Alexander no 1 on FEI World ranking list
Alexander is soon on his way to the European Championship in England with Adriano B. but he for sure has another reason to be proud, because he is now ranked number one on the FEI World Ranking List.
Alexander and Adriano B. did a great job both at the Aalborg Dressage Event, the Equitour Aalborg, the Future Champions in Hagen as well as at the Nordic Championship in Drammen. He achieved great results, among others he won team silver and an individual 3rd place in the freestyle achieving 75.1% in Hagen.
Ready for European Championship
Alexander and Adriano B. is looking forward to the European Championship, which takes place in Bishop Burton, England, from August 7th to August 12th.
The Danish team consists of:
- Alexander Yde Helgstrand and Adriano B
- Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Gee Gee
- Maja Emilie Leth and Goldfevers Hella Bella
- Sophia Winther Andersen and Der Harlekin B
Suarez popular in Sweden
In the 2018 breeding season the two 3yo breeding stallions, Suarez by Sezuan/Desperados and Ferdades by Fürstenball/Donnerhall have only been available to the Swedish breeders since they have been stationed at Gränsbo Stuteri. Considering the number of coverings until July 1st in Sweden it has turned out to be a very good decision as Suarez has been the most used stallion of the season.
Suarez is by the three times World Champion Sezuan and damsire Desperados, with whom Kristina Bröring-Sprehe won team gold and individual bronze at the Olympics in Rio 2016.
6 of the 10 most popular stallions from Helgstrand Dressage
Also in Denmark, the stallions from Helgstrand Dressage are very popular. The index of July shows, that 6 of the 10 most popular stallions come from Helgstrand Dressage:
1. BLUE HORS ZACKEREY DVH 1265
2. FRANKLIN DVH 1147 2 DV 2018
3. JANEIRO PLATINUM DVH 1309
4. SPRINGBANK II VH DVH 1262
5. D'AVIE DVH 1200
6. HESSELHØJ DONKEY BOY DVH 1199
7. BLUE HORS FARRELL DVH 1178
8. REVOLUTION DVH 1234
9. QUATERHIT DVH 1266
10. BLUE HORS FIFTY CENT DVH 1258
Suarez and Mette.
Best dressage foals by Franklin
Each summer in July and August several foal shows take place in Denmark organised by Danish Warmblood. This weekend four foal shows took place and the common factor for all shows was, that offspring by Franklin (Ampére/Ferro) were among the very best and thus selected to participate at the Elite Mare and Foal Show in September at Vilhelmsborg. Several other stallions by Helgstrand Dressage were also represented including Revolution, Quaterhit, Valverde and D'Avie.
Below you find the results of the offspring by Helgstrand's stallions.
Foal show in Ringsted – region 2
- Best dressage filly: Nordstrands Qisya by Quaterhit/Blue Hors Hertug, bred by Gitte Nordstrand Larsen.
- Second best dressage filly: Valvera by Valverde/Sezuan, bred by Henrik Hansen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Faretti II by Franklin/Don Frederico, bred by Henrik Hansen and owned by Christianshaab Aps.
- Best dressage colt: Worres Fly High by Franklin/Dr. Doolittle, bred by June and Mogens Worre-Jensen.
- Second best dressage colt: Festival by Franklin/Charmeur, bred by Henrik Hansen.
Foal show in Sdr. Hygum – region 4
- Best dressage filly: Rhapsodie S by Revolution/Blue Hors Zack, bred by Sally and Flemming Schultz .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Gørklintgårds Panthera by Franklin/Sandro Hit, bred by Jørgen Ravn.
- Second best dressage colt: Diaz Skovvang by D’Avie/De Noir, bred by Marie Hedegård Pedersen.
Foal show in Ikast - region 6
- Best dressage colt: Frederik by Franklin/Dancier , bred by Erik, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
- Second best dressage filly: Lipas Athena by Franklin/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Paul Jacobsen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Sezá by Franklin/Tailormade Temptation, bred by Hanne Hertzberg, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
Foal show in Hjallerup - region 7
- Best dressage filly: Florencia Lightfoot by Franklin/Michellino, bred by Annette Lyngs and Torben Damsbo.
- Second best dressage filly: Charleen M by Springbank II VH/Sandro Hit, bred by Sanne Mathiasen .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.
- Best dressage colt: Tophøjs Faustino by Franklin/Blue Hors Don Romantic, bred by Anette Nilausen and Niels-Jørgen Johansen.
- Second best dressage colt: Rønbjerg's Jambaleo by Jambeau, bred by Stald Rønbjerg .
- Third best dressage colt and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Respect S by Revolution/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Bitten Kjettrup Thomsen.
Reserve for the Elite Foal Show, Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.
Severo and Betina selected for the 2018 WEG
The prestigious World Equestrian Games is approaching and this year the WEG is taking place in Tryon, North Carolina, USA. Finally, the names of the riders and horses representing Denmark and Spain have been announced. We are proud that both Severo and Betina are among the selected.
The World Championship takes place from 11-23 September 2018 and is to be considered as one of the world's biggest equestrian events. For that reason, of course, we are incredibly proud that both Severo and Deep Impact as well as Betina and Mane Stream Belstaff have been selected.
The Danish dressage team consists of:
Betina Jæger Jensen and Mane Stream Belstaff
Anders Dahl and Selten HW
Cathrine Dufour and Atterupgaard's Cassidy
Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Blue Hors Zack
As the Danish National Federation writes in a Facebook post, it is an incredibly strong Danish team that has been set to represent Denmark this year and therefore the goal is clearly to win medals for Denmark.
The Spanish team consists of:
Severo Jurado and Deep Impact
Beatriz Ferrer Salad and Delgado
Juan Matute Guimón and Quantico Ymas
Claudio Castilla and Alcaide
Huge congratulations Betina and Severo!
Valverde wins Westfalen Championship qualifier
Our breeding stallion Valverde by Vitalis/Ampere today won the Westfalen Championship qualifier with a total score of 9,0 with our German rider, Eva Möller in the saddle.
Valverde did impress the judges with his fantastic gaits and exceptional exterior and ended up scoring:
Total score: 9,0
On Sunday the finals will take place. Afterwards the Westfalen society will nominate the horses attending the prestigious Bundeschampionate in Warendorf.
Find all results from the Westfalen-Woche here
Canada secures another top horse
Prior to the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses Canada has secured another top dressage horse, the 7yo Hanoverian gelding Feodoro by Fürstenball x Rosario, who won the preliminary test at the prestigious event last year.
Around the world people are investing lots of money in high quality horses and now Nexolia, a renewable energy and natural resources company based in Canada has bought another top horse.
- Feodoro is another amazing horse from Helgstrand Dressage and when I first saw him winning the preliminary test at the 2017 WCYH with Simone, I was pretty sure that here was another future star, says Vicky Lavoie, President at Nexolia.
This year's WCYH in Ermelo is approaching and when thinking back on the results, that this gelding achieved last year, the expectations are very high. Feodoro is an incredible well-moving gelding with so much potential. He did an amazing job in Ermelo last year winning the 6yo preliminary test achieving nothing less than 10 in walk, 9.2 in canter and capacity ending up with a final score of 9.02 together with Helgstrand's rider, Simone Pearce.
- We are so happy, that Vicky has bought this special gelding. He has indeed a very promising future and we couldn't wish for a better place. Keeping the results of last year in mind we are also glad, that Vicky is letting Simone presenting Feodoro once again at this year's WCYH, says Andreas Helgstrand.
- We are extremely happy that Simone will show him in Ermelo for us and we are very much looking forward to this great event. This is our third horse from Helgstrand and Feodoro is showing so much potential. I can't wait to have him to Canada learning to know him even better, says Vicky.
Buying this top horse is another step for Canada securing some of the best horses for future competitions.
- With Andreas' patient advice and great knowledge, we have decided to start in investing in top quality horses. On the recommendation of Andreas, we also bought one top foal at the 2017 Nordic International Sales Auction during Equitour Aalborg and another this year. This is another very important step towards our goal, says Vicky and adds; we are looking forward to a continuing business relationship between Helgstrand and Nexolia to buy and market top horses.
Feodoro will change location to his new home after Ermelo and then the plan is to join Helgstrand Dressage US in Wellington, Florida for the show season.
Feodoro and Simone Pearce.
Girlpower and Spanish rhythm in Aachen
Riders and horses have just returned from CHIO Aachen. All three riders from Helgstrand Dressage had qualified to participate at the prestigious event, where the world's best riders meet each year to compete.
High level competition
Betina and Victoria were among the first to arrive at the impressive facility and after passing the vet check they were ready to enter the beautiful arena. Despite the fact that the Grand Prix starting list contained highly skilled dressage riders like Isabell Werth and Dorothee Schneider, Betina and Victoria were focussed to do their very best. Betina and Mane Stream Bellstaff ended up scoring 70,457% and Victoria and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig achieved 71,043%.
Results from the Grand Prix
In the Grand Prix Special on Friday Betina and Belstaff had really found the rhythm and got placed 3rd with 71.340%. Victoria and Ludwig started out very well, but unfortunately, they had some difficulties in the piaffe, that did become very expensive in terms of points.
Results from the Grand Prix Special
Deep Impact impresses the judges
After Deep Impact has passed his vet check, Severo and Deep Impact were ready to enter the beautiful CHIO Aachen arena. In the Grand Prix, which was the first part of the Nations Cup, Severo and Deep Impact finished 11th with 74.161%. After a well-deserved rest day on Friday, they were ready to enter the arena in the Grand Prix Special on Saturday, where they got placed 9th with impressive 74.872%.
Results from the Grand Prix
Results from the Grand Prix Special
In the freestyle the level was indeed very high, but this didn't seem to make impact on Severo and Deep Impact as they one once again danced through their technically powerful freestyle, which featured both a fabulous trot and the famous flying changes on the centreline with just one hand. One could hardly wish for a better ending. Severo and Deep improved their personal record and finished 8th with 81.113%.
Results from the Grand Prix Freestyle
11 horses from Helgstrand Dressage selected for the 2018 WCYH
The final selection for the horses to represent Germany at the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo took place this Tuesday in Warendorf. Four horses from Helgstrand got selected and now a total of 11 horses from Helgstrand Dressage are going to participate at the prestigious World Championships for Young Horses from 2nd to 5th of August 2018.
- The candidates for this year's WCYH in Germany were really strong and the fact that we were able to qualify our horses for the 2nd round was a victory in itself. We are incredibly proud that three of our horses were selected and especially because it is three of our breeding stallions, says Andreas Helgstrand.
The following horses got selected to represent Germany at the WCYH:
- Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto - Andreas Helgstrand
- D'Avie by Don Juan de Hus/Londonderry - Severo Jurado López
- Ferrari OLD by Foundation/Hotline - Andreas Helgstrand
In addition, the stallion Devonport by Dancier/Ravallo also got selected. The stallion was recently bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage - read the article here.
3 Helgstrand horses selected to represent Australia
Our Australian rider, Simone Pearce, is going to represent Australia with three horses from Helgstrand Dressage at the 2018 WYCH. One of them is the winner of the Danish Equestrian Federation’s qualifier in Billund, Foundator by Foundation/Samarant. In addition, Simone will also participate with the 5yo Lindballe's Just Perfect by Johnson/De Niro and the 7yo gelding, Feodoro by Fürstenball/Rosario, which she also rode at the 2017 WCYH. For Simone it will be the fourth year in a row, that she represents Australia.
4 horses representing Denmark
Among the horses to represent Denmark we find the winner of the Young Horse Championships in Herning, the 5yo Zhaplin Langholt by Zonik/Stedinger with Andreas Helgstrand and the 5yo Straight Horse Ascenzione by BH Zack/BH Don Schufro with Victoria Vallentin. As a reserve for the 5yo we have another horse from Straight Horse, Straight Horse Sezuanna by BH Zack/BH Don Schufro, ridden by Kenneth Damgaard.
Among the 6yo, we find the breeding stallion and 2017 WCYH finalist Atterupgaard's Botticelli by Bennetton Dream/Caprimond E.H. with Severo Jurado López and Stenagers Wyatt Earp by Wilkens/Sandro Hit with Kenneth Damgaard.
The WCYH takes place in Ermelo, Holland from 2nd to 5th of August 2018.
Devonport, which has just been bought in partnership between Helgstrand Dressage and Stutteri EVO.
Two new top horses for Helgstrand Dressage
Germany is known for having high-quality horses and when Helgstrand Dressage was in Warendorf for the final selection for the horses representing Germany at the 2018 WCYH, Helgstrand Dressage has bought two new top horses.
Devonport - Bundeschampionat winner and breeding stallion
The stallion Devonport by Dancier/Ravallo is a well-known name among German breeders and, despite his young age, he has already achieved many great results.
Devonport has just been selected for the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo among the 5yo. In addition, he has won several sports tests, championships with Rieke Schnieder, including winning bronze at the Hanoverian Championships for 3yo and in 2017 he also won the German Bundeschampionat in Warendorf with a total score of 9.1.
Devonport is bred by Christine Miesner from Germany and was bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage.
Fiesta Danza - WCYH reserve
Fiesta Danza OLD is the name of the 6yo mare, which Helgstrand Dressage also has bought. She is another great offspring by the magnificent stallion, Fürstenball, who has achieved many impressive results. Fiesta Danza has already proved her worth achieving great results herself, including winner of the Oldenburg Championship for 5yo. Fiesta Danza also participated in the Bundeschampionat final for 5yo in Warendorf, as well as winning this year’s Bundeschampionat qualifier. The mare just continues achieving greats results as she recently got selected as a reserve for the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo.
Fiesta Danza OLD is bred by Johannes Westendarp and was bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage.
Waterland and Helgstrand Dressage enter partnership to create the world leader in equestrian sports
Waterland Private Equity (”Waterland”) enters into a partnership with Helgstrand Dressage A/S (”Helgstrand Dressage”), one of the world’s leading equestrian sports companies with modern sales and training centers in Aalborg, Denmark, and Wellington, US, and more than 70 employees. Waterland becomes a majority shareholder in Helgstrand Dressage and completes its first investment in Denmark after the opening of Waterland’s office in Copenhagen in August 2017.
Since its foundation in 2008, Helgstrand Dressage has created a successful international business with sales activities in more than 35 countries and annual revenue exceeds EUR 50 million, corresponding to more than 30% growth compared to last year and an average annual growth rate of more than 25% in the most recent five years. The company sources, develops, trains and sells world-class dressage horses and has achieved a number of international accomplishments, including eight medals at the World Championships and six of 18 horses represented in the finals at the most recent Olympic Games in 2016. The fast growth and positive developments are driven by the company’s renowned brand and structured approach to the entire value chain – from identification and sourcing of the most promising horses over training in new and leading facilities by world-class riders to a professional sales organization and a deep and broad offering of dressage horses at the highest quality level. With Waterland as a co-owner, the strong market position is to be expanded with an ambition of creating the world’s leading equestrian sports company.
“We have created a company, which has more than doubled revenue the last two years and established a unique reputation in an industry with attractive development and growth opportunities. We want to seize these opportunities and accelerate the progress in cooperation with Waterland who will be able to contribute with competencies, capital and extensive experience within the leisure and luxury segment as well as establishing and professionalizing growth companies with global ambitions,” says Andreas Helgstrand, founder and CEO of Helgstrand Dressage.
“It has been a privilege to cooperate with management and the professional employees at Helgstrand Dressage since the company was established ten years ago. The business has developed from an idea to a mature growth company, which is now ready for the next phase and a value-creating partnership with Waterland. The entire team at Helgstrand Dressage can be proud of the impressive development,” says Niels Heering, chairman of Helgstrand Dressage.
The global market for dressage horses totals several billion euro, and dressage is developing rapidly. The majority of Helgstrand Dressage’s revenue is generated in Europe today, and the company’s strong global position and brand will be leveraged to expand the presence into other attractive markets in the coming years to win market shares and become a global leader.
“Helgstrand Dressage is a fantastic company with exciting growth opportunities, which we are looking forward to pursuing in the coming years in partnership with management and employees. In a short period of time, Helgstrand Dressage has created a well-run, respected and profitable business, which makes out a strong platform for further development and consolidation in a fragmented and highly attractive market. We look forward to contributing with our practical experience and targeted investments in the existing business as well as driving new markets and interesting acquisition opportunities in line with our strategy of accelerating growth organically and through acquisitions,” says Kaspar Kristiansen, Managing Director, Waterland Nordic.
Helgstrand Dressage’s day-to-day management is unchanged. The parties have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.
From left: Marianne Helgstrand, Andreas Helgstrand, Kaspar Kristiansen
From left: Andreas Helgstrand, Kaspar Kristiansen