Vogue wins 2-day stallion performance test
Video: Enjoy Vogue in the second part of the test with the test rider.
Today, was the final day of the 2-day stallion performance test in Münster-Handorf, and our 3-year-old Vogue (by Vitalis/Fidertanz, breeder: ZG Werth) supremely took the lead scoring 9.33. Receiving the following individual marks: 9.8 for rideability, 9.5 for trot, canter, and willingness to work as well as 8.2 for walk. Geronimo G (placed 3rd with 9.01, by Glamourdale/Escolar, breeder: Gestüt Grasekamp), Elastic (Escolar/Dimaggio, breeder: Daniela Werheit-Wagemeyer) and Joshua (Jovian/Belissimo M, breeder: Volker Schmale-Steinkamp) also performed amazingly under saddle and received great marks.
For the Danish breeders: The 2-day test in Germany has been recognized by Danish Warmblood and the 3-year-old DWB approved stallions have now received one year of breeding approval.
We decided on the German 2-day stallion performance test instead of the Danish Warmblood 10-day test as some of the stallions are stationed in Germany and already very busy.
Stallions, who today completed the 2-day test in Münster-Handorf:
- Joshua by Jovian / Belissimo M / D'accord
- Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz / Sandro Hit
- Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II
- Geronimo G by Glamourdale / Escolar / Fürst Heinrich
Stallions, who completed the 2-day test in Vechta on 6-7 April 2022:
- Don Sarkozy by Don Allegro / Sarkozy / De Niro
- Liam by Livaldon / Warkant / Sherlock Holmes
- Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo
- Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever / Florestan I
- Opoque by All At Once / Davino / Fürst Heinrich
- Sparkling by Springbank / Fürst Romancier / Desperados
- Incredible by Indian Rock / For Romance I / K2
Moreover, Åtoftens Jovani by Jovian/Benneton Dream and Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH/Zalando passed their 10-day test in Danish Warmblood.
And on 9-11 May, the following three stallions will take part in the stallion performance test in Warendorf:
- Veto by Vitalis / Sir Donnerhall I / De Niro
- Value by Valverde / Floriscount / Lauries Crusador xx
- Quelle Couleur by Qaside MD / Captain Fire / Power
Helgstrand signs agreement with the internationally esteemed brand Freejump System
The right equipment is an essential factor in performing at the highest level - and Helgstrand is now welcoming another exclusive equipment brand, Freejump System, the founders of the innovative and well-known Freejump stirrups. It is a mutual collaboration, where Helgstrand will help develop a dressage line, and at the same time, the riders will have the pleasure of riding in the exclusive products from Freejump.
Freejump is already an established brand that is highly respected by showjumping and military equestrians around the world being widely recognized for its innovative and high-tech products. Now the time has come to expand the market into dressage, and Freejump sees great benefits in collaborating with Helgstrand.
- Our products are used by show jumpers all over the world, and with the new partnership, we can now anticipate the demand for products tailored to the dressage enthusiast. There is no doubt that Helgstrand is the perfect partner for us, because not only can they bring invaluable knowledge, but they can also help us reach even further and position ourselves among the leading equestrian brands, states Yann Dubourg, CEO of Freejump System.
- We are proud to welcome Freejump as a new partner. Our colleagues at Beerbaum and Riesenbeck International are already enthusiastic about their products. And having tested them ourselves, I’m sure we are able to develop an innovative dressage line by adding our ideas. Products that give the dressage rider the optimal support, safety, and comfort, whether riding at amateur or professional level, says Andreas Helgstrand.
In addition to the stirrups, Freejump System supplies safety vests to Helgstrand, which our riders will use when breaking in our many young horses. All riders at Helgstrand’s locations in Denmark, Germany and the USA will take advantage of the new stirrups during spring. You can see the innovative products from Freejump at Helgstrand's open house at Helgstrand Germany in Syke on April 30th, at Riesenbeck International and at the competitions organized by Helgstrand Event as well as online at Freejump's website; www.freejumpsystem.com.
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences joins Master Rider Education as education partner
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences will be joining the Master Rider Education as an educational partner and provide students with high-quality theory relevant to jumping and dressage riders. Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences (VHL) is an international university based in the Netherlands. One of their bachelor programs, Equine, Sports, and Business, is dedicated to the education of young professionals for a professional career in the horse industry.
- In our unique Bachelor program ‘Equine, Sports, and Business’, we welcome students from a wide variety of countries already for over 25 years. They have excellent career perspectives and find jobs all over the world. That we now can use this experience for the Master Rider Education, is an acknowledgment for our university of applied science and our equine lecturing team, states Ruth van der Beek, Education Director VHL in Velp.
- We have had students from van Hall Larenstein here in the stables and office of Helgstrand Dressage and their motivation and knowledge have always been highly appreciated, states Andreas Helgstrand, Founder of Helgstrand Dressage and Global Equestrian Group CEO.
VHL will be developing and executing a substantial part of the theory in the Master Rider Education. Certified and experienced lecturers from the bachelor program Equine, Sports and Business will be giving live online lectures in both the business and horse & performance subjects.
The content of the theory will be made highly relevant to dressage and jumping riders. With a focus on sports performance through horse subjects like training theory, health, nutrition, and breeding. All the business subjects will have a focus on horses and riders as well. The theory will include exciting projects and assignments to directly apply what is learned, to practice.
- The knowledge that currently is available, offers many opportunities for the equine industry. Our team, which developed over the years, now comprises a broad field of expertise in both business and equine topics. Being horse people ourselves, we look forward to contributing to this great initiative and helping to seize the opportunities that are out there, says Hans van Tartwijk, coordinator of the Equine, Sports and Business program.
Ludger Beerbaum is excited about the partnership as well.
- It is important that we make scientific knowledge understandable for riders and bring it to practice. The fact that the lecturers from van Hall Larenstein University have a background in horses is a great advantage.
About Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
VHL is the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Through international Bachelor, Masters, certificate programmes, and short courses the university trains high-quality, ambitious and innovative professionals who contribute to a more sustainable world. VHL is also the only Dutch university of applied sciences to be a member of the Holland Horse Foundation and the International Network Equine Science.
Equine Sports and Business
The full-time Equine, Sports, and Business study programme is part of the bachelor programme Animal Husbandry and offers students a unique focus combination of equine science and horse business. The program allows students to work closely to the work field. In recent years, their students have worked with over 400 different companies in 35 countries thanks to their internships and graduation projects. Graduates find their careers in event management, marketing, horse feed companies, insurances, equestrian retail, media ventures, and industry associations.
More info here
Incredible and Vogue temporarily not available for breeding
Pictured: Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Incredible.
As one of the world's leading stallion stations with customers all over the world, it is important that we always can guarantee high quality. That is why we are currently working together with Tierersätzliche Hochschule in Hanover, Germany to examine the semen of our 3-year-old stallions Incredible and Vogue more closely, as their semen does not meet the required quality. Until we know the answer to the tests, we have therefore decided to take them out of our breeding program.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you who were planning to use them in the next few days. We expect to have an answer shortly and as soon as the results of the tests are available, we will inform you. We hope for your understanding.
Jovian wins Grand Prix debut
Last year he became World Champion of the 7-year-olds in Verden, Germany, today he took the first steps to the big sport. Jovian by Apache/Tango and Andreas Helgstrand has been training to make his Grand Prix debut at this weekend's national show in Aarhus, and what a debut.
- When I rode the first centre line I got goosebumps as I felt he was 110% with me. It's a very special feeling to make your Grand Prix debut on a horse you've developed yourself. I don't think anyone else has achieved that result in their Grand Prix debut, so of course, it's very special. And there's a lot more to him - he lacks strength and experience, but he's only 8 years old. Today he showed that he is a worthy candidate for the top sport, said Andreas after the test.
Jovian and Andreas scored 83.7% for the win with several 10s. He was followed by another horse making his debut today, the only 8-year-old Queenpark's Wendyby the triple World Champion Sezuan and out of a Soprano. With Andreasm she scored 77%
View the results of the class here
Succesful new duo
It has been a successful weekend for Alexander and his new partner, Belantis as well delivering two exceptional performances. Both in Friday's Prix St. George and Saturday's Intermediare I they did incredibly well with two harmonious rides. There was not much to put a finger on, even though the two have only known each other for a very short time. They were awarded 75,83% in PSG and 75% in Intermediare winning both classes.
My Vitality sold to Cathrine Rasmussen
Pictured: My Vitality and Eric Martinez from winning the Danish Championships last year.
Breeder, stallion owner, and Grand Prix rider Cathrine Rasmussen is a well-known name in the equestrian sport with her ownership of some of the best dressage horses. Cathrine has for a long time been a co-owner of our breeding stallion My Vitality, full brother to Vitalis, but has now bought full ownership of this talented young stallion who has made quite impressive headlines recently.
The chestnut has developed impressively and made a particularly good impression at shows under Helgstrand's Spanish rider, Eric Martinez. The pair qualified with top marks for the Danish Equestrian Federation's Young Horse Championships and took the win with all marks above 9. But he has also made a name for himself in terms of breeding, most recently winning the 35-day test with an overall score of 902.5, after being appointed a premium stallion in Danish Warmblood. His first crop of foals does not disappoint, and he passes on his harmonious paces, excellent type, and fantastic temper to his offspring.
- It was love at first sight the first time I saw My Vitality. And the excitement has only grown over the few years I've co-owned him. Last year I got an offspring by him and I’m so happy with it that I am expecting 3 more this year! I really appreciate my collaboration with Helgstrand and enjoy being part of the journey and following our horses and their success. When you are also a rider, the ultimate dream is to have the opportunity to work with a horse of such quality yourself. So, I’m very grateful that Helgstrand gave me the opportunity to acquire full ownership of My Vitality. I'm really looking forward to bringing him home and getting started on his further training. And I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Eric for the fantastic training of him, says Cathrine Rasmussen.
- We have had a very good cooperation with Cathrine for many years now. She has a flair for selecting good horses and is very passionate about everything she does. A combination that has now ended in full ownership of My Vitality. We are delighted that he will continue his training, as he is clearly a candidate for the top sport, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Expanded number of events for Helgstrand Event and Equitour
After revealing new identities and ambitions for Global Equestrian Group brands like Beerbaum Stables and Riesenbeck International earlier this year, it is now time to reveal new plans for Helgstrand Event and Equitour.
Helgstrand Event and Equitour will be extending the use of the showground, increasing focus on hosting national and international competitions in jumping and dressage, but also focusing on events outside the equestrian sport. The new plans for the showground will be visual during the 2022 season, whilst the new website can already be visited for more information.
Helgstrand Event will be the brand of all events at Helgstrand, and Equitour will remain as the equestrian mark for the national and international equestrian shows at the venue.
Andreas Helgstrand, CEO of Helgstrand Dressage is excited about having more shows at the showground. “We want to support equestrian sport in Denmark by focussing on more competitions welcoming both amateur- and professional riders. “With more youth classes in jumping and dressage, Helgstrand Event and Equitour will also support the youth with opportunities to compete.
In the summer of 2017, the first edition of ‘Equitour’, also known as the CSI/CDI Uggerhalne took place at the showground right across the road from Helgstrand Dressage. The show has been a great success ever since, attracting world-class riders from both the jumping and dressage sport and making the showground well-known internationally.
Equitour has been the perfect fitting for the Danish Dressage Championships for the past three years and has secured hosting for another three years. Also, the Longines EEF Series have a fixed come back every year where the world’s best show jumping riders travel to the Northern part of Denmark to compete.
In 2022 the event organization plans more exciting events. In May the Longines EEF Series™ Aalborg 2022 Presented by Radisson will take place including CSIO3* Nations Cup, CSIO2*, and European Youth League brining the top tier of the jumping sport to the showground.
In June the National Danish Dressage Championships for seniors, U25 and para grades will take place. Together with international Young Rider, Junior, and pony classes and the Bundgaard Byg/Trolle Cup 2nd Qualifier including the selection for the World Championships for young dressage horses. It promises to be an exciting show for dressage fanatics. Additionally, several national dressage and jumping shows have been added to the calendar.
The shows are a great opportunity to see some world-class riding. Tickets are already available, get yours here
Increased business opportunities
Helgstrand Event and Equitour offers multiple opportunities for hospitality, VIP experiences and exhibitions for selected events across the year. “We are so excited to launch our new platform for an extended use of the facilities around Helgstrand Dressage. The intentions of utilizing the space and inviting professional and amateur riders to Helgstrand has been received very well, and we can already now welcome a broad range of partners and sponsors to the events across the year” states Head of Event and Partnership Martin Thorbøll Pedersen.
About Helgstrand Event and Equitour
Helgstrand Event is the brand of an exceptional showground in the North of Denmark hosting unique and engaging equestrian events during the outdoor season. Both national and international, jumping and dressage shows are organized under the name of Equitour.
But not only the world’s best dressage and jumping riders travel to Northern Denmark to compete at the fantastic facilities. Ambitious amateurs and upcoming young riders are also welcomed to enjoy competing at the same quality environment.
In case of any questions, please direct them to:
Martin Thorbøll Pedersen
Head of Events and Partnerships
M: +45 22 89 31 45
KASK new exclusive partner to Helgstrand Dressage
Helgstrand has recently entered several new partnerships with brands in the equestrian sport, which not only creates great benefits for Helgstrand's employees and the development of the company but also helps the partners to achieve greater visibility in the sport. Most recently, Helgstrand can now welcome KASK, which specializes in exclusive and innovative riding helmets.
- KASK has designed some phenomenal products, where innovation, quality and safety go hand in hand. Of course, safety must be paramount when riding horses – there is no doubt about that. But what KASK early saw, was that the demand for unique products rises. A trend that they meet with at large selection of products, which can be tailor-made to the individual in terms of comfort and design, says Andreas Helgstrand, CEO and founder of Helgstrand Dressage, who welcomes the new partnership.
KASK is a leading Italian helmet manufacturer which since 2004, the year KASK was founded, has as mission to balance technological innovation, functionality, safety, comfort and their exclusive ‘Made in Italy’ design, always looking for ways to go beyond and improve the quality of KASK helmets even further. But like Helgstrand’s other partners, KASK sees great synergies in branding itself with the world´s leading dressage sales stable.
- This new collaboration with one of the most important dressage stables in the world represents a source of great pride and satisfaction for our company and we expect it will continue in the years to come. As a new partner of Helgstrand Dressage we look forward to accompanying their athletes during competitions both at national and international level, guaranteeing maximum safety and comfort - said Diego Zambon, General Director of KASK.
- We welcome the new collaboration, and personally I am looking forward to seeing when everyone is wearing a KASK helmet. Because it is just more accomplished when we all wear the same equipment across our divisions – and not least when we go to competitions and welcome customers. And having said that, I am sure we can make a positive contribution to KASK's continued development into a reputable international brand in the equestrian sport, Andreas adds.
- KASK has big visions, and it fits in perfectly with Helgstrand. They have a range of fantastic products that we can help brand across our platforms. The process with KASK has been very professional, and I am pleased with the result and the further development, says Martin Thorbøll Pedersen, Head of Event & Partnership at Helgstrand Dressage.
From May, you will be able to see Helgstrand's riders wearing the new riding helmets.
Global Equestrian Group Acquires Show Grounds Live and Gold Coast Feed Companies
Wellington, FL – March 16th, 2022 – Global Equestrian Group announced on March 16th that it has acquired two new companies in the United States to expand and support their U.S. market operations.
Located in Wellington, FL, Gold Coast Feed is the official feed and bedding supplier of Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). Servicing those at the Winter Equestrian Festival and Adequan® Global Dressage Festival showgrounds in the winter, Gold Coast Feed also distributes year-round to farms in Wellington and the surrounding areas.
“We see tremendous potential in Gold Coast Feed,” said Global Equestrian Group CEO Andreas Helgstrand. “The company has a prime location and good range of quality products. Gold Coast Feed already supplies PBIEC, so we are familiar with the company and their services. By adding this company to our group, we can enhance both service level and our great outreach to the equestrian market in Florida.”
ShowGrounds, LLC (aka showgroundslive.com)is located in Shelburne Falls, MA, and operates as the show management and streaming provider for equestrian events across the United States & Canada. The company currently assists 17 major showgrounds in operating their results, schedules, orders, videos, and more. Show Grounds Live has a considerable content library with over 1 million videos and accommodates more than 200,000 unique streaming users. The organization employs more than 25 people, including seasonal video operators.
“The ShowGrounds platform fits perfectly with our group,” said Helgstrand. “We have already started an extensive journey on digitalization and acquiring Show Grounds will allow us to take another huge step on this path. With the combined efforts of Show Grounds Live and Global Equestrian Group, we can lift the equestrian event experience to a completely new level.”
In the coming months, the two new companies will be integrated into the group and all companies look forward to serving both existing and new customers.
Ole Hummelshøj new general manager at Helgstrand Academy
Pictured: Ole Hummelshøj and his wife, Laila Wittendorff.
Over time, Helgstrand Dressage has attracted some of the most skilled equestrians, and soon the team will be expanded again. Master rider Ole Hummelshøj takes over for the responsibility of managing Helgstrand Academy, which in addition to housing 180 horses also provides the perfect setting for national and international competitions.
Master rider Maria Anita Andersen has so far been responsible for Helgstrand Academy, but in the future, she will dedicate more of her time to the training part in addition to continuing to be responsible for Helgstrand's skilled master student riders.
- Maria has done a terrific job, where in addition to putting a team of talented people together, she has raised the level of our horses significantly. Maria has competed in national as well as world young horse championships and all the way to the international Grand Prix, and of course, we want to put those competencies more into play. Together, we have decided that she should dedicate more of her time to educating our horses so that we can see her even more in the show arena. Therefore, we have been looking for someone able to replace her and continue at the same high level. And we are sure Ole will be able to do so with his background and many years of experience, states Andreas Helgstrand.
Ole Hummelshøj is an educated master rider, has trained horses up to the international Grand Prix, and has for the past 10 years been managing Grindsted Rideklub with great success. In parallel, he has judged young horse championships. An experience that will be of great value to Helgstrand, which from the beginning has had a strong focus on training young horses for the world elite.
- The demand for good dressage horses is greater than what the market can saturate. Therefore, we acquired Helgstrand Youngsters in 2018, and now we are starting to see the horses under the saddle. We have always focused on the education of the best horses, which the many World Championship medals also support, and here I definitely see Ole's competencies come into play at great value for the place as a whole, Andreas adds.
- I look forward to being a part of the team and contributing to the continued positive development. I am inspired by working with talented people, and I look forward to contributing with new inspiration, lots of energy and good leadership. I am especially looking forward to helping the riders in the daily training, says Ole Hummelshøj.
Both Ole Hummelshøj and his wife, Laila Wittendorff, will be part of the team and take up their new positions at Helgstrand in mid-July 2022