Helgstrand horses help dressage riders on their way to the top
American Catherine Haddad-Staller has been very successful at international shows after she bought Sue by Sir Donnerhall/Welt Hit II at Helgstrand Dressage.
Catherine Haddad-Staller is a well-known name at international shows and, with the purchase of Sue she has achieved great places at Grand Prix level. Sue has meanwhile changed her name to Semper Fidelis and they have recently debuted at Grand Prix level at CDI Darmstadt in September and had great results. However, they have already improved and got placed second in the Grand Prix and in addition, she won the Grand Prix Special at CDI Le Mans.
Catherine has been sponsored by American Rowan O'Riley for the last 2.5 years, who bought the now 11yo mare at Helgstrand Dressage back in 2016, owned by Italian Gloria Colombo at that time. Gloria has educated Sue up to small tour, and then decided to sell her. She got to Helgstrand Dressage to continue her positive development.
- Of course, we are proud to see that our customers achieve such great results at international shows. Catherine is an incredibly skilled rider and it's just wonderful to see that her and Semper Fidelis make up such a great couple. We wish them all the best for the future and really looking forward to follow them at future shows, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Dragon Welt sold to Helgstrand Dressage
Helgstrand Dressage has just bought 5yo Dragon Welt by Dancier/Weltmeyer by Swedish Jan Brink from Tullstorp Dressage Stable who, despite his young age, has already achieved great results - in fact he is Sweden's most winning 5yo dressage horse with an average of 92.80.
- Dragon Welt is in a class of his own - we have followed him alongside his career and have seen how he has developed. He is a fantastic horse - a good combination of extraordinary gaits, good expression and fabulous temperament. Tullstorp Dressage Stable's rider, Ida-Linn Lundholm has done an amazing job training the stallion and we are looking forward to continue his education, but also, we are looking forward to offering another exciting stallion in our collection, says Andreas Helgstrand.
As 3yo, Dragon Welt won the Swedish championships Breeders Trophy with a total score of 92.60%, including 9.3 in trot, 9.2 in walk, 9 in canter, 9.5 in suppleness and 9.3 in overall impression. In 2016, Dragon Welt won again Breeders Trophy for 4yo with 10/10 from the test riders, including from Olympic equestrian rider Charlotte Dujardin. Among other victories in 2017, he also won the Gothenburg Horse Show for 5yo with 93.4% and later in Falsterbo he won the qualification by 89%.
At the performance test this year, he also performed very well, he got 8.5 in walk, 9.5 in trot, 9 in canter and 9.5/10 in reliability - and thus the highest average for both gaits and reliability.
Top marks at WBFSH in Ermelo
At the World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses for 5yo in Ermelo, Dragon Welt finished second in the small final with a total score of 9.08 points, including 9.6 in trot, 8 in walk, 9.3 in canter, 9 in rideability and 9.5 in capacity, thus moving on to the final, where he ended up 9th with 8.72 points.
Out of top dressage horses
Dragon Welt is by the top stallion Dancier, who was awarded premium stallion at the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing in 2004 and he won his performance test in 2005 with a dressage index of 158.46. In 2006, he won bronze at the German Bundeschampionship in Warendorf for 4yo and has achieved several places in S-dressage. Weltmeyer also was awarded premium stallion at the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing, this was back in 1986 and won his performance test as well as the title Bundeschampion.
Dragon Welt and Tullstorp Dressage Stable's rider, Ida-Linn Lundholm, at 2017 WBFSH in Ermelo.
7 stallions from Helgstrand entering 35-day test
Today 7 stallions from Helgstrand are taking part in Danish Warmblood's 35-day performance test at Tørring Ridecenter. On the first day, the stallions are presented on hard surface and vet checked before they will be presented under saddle by their own rider. The final test day will be on Monday 27. November.
From Helgstrand the following stallions are entered:
Quaterhit – dressage and show jumping
Valverde – dressage and show jumping
Florist Enshøj – dressage
Springbank II VH – dressage
Heilines Zanzier – dressage
It's Me – dressage Antheros – dressage
We are looking forward to the end of November to receive the results of the 35-day performance test.
Joao and Springbank II VH, Equitour Aalborg 2017.
Victory for Victoria Vallentin and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig
This weekend World Cup Herning took place and from Helgstrand several riders participated in U25 Grand Prix and Grand Prix Freestyle. In Saturday's Grand Prix, Victoria and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig took the victory with 72.325% and Beata and Harmony's Florano placed 4th. In Sunday's Grand Prix Freestyle, Victoria and Ludwig delivered another great performance and once again took the victory scoring 75,167%. Beata and Harmony's Florano placed 3rd with 72.5% and Søren and Grafit placed 4th with 71,208%.
On Thursday, Anne-Marie and Diva Unik showed great form and placed 3rd in Prix Sct. Georg achieving 69,184%. In Friday's Intermediare II, Betina and Skovlunds Garmin G also finished 3rd with 69.579%, while both Betina and Schakiro Pilekaer and Anne-Marie and Diva Unik ended just outside placement in Intermediare I.
Victoria and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig.
Springbank II VH at the Swedish Championships
Friday, Springbank II VH and Severo went to Flyinge in Sweden to participate in the Swedish Championships, which is only for Swedish-born horses and Swedish-licensed stallions from other countries.
Springbank II VH and Severo impressed the judges in the Swedish Breeders Trophy. With a total score of 97.2% they won the 3yo class achieving 9.3 for walk, 9.8 for trot, 9.5 for canter and 10 for suppleness and overall impressions.
Springbank II VH is licensed in Danish Warmblood, was awarded premium stallion and is among the stallions with the most servings this year. The next step for Springbank II VH is the participate at the Danish Warmblood's 35-day performance test starting on October 23, 2017.
Alexander and Jumanji ready for the Ecco Cup final
This weekend, Alexander was in the third and final qualification of the Ecco Cup in Solrød Rideklub competing aginst 11 of the best cat. 2 ponies.
In the kür Alexander did a great program, which the judges awarded with 75,542%. In total, Alexander and Jumanji achieved 73.60% and were thus able to take the winning position.
The Ecco Cup final is taking place the 1-3 December at Helgstrand Academy.
Helgstrand Dressage welcomes good cooperation with breeders
Helgstrand Dressage has just entered into a partnership with Stud Atterupgaard at Jystrup, Denmark and is now co-owner of the 5-year-old stallion, Atterupgaard's Botticelli, by Benetton Dream/Caprimond.
Stud Atterupgaard has bred many top horses, among others Atterupgaard's Cassidy, who is the brother of Botticelli, and on which Cathrine Dufour has just won team-silver at the European Championship and two times individual bronze medals.
- We are extremely happy to be able to cooperate with some of the best breeders in the world. Stud Atterupgaard has bred many top horses and we have huge expectations for Atterupsgaard's Botticelli, who recently attended the World Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo, showing his incredible movements and amazing expression, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Botticelli is educated by Stud Atterupgaard's rider, Selina Solberg Vittinghus, but is in the future to be found at Helgstrand Dressage, where the talented Spanish rider Severo López will continue his education.
- Atterupgaard's rider, Selina, has done a great job, and now the plan for Botticelli is to attend the Sports and Breeding Championships in Denmark together with Severo, Andreas says.
Video of Atterupgaards Botticelli
Photo credit: H2R
3-year-old gelding from Helgstrand Dressage won The Championships of Young German Horses
Traditionally, in the past weekend The Championships of Young German Horses and Ponies in Warendorf took place. The best horses from all Germany participated in dressage, show-jumping, military and carriage-driving.
Helgstrand Dressage owns the 3-year-old Eternity by Escolar/Sir Donnerhall I, and together with the German rider Eva Möller they competed in the qualifying class for 3-year-old mares and geldings, which they won with a total of 8.90 with 10 in canter and 9.5 in trot.
Also in the finals, Eva and Eternity delivered an excellent performance, which they won by total 65.00 with 10 in both trot and canter and a total of 19.50 from the test rider.
View all results here.
Fantastic weekend for Helgstrand Dressage
It has been a busy weekend for team Helgstrand, as there has been Elite Show, Elite Foal Auction, qualification for DRF's championships at Vilhelmsborg as well as European Championships in Gothenburg and Danish Championships for ponies at Hovgaard Rideklub.
European Championships in Gothenburg - great results for Severo and Deep Impact
At the European Championships in Gothenburg the most famous dressage riders were present. With competitors like Isabell Werth, Sönke Rothenberger, Carl Hester, Therese Nilshagen and of course Danish riders such as Cathrine Dufour, Anna Kasprzak and Anna Zibrandtsen, it has been some exciting days.
It was a bit overwhelming for Deep Impact (De Niro/Rubenstein I), but Severo Severo Deep Impact finished the Grand Prix achieving 72.386%, and went on to Friday's Grand Prix Special. On Saturday's Grand Prix Freestyle, they got into a 12th place with impressive 75,675%. Some amazing results for the slightly inexperienced Deep Impact in a very strong field with the world's best dressage riders.
Three silver horses from Helgstrand to the European Championships
Although only Severo from Helgstrand was attending the European Championships, three horses sold through Helgstrand were participating. Both Arlando, owned by Anna Zibrandtsen, Donnperignon, owned by Anna Kasprzak and Atterupgaard's Cassidy, owned by Cathrine Dufour, are all sold through Helgstrand Dressage. Therefor it was particularly interesting to follow the Danish team, which also secured Denmark a team silver medal at the European Championships.
Vilhelmsborg - Helgstrand wins DRF's qualification for 4-year and 6-year-old horses
Friday Betina and Schakrio Pilekær achieved 69,079% and a 5th place in Prix St. George, while Anne-Marie and Diva Unik finished up 3rd with 70%. On Saturday, For Emotion and Simone won the DRF championship qualification for 4-year-old horses scoring 9.46, including 10 in rideability, 9.8 in canter, 9.5 in capacity and 9.2 in trot. Søren and Samuel got a 3rd place with 8.4. For 6-year-old horses Betina and Ingo won scoring 8.7.
On Saturday's Intermediate 1, Anne-Marie and Diva Unik got a 4th place with 68,947%, while Kenneth and Lancelot achieved a 3rd place with 69.47% in Intermediate 2.
Sunday Kenneth and Lancelot got a second place in the Grand Prix debut scoring 69,467%.
For sure, it will be very exciting to follow the horses as they will join the finals taking place at Blue Hors during week 41.
This year's dressage mare from Helgstrand
At Danish Warmblood's Elite Show Skoven's Tzarina (Blue Horse Zack/Blue Hors Don Schufro) owned by Helgstrand Dressage was awarded Dressage Mare of the year. In addition, two mares from Helgstrand achieved the breeder's gold medal – one is owned by Helgstrand and the other is trained by Helgstrand – Queenpark's Wendy (Sezuan/Soprano) and Straight Horse De Milla (De Niro/Blue Hors Zack).
Elite Foal Auction – New dressage star bought for Helgstrand Dressage
On Saturday 70 excellent foals went under the hammer at Danish Warmblood's Elite Foal Auction, among others offsprings by stallions from Helgstrand. The focus was on Viana by Fürstenball/Blue Hors Romanov – a very well-moving foal - and luckily Helgstrand got the final bid and bought this future star for 57,000 Euro.
Danish Championships for ponies
Alexander – the son of Marianne and Andreas - went to Hovgaard Rideklub to attend the Danish Championships for ponies. Winning both 1st division with 72.77%, 2nd division with 71.38% and the final kür with 73,325%, Alexander and Jumanji the Danish Championship title was secured.
It has been a fantastic weekend with amazing results at Vilhelmsborg, the European Championships in Gothenburg and at Hovgaard Rideklub with Danish Championships for ponies - a big congratulations to the many riders from Helgstrand.
For Emotion and Simone.
Silver horses from Helgstrand Dressage
It was indeed very exciting as the last results hit the screen on Wednesday evening during the European Championships and people realised that the Danish dressage team consisting of Agnete Kirk Thinggard and Jojo AZ, Anna Zibrandtsen and Arlando, Anna Kasprzak and Donnperignon, and Cathrine Dufour and Atterupgaard's Cassidy won the team silver medal in Gothenburg.
Although only one rider from Helgstrand Dressage was attending the European Championships - Severo Jurado Lopez and Deep Impact (De Niro/Rubinstein I), Helgstrand was well represented, as three of the four horses who won silver at the Grand Prix for teams are sold through Helgstrand Dressage.
- It is amazing to follow the Danish dressage team during the European Championships. There are many hours of training behind such performances, and I am really impressed with the performances they all four delivered Wednesday. It makes me proud to see when horses from Helgstrand Dressage perform well on the international scene. We have not won team medal since 2008 in Hong Kong when Anne Van Olst, Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein and I won the bronze, and now the Danish riders have finally secured us another one for the collection, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Great ambitions require high-capacity horses
The young dressage riders are constantly looking for new talents for their international riding career, and both Cathrine, Anna and Anna are often visiting Helgstrand Dressage.
A short while ago Anna Zibrandtsen has bought the 12-year-old KWPN stallion Arlando (Paddox/Mytens xx) through Helgstrand Dressage and what an exceptional start they have had. She has recently added another horse from Helgstrand to her collection, the young 6-year-old gelding, Quel Filou, after Quaterback/Stedinger. Donnperignon is also sold through Helgstrand, and recently Anna Kasprzak also bought additionally two horses, the 8-year-old gelding Quarton (Quaterback/Don Schufro) and the stallion For Emotion (Foundation/Sandro Hit). Atterupgaard's Cassidy has had a short period of time at Helgstrand Dressage, and seeing Cathrine and Cassidy deliver a ride to no less than 78.3% to the European Championship is just amazing – and for all that proves that Helgstrand manage to find the best horses.
- Anna, Anna and Cathrine are young talents - and the head coach of the national team Nathalie Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein has done a great job. We are constantly trying to find the best dressage horses and with the results that the Danish riders have already achieved, we must say that Denmark is in a strong position. And although the German team is strong, they feel the pressure from the Danish team, Andreas says proudly.
Cathrine and Atterupgaard's Cassidy.
Zanzier and Casablanca sold to Cichoń Dressage
Another two horses from Helgstrand Dressage are heading south to Mateusz Cichoń, who owns the dressage stable Cichoń Dressage, located in Poland - the Danish Warmblood licensed stallion, Heilines Zanzier, and the large-framed Casablanca, who has just returned after a remarkable WCYH in Ermelo.
- Mateusz Cichoń is an excellent rider who has already achieved several very impressive international results at Grand Prix level. Continuously he is looking for new talented dressage horses to help him reach his individual career dreams in international dressage. With the purchase of Heilines Zanzier, he has also taken another step towards offering quality semen to Polish breeders, says Thomas Sigtenbjerggaard, master rider at Helgstrand Dressage.
Queen of trot
The large-framed 5-year-old mare by Conen/Fidertanz has just returned after attending the World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo last weekend. Along with Australian Simone Pearce, they finished fourth in the preliminary test with a total score of 9.16. Among the incredible marks she got an impressive 10 in trot and was nominated by the media as "Queen of trot". The mare has a tremendous capacity and with 9.5 both in trot and capacity it is clear that this young horse has the potential to be in the top of dressage.
In the final during WCYH, Casablanca and Simone finished fourth with a total score of 9.0. 9.5 in trot, 9.4 in canter and 9 in capacity. With the stallions Don Martillo, Ferrari from Helgstrand and Hesselhøj Donkey Boy in the first three places in the finals we here have the world's best 5-year-old mare.
- When she came to the arena at Helgstrand Dressage, I knew from the first step she made that it is one of those horses that make a difference. Just a horse from another league! The World Championships have just proved that my impression was 100% right, although the 4th place was far more than I expected, says Mateusz and continues; Let's see if Astrid Appels was right in her report on Eurodressage, and the 2024 Paris Olympic Games were really calling!
Top dressage stallion leaving for Poland
Mateusz Cichoń not only wants to end up in the top of international dressage, but also has an intention to offer semen from high quality stallions to Polish breeders. With the purchase of Heilines Zanzier, who is by Blue Hors Zack/De Niro, he is one step further towards reaching his goal.
- In last two years, thanks to Andreas' support and advice, we have brought a few high quality stallions to Poland and grounded the first professional dressage stallion station. Heilines Zanzier - beautiful stallion, with 3 very good gaits and amazing character, having also a top modern dressage pedigree will be definitely a cherry on top of our collection, says Mateusz.
- Heilines Zanzier, Danish-bred and licensed in DW, has already developed tremendously, and the plan is that he will take part in the performance test this autumn in Denmark. A modern horse with great capacity and completely exceptional gaits, which we looking forward to following in the future, says Thomas Sigtenbjerggaard.