dressage Championships.
Straight Horse Ascenzione is another successful horse from Stud Straight Horse in Allerød, Denmark. Among many highlights include Straight Horse Don Tamino has just been selected for the Swiss national team, the gold medal mare Straight Horse De Milla has qualified for the 2019 Danish young horse championship in Herning with 3rd highest national score and the series of success stories also include the breeding stallion Straight Horse Sir Romance, which is owned in collaboration with Helgstrand Dressage.
Straight Horse Ascenzione and Victoria Vallentin at the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships in Ermelo.
Ny Ravnstrup - a new era begins
At Helgstrand Dressage we think, it's very important to give the horses the best possible start in life. But until now we didn't have the opportunity to stable our foals and young horses before 2 years of age due to lack of space. But with the purchase of the beautiful farm, Ny Ravnstrup only 5 minutes from Helgstrand Dressage, we are ready to begin a new chapter at Helgstrand Dressage.
- We buy around 50-70 foals a year and for a long time it has been a great desire to have the foals at Helgstrand being able to give them the best conditions. With the purchase of Ny Ravnstrup we can now make the dream come true and that is a great feeling, said Andreas.
Ny Ravnstrup is only 5 minutes from Helgstrand Dressage and the plan is that the General Manager, Thomas Sigtenbjerggard and his wife, Lene Birkemose, who is managing the stallion station in Denmark, are going to live at Ny Ravnstrup.
- We are very much looking forward to run the place. The plan is to build new stables, which will house around 150 horses and in addition an indoor arena. The many hectares of land will be used to make our own hay, so that we may be able to supplement beyond what we buy. It's a big project and I'm really looking forward to getting started, adds Thomas, who at the same time sees Ny Ravnstrup as the perfect setting for him and his family.
- At Helgstrand Dressage a new era will begin with the purchase of Ny Ravnstrup. We are given the opportunity to follow our horses already from foals, giving them the best conditions by letting them grow up with other foals in a loose-housing system. They will be out every day and our competent veterinarians and farriers will make sure they get the best treatment, said Andreas.
Pictures: The Danish real estate agency Thorkild Kristensen
Price highlight bought by Helgstrand and Schockemöhle
Followed by the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing the auction took place and Helgstrand Dressage and Paul Schockemöhle bought the price highlight of the day, a stallion by Vivaldi/Dancier, which was acquired for no less than 2,010,000 euros and thus setting price record.
The previous record was set in 2015 as Helgstrand bought the breeding stallion, Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto for 1.2 million euro.
The Vivalidi son is bred by Ulrike Buurman and was owned by Ernst Kemper.
In addition, Helgstrand Dressage and Schockemöhle also acquired the black premium stallion by Lord Leatherdale/Boston, bought for no less than 800,000 euros together with Joop van Uytert.
Veneno/Fidertanz awarded Premium Stallion
This weekend, the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing takes place in Verden and the quality of the stallions was amazing. 2/3 or 46 stallions got approved in HANN and no less than 12 stallions were awarded premium stallion, including the Veneno son from Helgstrand Dressage.
The stallions were shown both by hand, on a lunge line and loose, and it was a particularly strong field this year. The very impressive and well-moving stallion by Veneno/Fidertanz was for sure one of the highlights and got awarded premium stallion. Thus, Helgstrand Dressage can now add another premium stallion to the breeding collection.
Helgstrand and Schockemoehle start cooperation
We are pleased to announce that Paul Schockemoehle's stallion stallion for the dressage stallions and Helgstrand Dressage's stallion station will be combined from the new breeding season in 2019. The cooperation means that we will continue to offer the breeders the best breeding stallions, as well as a high level of service.
For Danish customers, who would like to use the following stallions, have to order directly at HP Horses in Denmark:
Visit HP Horses' website here
Stallion shows in 2019
The merging means that Schockemoehle's stallion shows in Vechta on February 3 and in Verden on February 8 2019 will include stallions from Helgstrand Dressage. Similarly, stallions from Schockemoehle will attend the open house and stallion show at Helgstrand Dressage on April 13 2019.
At the same time a closer cooperation between Helgstrand Dressage and Schockemoehle across sport and breeding is not excluded.
Helgstrand employs Danish Cathrine Dufour
Helgstrand Dressage has managed to set new standards within the dressage world; with the employment of FEI World Ranking no. 5, the very talented dressage rider, Cathrine Dufour. Helgstrand Dressage has now secured another strong profile for the future.
At Helgstrand Dressage the stable houses more than 300 horses, of which 250 are under saddle every day. With an increasing need for top dressage horses, the company has now secured a new strong rider to join the team, which at the moment is 21 riders.
- I am incredibly proud to have this opportunity. For many years, I have been in close dialogue with Andreas Helgstrand, said Cathrine Dufour. Being able to train some of the world's best horses would be an honour to me and I'm looking forward to getting started, adds Cathrine, who sees the employment as a natural continuation of their current cooperation.
In spite of her young age, Cathrine Dufour is a well-known name on the international scene. With numerous wins at international Grand Prix level and a FEI World Ranking as no. 5 with Atterupgaard's Cassidy, she belongs to the world elite. In addition, Cathrine has on several occations passed the magic 80% barrier and, as one of the few, managed to beat Isabell Werth.
- We are delighted that Cathrine has chosen to join our team. She has managed to train horses up to Grand Prix and her many victories speak for themselves. She has incredible discipline and work ethic and I am sure that this is the reason she has won more than most riders in only 26 years, said Andreas Helgstrand proudly, remembering the magnificent tribute she and Cassidy got at Herning Horse Show earlier this year.
Cathrine became a part of the Danish national team at only 12 years old. Also, as a young rider, Cathrine had a great talent and she has won the Danish Championship no less than 14 times. As a 24-year-old, she participated at her first Olympic Games on Cassidy, where she placed 13th. 2017 she won two individual bronze medals and team silver at the European Championship. In 2018, she managed to qualify for the World Equestrian Games in Tryon but unfortunately had to cancel. Now she is focusing on qualifying for the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020, hoping to secure Denmark another medal.
Cathrine runs her own dressage stable, Dufour Dressage, in Roskilde, Denmark. Where she trains as well as offers training to new upcoming talents. The agreement is that Cathrine will continue in Roskilde, where she will train horses from Helgstrand Dressage. The stable will act as a new sales stable. Alongside running the sales stable, Cathrine will continue her current activities, including her fan club named Dufour Club as well as training Cassidy and her new upcoming talents.
Cathrine Dufour and Atterupgaard's Cassidy from the Danish Championship at Broholm.
Springbank II VH second time winner of Breeders Trophy
This weekend our breeding stallion Springbank II VH by Skovens Rafael/De Niro got top scoring by test rider Charlotte Dujardin and won the Breeders Trophy in Flyinge, Sweden.
As World Class rider Charlotte Dujardin did the test ride of 4-year-old Springbank II VH she was overwhelmed by the outstanding qualities of this young stallion.
"Like getting in a Rolls Royce cruising, I just don't know what to say that's incredible, love love love him, his the best 4-year-old I've ever sat on, 10 is just not enough, I give Severo a 10, and I give the breeder a 10, Springbank is my ideal man".
Actually she added that this was indeed the best 4-year-old horse she has ever ridden.
Severo did an amazing job showing Springbank II VH in the preliminary test and won superbly scoring 93%. From Charlotte Dujardin Springbank II VH got maximum score and thus winning the 2018 Breeders Trophy for the second time in a row with a total score of 96,5%.
Find the entire result of the 2018 Breeders Trophy for 4-year-old here.
Video of Charlotte Dujardin and Springbank II VH
Three new top horses for Charlotte Jorst
American based, Charlotte Jorst, who is the founder and owner of the popular equestrian equipment brand, Kastel Denmark, has just bought another three top horses to help her fulfill her dreams of participating at the Olympics; the two breeding stallions Atterupgaard's Botticelli (Benetton Dream/Caprimond E.H.) and Grand Galaxy Win (Apache/Jazz) as well as the Danish young horse champion, Zhaplin Langholt (Zonik/Stedinger).
It is not the first time that the internationally successful Grand Prix rider Charlotte Jorst is visiting her home country, Denmark - because she already bought several talented horses at Helgstrand Dressage like Lorenzo, Kastel's Akeem Foldager and Kastel's Nintendo. With the purchase of three more promising dressage horses, Charlotte is now one step closer to realising her Olympic dreams.
- I already noticed Zhaplin Langholt when he became the best Danish bred horse at the 2017 Danish Equestrian Federation’s Championships. I followed him closely when he got young horse champion in Herning with Andreas in the saddle and attended the 2018 WBFSH in Ermelo. He is one of a kind with his extraordinary gaits, amazing temperament and wonderful rideability. I was convinced after only trying him once. He has everything that is requested by a modern sport horse, said Charlotte Jorst and adds with a smile; and his height fits me perfectly.
- There is no doubt that Zhaplin is a very special horse for me and that's because I had the pleasure of riding him myself. It gives me great pleasure that Charlotte sees the same potential in Zhaplin that I do and I am very much looking forward to following Charlotte and Zhaplin in the future, said Andreas Helgstrand, who hopes to see Zhaplin in Wellington when the competition season begins.
- We are very proud that our customers return time after time. We follow our customers closely on their way as they develop as a dressage rider and it makes us proud when they return to Helgstrand Dressage to find their new dressage prospect in order to fulfill their dreams, said Andreas Helgstrand.
Besides buying Zhaplin Langholt, Charlotte Jorst has bought two of Helgstrand Dressage's breeding stallions, Atterupgaard's Botticelli, who with Severo won silver both at the 2017 Equestrian Federation’s Championships and at the 2017 Danish Championships in Herning and participated at the finals during the 2017 and 2018 WBFSH. In addition, Charlotte has bought Grand Galaxy Win, who was named Champion Stallion of Danish Warmblood 2014 and participated at the 2016 WBFSH. Grand Galaxy Win is father of three sons, who were approved in Danish Warmblood in 2018.
Zhaplin Langholt is already in California at Charlotte's place and later also Atterupgaard's Botticelli is going to the US. Grand Galaxy Win will stay at Helgstrand Dressage, where he continues to be a part of the breeding program and Severo will continue his training.
Andreas and Zhaplin Langholt at the 2018 WBFSH.