Jovian wins international Grand Prix debut
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix Special debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Recently, Andreas debuted both the two-time world champion, Jovian by Apache/Tango, and the gold medal mare, Queenpark's Wendy (Sezuan/Soprano) in the Grand Prix at the national show at Vilhelmsborg with two victories. This weekend, he took home another two wins at the international show at Aalborg Dressage Event. Both horses delivered top performances, but Jovian is just in a class of his own. It was hard to put a finger on anything because every exercise was performed to the utmost precision with enormous power and suppleness. With a very convincing Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special, he managed to put himself at the top of the leaderboard and won supremely with 77,13% in the Grand Prix and 77,915% in the Grand Prix Special.
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Danciero sold to Future Dressage
Pictured: Eva Möller and Danciero from winning a silver medal at the 2021 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses.
Recently we announced that the 6-year-old Danciero by Dancier/Floriscount will focus more on the sport. And now we can add that the internationally successful dressage rider and daily manager of Future Dressage, Anna Kasprzak, will take over the reins from Eva Möller, who has been very successful with this young stallion.
Danciero has developed quite exceptionally under our German rider, Eva Möller. Most recently in 2021, they took home two silver medals, one at the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses followed by the Bundeschampionate. Moreover, they won the Hanoverian Championship no less than three times in a row. Danciero was appointed Westphalian Champion Stallion, and despite being only 6 years old, we have already seen an impressive number of offspring from him. Strong of type, expressive, and with three good paces.
- I visited Helgstrand after their open house to look for a new horse. Andreas thought Danciero would be a perfect match. And he was right! He is close to being the perfect horse, in my opinion, because besides his impressive paces he has a wonderful mind with an excellent rideability, and a beautiful appearance as well. He has the perfect combination of power and sense - two success criteria to go far in the sport, states Anna Kasprzak, who is grateful for Eva's competent training of Danciero.
Anna Kasprzak has been at the top of Danish and international dressage for many years and has had great success at all levels with horses like Donnperignon, Hønnerup’s Driver and Rock Star.
- Danciero is an amazing stallion with impressive qualities, and he suits Anna so well. She can give him every possible opportunity to go far in the sport, and we are really looking forward to following and not least helping them on their way, says Andreas Helgstrand, who has been Anna Kasprzak's trainer for many years.
Danciero is very popular in terms of breeding, and fortunately it is also Future Dressage's wish that he continues to be available to breeders.
- My focus will of course be his further education, but we want him to continue being available in breeding and pass on his fantastic qualities, adds Anna, who hopes to qualify him for the Young Horse World Championships in September as their first goal to achieve.
In terms of breeding, Danciero will be available on frozen semen after May 15th. Future Dressage also adds that a few months each year he will be available with fresh semen as well.
Vogue wins 2-day stallion performance test
Video: Enjoy Vogue in the second part of the test with the test rider.
Today, was the final day of the 2-day stallion performance test in Münster-Handorf, and our 3-year-old Vogue (by Vitalis/Fidertanz, breeder: ZG Werth) supremely took the lead scoring 9.33. Receiving the following individual marks: 9.8 for rideability, 9.5 for trot, canter, and willingness to work as well as 8.2 for walk. Geronimo G (placed 3rd with 9.01, by Glamourdale/Escolar, breeder: Gestüt Grasekamp), Elastic (Escolar/Dimaggio, breeder: Daniela Werheit-Wagemeyer) and Joshua (Jovian/Belissimo M, breeder: Volker Schmale-Steinkamp) also performed amazingly under saddle and received great marks.
For the Danish breeders: The 2-day test in Germany has been recognized by Danish Warmblood and the 3-year-old DWB approved stallions have now received one year of breeding approval.
We decided on the German 2-day stallion performance test instead of the Danish Warmblood 10-day test as some of the stallions are stationed in Germany and already very busy.
Stallions, who today completed the 2-day test in Münster-Handorf:
- Joshua by Jovian / Belissimo M / D'accord
- Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz / Sandro Hit
- Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II
- Geronimo G by Glamourdale / Escolar / Fürst Heinrich
Stallions, who completed the 2-day test in Vechta on 6-7 April 2022:
- Don Sarkozy by Don Allegro / Sarkozy / De Niro
- Liam by Livaldon / Warkant / Sherlock Holmes
- Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo
- Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever / Florestan I
- Opoque by All At Once / Davino / Fürst Heinrich
- Sparkling by Springbank / Fürst Romancier / Desperados
- Incredible by Indian Rock / For Romance I / K2
Moreover, Åtoftens Jovani by Jovian/Benneton Dream and Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH/Zalando passed their 10-day test in Danish Warmblood.
And on 9-11 May, the following three stallions will take part in the stallion performance test in Warendorf:
- Veto by Vitalis / Sir Donnerhall I / De Niro
- Value by Valverde / Floriscount / Lauries Crusador xx
- Quelle Couleur by Qaside MD / Captain Fire / Power
Helgstrand signs agreement with the internationally esteemed brand Freejump System
The right equipment is an essential factor in performing at the highest level - and Helgstrand is now welcoming another exclusive equipment brand, Freejump System, the founders of the innovative and well-known Freejump stirrups. It is a mutual collaboration, where Helgstrand will help develop a dressage line, and at the same time, the riders will have the pleasure of riding in the exclusive products from Freejump.
Freejump is already an established brand that is highly respected by showjumping and military equestrians around the world being widely recognized for its innovative and high-tech products. Now the time has come to expand the market into dressage, and Freejump sees great benefits in collaborating with Helgstrand.
- Our products are used by show jumpers all over the world, and with the new partnership, we can now anticipate the demand for products tailored to the dressage enthusiast. There is no doubt that Helgstrand is the perfect partner for us, because not only can they bring invaluable knowledge, but they can also help us reach even further and position ourselves among the leading equestrian brands, states Yann Dubourg, CEO of Freejump System.
- We are proud to welcome Freejump as a new partner. Our colleagues at Beerbaum and Riesenbeck International are already enthusiastic about their products. And having tested them ourselves, I’m sure we are able to develop an innovative dressage line by adding our ideas. Products that give the dressage rider the optimal support, safety, and comfort, whether riding at amateur or professional level, says Andreas Helgstrand.
In addition to the stirrups, Freejump System supplies safety vests to Helgstrand, which our riders will use when breaking in our many young horses. All riders at Helgstrand’s locations in Denmark, Germany and the USA will take advantage of the new stirrups during spring. You can see the innovative products from Freejump at Helgstrand's open house at Helgstrand Germany in Syke on April 30th, at Riesenbeck International and at the competitions organized by Helgstrand Event as well as online at Freejump's website; www.freejumpsystem.com.
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences joins Master Rider Education as education partner
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences will be joining the Master Rider Education as an educational partner and provide students with high-quality theory relevant to jumping and dressage riders. Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences (VHL) is an international university based in the Netherlands. One of their bachelor programs, Equine, Sports, and Business, is dedicated to the education of young professionals for a professional career in the horse industry.
- In our unique Bachelor program ‘Equine, Sports, and Business’, we welcome students from a wide variety of countries already for over 25 years. They have excellent career perspectives and find jobs all over the world. That we now can use this experience for the Master Rider Education, is an acknowledgment for our university of applied science and our equine lecturing team, states Ruth van der Beek, Education Director VHL in Velp.
- We have had students from van Hall Larenstein here in the stables and office of Helgstrand Dressage and their motivation and knowledge have always been highly appreciated, states Andreas Helgstrand, Founder of Helgstrand Dressage and Global Equestrian Group CEO.
VHL will be developing and executing a substantial part of the theory in the Master Rider Education. Certified and experienced lecturers from the bachelor program Equine, Sports and Business will be giving live online lectures in both the business and horse & performance subjects.
The content of the theory will be made highly relevant to dressage and jumping riders. With a focus on sports performance through horse subjects like training theory, health, nutrition, and breeding. All the business subjects will have a focus on horses and riders as well. The theory will include exciting projects and assignments to directly apply what is learned, to practice.
- The knowledge that currently is available, offers many opportunities for the equine industry. Our team, which developed over the years, now comprises a broad field of expertise in both business and equine topics. Being horse people ourselves, we look forward to contributing to this great initiative and helping to seize the opportunities that are out there, says Hans van Tartwijk, coordinator of the Equine, Sports and Business program.
Ludger Beerbaum is excited about the partnership as well.
- It is important that we make scientific knowledge understandable for riders and bring it to practice. The fact that the lecturers from van Hall Larenstein University have a background in horses is a great advantage.
About Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
VHL is the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Through international Bachelor, Masters, certificate programmes, and short courses the university trains high-quality, ambitious and innovative professionals who contribute to a more sustainable world. VHL is also the only Dutch university of applied sciences to be a member of the Holland Horse Foundation and the International Network Equine Science.
Equine Sports and Business
The full-time Equine, Sports, and Business study programme is part of the bachelor programme Animal Husbandry and offers students a unique focus combination of equine science and horse business. The program allows students to work closely to the work field. In recent years, their students have worked with over 400 different companies in 35 countries thanks to their internships and graduation projects. Graduates find their careers in event management, marketing, horse feed companies, insurances, equestrian retail, media ventures, and industry associations.
More info here
Incredible and Vogue temporarily not available for breeding
Pictured: Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Incredible.
As one of the world's leading stallion stations with customers all over the world, it is important that we always can guarantee high quality. That is why we are currently working together with Tierersätzliche Hochschule in Hanover, Germany to examine the semen of our 3-year-old stallions Incredible and Vogue more closely, as their semen does not meet the required quality. Until we know the answer to the tests, we have therefore decided to take them out of our breeding program.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you who were planning to use them in the next few days. We expect to have an answer shortly and as soon as the results of the tests are available, we will inform you. We hope for your understanding.
Jovian wins Grand Prix debut
Last year he became World Champion of the 7-year-olds in Verden, Germany, today he took the first steps to the big sport. Jovian by Apache/Tango and Andreas Helgstrand has been training to make his Grand Prix debut at this weekend's national show in Aarhus, and what a debut.
- When I rode the first centre line I got goosebumps as I felt he was 110% with me. It's a very special feeling to make your Grand Prix debut on a horse you've developed yourself. I don't think anyone else has achieved that result in their Grand Prix debut, so of course, it's very special. And there's a lot more to him - he lacks strength and experience, but he's only 8 years old. Today he showed that he is a worthy candidate for the top sport, said Andreas after the test.
Jovian and Andreas scored 83.7% for the win with several 10s. He was followed by another horse making his debut today, the only 8-year-old Queenpark's Wendyby the triple World Champion Sezuan and out of a Soprano. With Andreasm she scored 77%
View the results of the class here
Succesful new duo
It has been a successful weekend for Alexander and his new partner, Belantis as well delivering two exceptional performances. Both in Friday's Prix St. George and Saturday's Intermediare I they did incredibly well with two harmonious rides. There was not much to put a finger on, even though the two have only known each other for a very short time. They were awarded 75,83% in PSG and 75% in Intermediare winning both classes.
My Vitality sold to Cathrine Rasmussen
Pictured: My Vitality and Eric Martinez from winning the Danish Championships last year.
Breeder, stallion owner, and Grand Prix rider Cathrine Rasmussen is a well-known name in the equestrian sport with her ownership of some of the best dressage horses. Cathrine has for a long time been a co-owner of our breeding stallion My Vitality, full brother to Vitalis, but has now bought full ownership of this talented young stallion who has made quite impressive headlines recently.
The chestnut has developed impressively and made a particularly good impression at shows under Helgstrand's Spanish rider, Eric Martinez. The pair qualified with top marks for the Danish Equestrian Federation's Young Horse Championships and took the win with all marks above 9. But he has also made a name for himself in terms of breeding, most recently winning the 35-day test with an overall score of 902.5, after being appointed a premium stallion in Danish Warmblood. His first crop of foals does not disappoint, and he passes on his harmonious paces, excellent type, and fantastic temper to his offspring.
- It was love at first sight the first time I saw My Vitality. And the excitement has only grown over the few years I've co-owned him. Last year I got an offspring by him and I’m so happy with it that I am expecting 3 more this year! I really appreciate my collaboration with Helgstrand and enjoy being part of the journey and following our horses and their success. When you are also a rider, the ultimate dream is to have the opportunity to work with a horse of such quality yourself. So, I’m very grateful that Helgstrand gave me the opportunity to acquire full ownership of My Vitality. I'm really looking forward to bringing him home and getting started on his further training. And I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Eric for the fantastic training of him, says Cathrine Rasmussen.
- We have had a very good cooperation with Cathrine for many years now. She has a flair for selecting good horses and is very passionate about everything she does. A combination that has now ended in full ownership of My Vitality. We are delighted that he will continue his training, as he is clearly a candidate for the top sport, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Expanded number of events for Helgstrand Event and Equitour
After revealing new identities and ambitions for Global Equestrian Group brands like Beerbaum Stables and Riesenbeck International earlier this year, it is now time to reveal new plans for Helgstrand Event and Equitour.
Helgstrand Event and Equitour will be extending the use of the showground, increasing focus on hosting national and international competitions in jumping and dressage, but also focusing on events outside the equestrian sport. The new plans for the showground will be visual during the 2022 season, whilst the new website can already be visited for more information.
Helgstrand Event will be the brand of all events at Helgstrand, and Equitour will remain as the equestrian mark for the national and international equestrian shows at the venue.
Andreas Helgstrand, CEO of Helgstrand Dressage is excited about having more shows at the showground. “We want to support equestrian sport in Denmark by focussing on more competitions welcoming both amateur- and professional riders. “With more youth classes in jumping and dressage, Helgstrand Event and Equitour will also support the youth with opportunities to compete.
In the summer of 2017, the first edition of ‘Equitour’, also known as the CSI/CDI Uggerhalne took place at the showground right across the road from Helgstrand Dressage. The show has been a great success ever since, attracting world-class riders from both the jumping and dressage sport and making the showground well-known internationally.
Equitour has been the perfect fitting for the Danish Dressage Championships for the past three years and has secured hosting for another three years. Also, the Longines EEF Series have a fixed come back every year where the world’s best show jumping riders travel to the Northern part of Denmark to compete.
In 2022 the event organization plans more exciting events. In May the Longines EEF Series™ Aalborg 2022 Presented by Radisson will take place including CSIO3* Nations Cup, CSIO2*, and European Youth League brining the top tier of the jumping sport to the showground.
In June the National Danish Dressage Championships for seniors, U25 and para grades will take place. Together with international Young Rider, Junior, and pony classes and the Bundgaard Byg/Trolle Cup 2nd Qualifier including the selection for the World Championships for young dressage horses. It promises to be an exciting show for dressage fanatics. Additionally, several national dressage and jumping shows have been added to the calendar.
The shows are a great opportunity to see some world-class riding. Tickets are already available, get yours here
Increased business opportunities
Helgstrand Event and Equitour offers multiple opportunities for hospitality, VIP experiences and exhibitions for selected events across the year. “We are so excited to launch our new platform for an extended use of the facilities around Helgstrand Dressage. The intentions of utilizing the space and inviting professional and amateur riders to Helgstrand has been received very well, and we can already now welcome a broad range of partners and sponsors to the events across the year” states Head of Event and Partnership Martin Thorbøll Pedersen.
About Helgstrand Event and Equitour
Helgstrand Event is the brand of an exceptional showground in the North of Denmark hosting unique and engaging equestrian events during the outdoor season. Both national and international, jumping and dressage shows are organized under the name of Equitour.
But not only the world’s best dressage and jumping riders travel to Northern Denmark to compete at the fantastic facilities. Ambitious amateurs and upcoming young riders are also welcomed to enjoy competing at the same quality environment.
In case of any questions, please direct them to:
Martin Thorbøll Pedersen
Head of Events and Partnerships
M: +45 22 89 31 45
KASK new exclusive partner to Helgstrand Dressage
Helgstrand has recently entered several new partnerships with brands in the equestrian sport, which not only creates great benefits for Helgstrand's employees and the development of the company but also helps the partners to achieve greater visibility in the sport. Most recently, Helgstrand can now welcome KASK, which specializes in exclusive and innovative riding helmets.
- KASK has designed some phenomenal products, where innovation, quality and safety go hand in hand. Of course, safety must be paramount when riding horses – there is no doubt about that. But what KASK early saw, was that the demand for unique products rises. A trend that they meet with at large selection of products, which can be tailor-made to the individual in terms of comfort and design, says Andreas Helgstrand, CEO and founder of Helgstrand Dressage, who welcomes the new partnership.
KASK is a leading Italian helmet manufacturer which since 2004, the year KASK was founded, has as mission to balance technological innovation, functionality, safety, comfort and their exclusive ‘Made in Italy’ design, always looking for ways to go beyond and improve the quality of KASK helmets even further. But like Helgstrand’s other partners, KASK sees great synergies in branding itself with the world´s leading dressage sales stable.
- This new collaboration with one of the most important dressage stables in the world represents a source of great pride and satisfaction for our company and we expect it will continue in the years to come. As a new partner of Helgstrand Dressage we look forward to accompanying their athletes during competitions both at national and international level, guaranteeing maximum safety and comfort - said Diego Zambon, General Director of KASK.
- We welcome the new collaboration, and personally I am looking forward to seeing when everyone is wearing a KASK helmet. Because it is just more accomplished when we all wear the same equipment across our divisions – and not least when we go to competitions and welcome customers. And having said that, I am sure we can make a positive contribution to KASK's continued development into a reputable international brand in the equestrian sport, Andreas adds.
- KASK has big visions, and it fits in perfectly with Helgstrand. They have a range of fantastic products that we can help brand across our platforms. The process with KASK has been very professional, and I am pleased with the result and the further development, says Martin Thorbøll Pedersen, Head of Event & Partnership at Helgstrand Dressage.
From May, you will be able to see Helgstrand's riders wearing the new riding helmets.