10 horses from Helgstrand competing at the 2020 European Championships
Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Fofo-Loco from national show in Hjallerup, Denmark
The European Championships is taking place at the moment in the capital of Hungary and no less than 10 horses, which have been trained at Helgstrand, are competing these days. All the way from pony to junior, young rider and U25 including Alexander Helgstrand and Greven’s Sa’Va’ and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Foco-Loco from Team Helgstrand.
Tuesday, Alexander and the rest of the Danish team won silver at the 2020 European Junior Championships. An accomplishment many would wish for coming true. Before taking over the reins of Sa’Va’, he rode Adriano B. to several championships medals and now Adriano B. is successful with his new rider, Danish Sophia Obel. At the moment, the Danish U25 riders are on the way to Budapest to compete at the championships, which will take place next week. Including Helgstrand rider Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Foco-Loco.
The following combination competing at the European Championships are coming from Helgstrand:
Adriano B. (De Angelo B/Flying Dream) and Sophia Obel – Denmark
Bonjour Majlund (Bøgegården’s Boney M/De Noir) and Lilla Felvinczi – Hungary
Dolcetto (Don Frederico/Wolkentanz) and Natalia Plata – Polen
Stasia Eg (Stedinger/Akinos) and Emilie Maja Leth – Denmark
Grevens Sa’Va (Blue Horse Soprano/Blue Hors Romancier) and Alexander Yde Helgstrand – Denmark
Diamo Dream (Diamo Gold/Fürst Heinrich) and Aurelia von Mauberg - Polen
Antango Du Feuillard (Ampére/Jazz) and Maria Mejlgaard Jensen - Denmark
Foco-Loco (Sierappel/Wendekreis) and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen – Denmark
Hønnerup’s Driver (Blue Hors Romanov/Blue Hors Don Schufro) and Josefine Hoffmann – Denmark
Sir Lancelot M and Ellen McCarthy - Great Britain
Danish junior team claims silver
These days, the European Junior Championships are being held in Budapest, Hungary. Yesterday, the first half of the Danish team entered the arena and the possibility of winning a medal turned out to be very positive as Maja Leth and Stasia Eg placed 5th scoring 70.091%, while Kristian Würtz Green and Bovbjerg’s Zhivago achieved 70.637% and placed 4th in the first division. The last two riders, Frederikke and Alexander did everything they possibly could but unfortunately, the German team was a little stronger, and therefore the fight for the silver was between Denmark and Holland. Luckily it turned into a silver medal after a couple of great tests for the last riders. Frederikke Gram Jacobsen achieved the team's highest individual score earning 72.333%, while Alexander scored 71.848%.
Maja Leth and Stasia Eg – 70.091%
Kristian Würtz Green and Bovbjergs Zhivago – 70.637%
Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Ryvangs Zafina – 72.333%
Alexander and Grevens Sa'Va – 71.848%
1. Germany – 222,212%
2. Denmark – 214,818%
3. Holland - 213,515%
Wednesday is rest day for the Danish team and on Thursday the Danish riders will compete for the individual medals. The 18 best combinations will move on to the freestyle on Friday.
Outstanding Revolution offspring awarded HANN Champion Mare
Expressive, impressive and incredible well-moving 3-year-old mare by Revolution/Belissimo M awarded Champion mare at the prestigious Herwart von der Decken Schau in Verden, Germany!
Congratulations to breeder Gestüt Greim, Germany.
Feminine, well-marked, expressive and supple mover in both trot and walk showing a remarkable talent for future top sport!
Lots of quality foals result in two auctions
Picture: Future Nightshadow by Franklin/Sir Donnerhall I, bred by Camilla Daugberg. Recently awarded best dressage filly in Danish Warmblood, region 6.
In mid-July, the inspections took place for the third and last Helgstrand-Schockemöhle online auction in Germany and Denmark, and due to the large number of quality foals, we have chosen to divide the auction and thus having an auction for the dressage and jumpers separately.
32 foals have been selected at the inspections and among the sires of the foals we see the three-times Westphalia Champion, Valverde by Vitalis/Ampere, the KWPN Champion Stallion Franklin by Ampére/Ferro, who is the father of several auction highlights and has won Prix St. Georg under Betina Jæger. In addition, the winner of the Nürnberger Burg-Pokal, Vitalis by Vivaldi/DDay, Total Hope, who unites some of the strongest performance bloodlines with Weihegold as mother and Totilas as father as well as the 2019 World Champion for 5-year-old, Jovian by Apache/Tango.
The 15 dressage foals will be online at helgstrand.horse24.com from August 12th to August 16th, and it will be possible to bid for your favourite from August 14th until the auction ends on August 16th at 7:30 pm.
To bid, create a free profile on horse24.com. Find more info and create your profile here: https://horse24.com/en/how-to-bid
The total of 17 jumpers will be online at Schockemöhle's own auction site, and the auction will run from 6-11. August.
Schockemöhle's online auction you find here: https://www.ps-online.auction/de/auktionen
Second online auction a roaring success
Second online auction a roaring success The first Helgstrand-Schockemöhle online auction was held with great success and after some very promising foal inspections in both Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands, the expectations for the second auction were obviously very high.
Actually, the auction foals were to come online on July 10th at 9:00 am, but due to some technical challenges, people had to be patient. And judging by the visitor history on horse24.com, people had been waiting in excitement, because when the foals finally came online later that day, the visitor numbers increased drastically in no time.
The collection contained 25 foals deriving from the strongest performance lines in the world, including 7 jumpers and 18 dressage foals. The new auction concept was adjusted a bit as the bids were first allowed on Friday, July 17th at 9:00 am, and already from the start, people began to bid. Quickly, some favourites were found among the many buyers who nearly represented the entire world. 24 hours before the end of the auction, Netstutteriet's Fascination by Franklin/Zack (bred by Bo Brink) was at the top, followed by Hesselbjerg’s Zenzation Spring by Springbank II VH/Zack (bred by Majbritt Junker) and with Skovdal’s Jake by Janeiro Platinum/Romanov (bred by Bjarne Skovdal) coming 3rd.
Danish bred foals in the lead – offspring by Franklin price highlight
There was no doubt about the auction's favourite - the expressive and extremely well-moving filly by Franklin, who with Zack as damsire testifies to an extremely strong performance line. The Danish-bred foal, Netstutteriet’s Fascination, was sold for no less than 60,000 euro to Germany. Franklin has at several auctions delivered the most expensive sold foal and his offspring turn out to be promising riding horses just as he himself achieving numerous victories at small tour level with Betina Jæger. The dam Netstutteriet's Nafea Fa Ipoipo is the full sister of Straight Horse Ascenzione, which participated in the prestigious World Breeding Championships for Young Horses with Helen Langehanenberg.
The second most expensive was Hesselbjerg's Zenzation Spring by the Swedish championship winner and Champion Stallion in Danish Warmblood, Springbank II VH with Zack as damsire. The hammer price was as much as 42,000 euros and the expressive and exceptionally well-moving colt remained in Danish hands.
Third most expensive was Danse De La Vie by the two-times World Champion D’avie and with Bretton Woods as damsire. With three impressive gaits and a superb expression, here is perhaps a possible future stallion or at least a promising dressage horse with a top pedigree. Danse De La Vie is bred by De Kempenhoeve Bvba in Belgium and was sold to Denmark for 30,000 euro.
Find the result of the auction here
- I am very pleased with the result of the second auction and especially the high average price of 18.300 euro. In addition, I am pleased with the fact that the news about the auction has reached a wide number of people and that we saw buyers from all over the world. Thus, we reach a much wider audience with the online auction than if it was a physical auction, says auction manager Esben Møller.
Buy your future top horse online
The 3rd Helgstrand-Schockemöhle foal auction is online from the 7-16 August at helgstrand.horse24.com.
Revolution wins national show debut
Revolution and Andreas winning Prix St. George with 77.561%
There was no doubt that the show break caused by the COVID19 has done well for Revolution, who has developed quite exceptionally in recent months. He was for sure ready for his national competition debut, which was in Prix St. George at the national show in Hjallerup, Denmark. The only 7-year-old stallion, who already has achieved much success, did a test which was rewarded with several 9's and he ended up winning his debut scoring 77.561%. One of the judges, Leif Törnblad, was even so convinced of the stallion's qualities and precision of the test that he rewarded it with 80%.
- I am so happy and proud of Revolution's performance today. The training in recent months has exceeded all expectations and he has gained so much strength as he also showed in the test today. And it makes me so proud that an international judge like Leif Törnblad rewards us with 80%. It shows that we are on the right track. He is so easy to ride at competitions and doesn't care about what is happening outside the arena. He is fully focused on the task, and this character is given to his offspring as well, Andreas says, adding that the plan is to prepare him for the World Championships for Young Horses in Verden, Germany in December.
Revolution is by Rocky Lee/Rouletto. He has impressed by winning the Danish Dressage Championships three times in a row and in addition winning silver and gold at the World Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo. Furthermore, he was awarded the Champion Stallion at the 2017 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing and won the Danish Warmblood's 35-day performance test, which also testifies his unique qualities as a breeding stallion.
Revolution and Andreas winning Prix St. George with 77.561%
Helgstrand Dressage expands their organization with a new commercial director
Anders Bjørnstrup Bech comes from a position as director and partner in the brand bureau Clienti A/S and is now stepping in as commercial director at Helgstrand the 1/8-2020.
Anders has throughout his career worked in communication with a special focus on business development, branding and sales – at the latest as one of the founders of Northern Jutland’s largest brand bureau Clienti A/S. His knowledge and experience shall now be used to develop the commercial activities at Helgstrand Dressage ApS.
Through a good dialogue with Andreas and Marianne Helgstrand and Waterland Private Equity who today co-owns Helgstrand Dressage, a new position as a commercial director is established at Helgstrand in which Anders Bjørnstrup Bech will be responsible.
”Both Waterland and I are looking very much forward to Anders being a part of the team and we are very pleased that it went through successfully. Both in terms of chemistry and competence we are sure that we have found the right match, Andreas Helgstrand tells, who in 2008 founded Helgstrand Dressage together with his wife Marianne Helgstrand and in 2018 they sold a part of the company to Waterland Private Equity.
Andreas Helgstrand continues; ”We are working on several new options in terms of acquisition and cooperation that can strengthen our position worldwide and that include other activities around the horse. In order to develop these activities, we were in need of a qualified profile, in which we have now found and this is a part of reaching our ambitions.”
Anders Bjørnstrup Bech finishes: ”After having worked with varies types of companies on an advising level through the years, I look very much forward to use my knowledge and experience in this new position and become a part of Helgstrand. New and exciting challenges await now that the whole world is our market. Andreas and Marianne have created something unique in the equestrian world and the potential that lies here for further business expansion is something I look forward to being a part of turning in to reality”.
Anders Bjørnstrup Bech will still keep his board positions in Aalborg Boldspilklub A/S (AaB), PAVA Produkter A/S, and in Clienti A/S.
New times create new opportunities
COVID-19 has taken up all the time and energy in our everyday lives, but we easily forget to focus on the good things, that have come out of this situation. The online auctions have existed for a long time, and even though it for some has been a bit too new and challenging to follow the digital development by being able to purchase a horse online without trying it, it is now one of the channels where horses are in fact sold and it is an opportunity that is here to stay. At Helgstrand they have taken a step further and horses are being sold directly from the stables in Vodskov with great success.
- I never thought I would buy a horse from a video, however, the Helgstrand team really made it easy. I appreciated them videoing the Pre-Purchase Exam as well and sending it to me, so my vet and I could get a clear understanding, Andrea Trudeau from Vancouver Island, Canada tells.
- We have to see the opportunities instead of the limitations and the whole company can’t stand still when we face challenges. We have therefore changed our procedures not only to present the horse at its best but also to include the customers in the whole process. We are surrounded by modern technology that allows us to think in new ways and be able to meet the customer where they are, Andreas Helgstrand tells.
Andrea Trudeau lives in Canada and started riding when she was very young. The passion for the horses led her to many different places and she has worked in Germany, Australia and California before she travelled back to Canada and chose another carrier. But the wish to get back in the saddle led her to Helgstrand in Denmark.
- I had planned to travel to Europe to look for a young horse however, with COVID-19 I was unable to travel. I have never purchased a horse from Andreas before, but I know he has an excellent reputation. There was an advertisement that said, they could find the perfect horse for anyone, no matter the budget, so I thought “why not?”. After reaching out, Andreas sent some videos of horses that were within my budget and the parameters of what I was looking for, loose in the arena, as well as some still photos, Andrea tells.
Andrea ended up buying a three-year-old gelding by the World Champion, Revolution.
- As soon as I saw the video of the 3-year-old Revolution/Onassis gelding, he really stood out to me. He had plenty of talent and I love the stallion Revolution, so his breeding definitely appealed to me as well, Andrea tells.
- Once Veni Vidi Vici (or “Vince” as I’m going to call him for short) get here, I’m hoping to take my time with him and get him settled in, and hopefully look forward to some competitions next year. The plan is that he will start his riding carrier at Helgstrand and then when it is once again possible to travel, he will come to Canada, Andrea adds.
- I have a special passion for riding young horses and getting them going to a point that they are ready for someone else to feel secure on them. Of course, I dream of taking Vince to the higher levels of dressage however, I am just looking forward to getting him safely home in Canada, Andrea Trudeau tells.
Foals for the future – offspring by Fürst Romancier sold for 82,000 euro
Fürstin D'Amour by Fürst Romancier/San Amour - sold for 82,000 euro
The last bid has been placed at the first Helgstrand-Schockemöhle auction, and although we couldn’t feel the atmosphere as the time approached 7.30 pm, we are sure it has been very interesting to watch the auction as many bids ticked in shortly before the deadline and extended the auction significant.
22 hand-picked foals came online at the new auction platform horse24.com on Friday, June 5, and anyone interested could see the collection of top foals from home. The foals, which consisted of 7 jumper and 15 dressage foals respectively, had been selected at inspections in Denmark and Germany by the auction committee consisting of Felix Tiemann and Heinz Meyer from Deckstation Paul Schockemöhle and Esben Møller from Helgstrand Dressage.
Many bid for their favourite and although two dressage foals had been in the front of the entire auction and fought for the first place, it was the extremely well-moving filly, catalogue number 1 Fürstin D'Amour by Fürst Romancier/San Amour (bred by Dirk Gosker), that became the auction's highlight with the selling price of 82,000 euro. Second most expensive was catalogue number 7 Full of Dreams by Fürstenball/Spörcken (bred by Friedrich-Wilhelm Gerke), which was sold for 40,000 euro. The third most expensive was split between catalogue number 13 Fynchessa by Fynch Hatton/Don Bosco (bred by Falk Schubert) and the Danish-bred catalogue number 14 Treldegårds Shaka Kahn by Quaterhit/Fürstenball, bred by Niels Madsen, which was sold for 20,500 euro and thus also the most expensive Danish-bred foal.
Find the auction overview by following this link
- We couldn’t be more happy about the result of the first auction. It is the first time in the history of Helgstrand that we have organized an auction. It is a matter of confidence to offer horses online, but with the current situation, we need to think creatively, and fortunately the technology helps us find the right way to approach anyone interested. We have put a lot of effort into making all necessary information available and we have assisted the customers in the process by answering questions. Online auctions belong to the future, and I just hope that you will also welcome the next collection of quality foals to come. We look forward to seeing the exciting offspring already announced for the next inspections, says Andreas Helgstrand.
- We know from ourselves; you need time to get used to new things. But I think the new auction has been well received. In particular, it means a lot that the breeders have shown us confidence, and with a few small adjustments we are ready to select the next top foals at the inspections beginning already tomorrow in Denmark for the next auction coming online on July 10th, says Esben Møller from the Helgstrand-Schockemöhle auction committee, who is pleased to be able to help the breeders sell their foals.
- We do our utmost to reach a wide audience, and the new auction platform horse24.com has for sure been a very important factor. The buyers come from all over the world and we can only be proud that in some months the foals will leave Denmark or Germany to enter the big world and be fantastic representatives of the quality that Helgstrand and Schockemöhle represent, adds Andreas.
Full of Dreams by Fürstenball/Spörcken - sold for 40,000 euro
Fynchessa by Fynch Hatton/Don Bosco - sold for 20,500 euro
Treldgårds Shaka Kahn by Quaterhit/Fürsteball - sold for 20,500 euro
Helgstrand and Zibrasport Equest in a new partnership
With a common vision to create the world’s leading digital equestrian community, Helgstrand and Zibrasport have signed a cooperation that secures Helgstrand a 10% ownership of Zibrasport Equest. The community that live streams from some of the largest equestrian events and creates inspiring video content, articles and lots more is in enormous development. The ambition of the partnership is to create new digital solutions to the equestrian world and new ways to engage the community and then of course the opportunity to invite people behind the scenes in one of the world’s leading equestrian companies – Helgstrand.
Up close in the equestrian world
Zibrasport Equest has been streaming equestrian events in Denmark since 2016 and in December 2019 the company expanded to become an equestrian community – zibrasportequest.com. The ambition is to create a community with a broad variety of relevant content that gives the equestrian world the opportunity to engage themselves and become inspired to even more engagement in their sport. The opportunity to come closer and think in new ways are also part of the ambitions that Helgstrand has for the future.
- We have been ambitious from the start and has created an internationally leading company in the equestrian world. To secure our ongoing growth, we have a strong wish to become more visible and create more openness about our company and the equestrian world in general and therefore we have chosen to invest in Zibrasport. The community is built on a business model with international potential, where we both can invite customers and equestrians into our facilities and to events and be a part of focusing on the equestrian world and developing new and innovative solutions, the CEO of Helgstrand, Andreas Helgstrand says.
Innovation and engagement
It is not only from the saddle that you can engage yourself in the equestrian sport. That is the philosophy of Zibrasport Equest, where you already at this stage can find numerous videos from the largest events, get closer to the leading profiles and riders and find inspiration and be fascinated from the variety of the equestrian sport. The community has an ongoing development and believes that the best development is created together with the users.
- A community is created by both the users themselves and their engagement and from the editorial content. We are constantly thinking out of the box and are not afraid to explore new and creative ways. Therefore, it is also a very good reason that we are teaming up with an innovative partner such as Helgstrand to create the worlds best and most innovative equestrian community. We share the ambition to create a healthy company and the passion to create something that strengthen and develop the equestrian sport. In fact, we are already in the middle of creating our next digital solution together with Helgstrand, says Niels Zibrandtsen, the chairman and owner of Zibrasport.
An independent community
Zibrasport Equest is still an independent community that offers content and streaming from every corner of the equestrian world. The corporation will offer unique insight into Helgstrand, such as streaming from the events at Helgstrand and lots of quality content, that is produced in cooperation with the staff in Northern Jutland and Wellington.
- Zibrasport Equest is a community where you always can find inspiration and insight - no matter your interests in the equestrian world or which inspiration you seek. The community must be created in cooperation with riders, equestrians, partners and federations across the equestrian sport and therefore the cooperation with Helgstrand does not exclude cooperation with others – on the contrary. Helgstrand shares the ambition to create value for the equestrian sport and find new collaborations to develop new and innovative solutions and therefore we believe that together we can create a strong and engaging community. It is also fantastic that we can invite the users into the world of Helgstrand because we know that the interest is enormous, says Rikke Højgaard, editor in chief at Zibrasport Equest.
A strong partnership
It is two strong and innovative partners that stands behind Zibrasport Equest. The digital media was established in 2016 under Zibra A/S, that has the entrepreneur Niels Zibrandtsen in the lead. Zibrandtsen established the company GlobalConnect, which he sold in 2016, and after this he dedicated himself to invest in and develop new startup companies.
Helgstrand was established in 2008 by Andreas Helgstrand, medalist from both the Olympics and World Championships. Since the establishment the company in Northern Jutland has evolved rapidly. It went so well that the Dutch investment fund Waterland Private Equity bought the majority part of the company in 2018. Helgstrand buys and train dressage horses to sell all over the world and the company now has divisions in both Germany and in Wellington, Florida.