Fantastic World Cup debut for Jovian
Pictured: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time World Champion Jovian by Apache/Tango.
This past weekend, the World Cup Series kicked off at Vilhelmsborg, Denmark. Andreas brought both the Danish Warmblood Gold Medal Mare and WCYH bronze medalist Queenpark's Wendy by the triple World Champion Sezuan out of Soprano as well as the two-time World Champion Jovian by Apache/Tango. Both horses have entered the big arena this year with great success.
Andreas showed Wendy in the 3-star Grand Prix and made his debut on Jovian in the first leg of the World Cup Series - and what a debut! A total of 16 combinations competed in the FEI Dressage World Cup, among others, the gold-winning team from this year's World Equestrian Games held in Herning, Denmark. Andreas hadn't shown Jovian since earning two straight victories at the prestigious CHIO Aachen, Germany this summer but confirmed, that Jovian has developed amazingly since. And despite Jovian only turning 8 this year, he showed once again, that he belongs to the top of international dressage. With his supreme movements, perfect conformation and magnificient rideability, he finished 3rd in the Grand Prix achieving a solid 74.579% and 4th in the freestyle with a massive 80% in the freestyle. And only small errors occurred in the very technical program, which Andreas has put together.
Jovian is bred by E.T. Ten Bosch.
In the 3-star Grand Prix, Andreas took the lead onboard Queenpark's Wendy scoring a solid 71.804% to finish first and placed second in the Special with a massive 73.085%. One of the judges even gave them a 77.447%.
Queenpark's Wendy is bred by Kurt Gosmer and owned by Chateau de Fontaine.
Pictured: Queenpark's Wendy and Andreas Helgstrand at the World Cup Vilhelmsborg. Picture: Zibrasport Equest.
ActivoMed new partner for Global Equestrian Group
Pictured: As a professional rider, Alexander Helgstrand values the produtcs from ActivoMed highly.
The vision of Global Equestrian Group is not only entering partnerships that support the Group's vision of becoming the leading equestrian company but also offering strategic benefits to its exclusive circle of partners. And now GEG can welcome another esteemed brand, ActivoMed, which designs and manufactures training and therapy support products that Helgstrand Dressage and Beerbaum Stables have been using successfully for many years.
The innovative products are highly acknowledged worldwide - and at Helgstrand they are a natural part of everyday life to keep the horses healthy and fit.
- As with many of our partners, this partnership came as a natural extension of an existing collaboration. We have used ActivoMed's products for years, and we know they make a difference to our horses with their focus on horse welfare and well-being. The blanket has a variety of programs and the possibility to change each one individually, the therapy can be optimized for each horse. This is the outcome when having products designed by horse people, says Andreas Helgstrand, CEO of Global Equestrian Group – and adds:
I am confident that we can benefit even more from this collaboration, with easy access to their products in all our stables. At the same time, we can support ActivoMed's growth strategy by offering them increased visibility in Europe and the US.
ActivoMed has been the brand of choice for riders for more than 20 years. Their portfolio includes a wide range of magnetic therapy products that support every need and ensure a healthy and thriving horse.
- It is our clear goal to form strategic partnerships where there is mutual value. Slowly we are building a structure in GEG where we can ensure progress in the equestrian world. That is why we are pleased to welcome ActivoMed. We are happy to share our exciting journey supporting each other's high ambitions, says Ludger Beerbaum, CEO of Beerbaum Stables and adds: not only will ActivoMed gain more digital visibility, they will also be physically present at the upcoming events in Wellington and at the European Dressage Championships here at Riesenbeck next year.
At ActivoMed, they are looking forward to getting started and are excited about the many opportunities the partnership will allow.
- We are delighted to enter a partnership with Global Equestrian Group and look very forward to supporting the GEG equestrian team with innovative pulsed magnetic therapy. GEG has a unique market position enabling us to get closer to our customers, which will help us understand their needs and requests even better, says Jörn Gaudeck, CEO of ActivoMed.
- GEG allows us to elevate our brand within the equestrian industry, with increased activity in Europe and US focusing on Wellington. The partnership offers multiple marketing opportunities for us, focusing on the horses and their health and well-being, says Carl Hubertus Krupke Head of Sales at ActivoMed.
Read more about the products offered by ActivoMed on their website www.activo-med.com
If you have any questions about the new partnership with ActivoMed, or would like to learn more about the benefits of a partnership with Global Equestrian Group, please contact:
More about Global Equestrian Group can be found at www.globalequestriangroup.com
Sir Floresco runner-up in the 5yo final
Pictured: Sir Floresco and Moisés Azuar runner-up in the 5-year-old Danish Championship Final.
He came almost out of the blue, capturing second place in the 5-year-old Danish Young Horse Championship Final, Sir Floresco by Sir Heinrich out of Floresco, bred by Jam Wilms.
Yesterday, they won the small final earning a ticket for the final, and today they finished second. Sir Floresco was presented by Moisés Jover Azuar.
Eric Guardia Martinez and the 2022 WCYH finalist Feine Bella NRW (Fürstenball/Bordeaux, bred by ZG Artmeier, Becker, Delling, Wibbecke) kept their third place.
Betina Jæger Jensen finished 7th on our breeding stallion So Perfect by the triple World Champion for Young Horses Sezuan out of Sir Donnerhall I, bred by Frank Nordhausen.
And with this result, the 2022 Danish Young Horse Championship has come to an end. Massive congratulations to riders, breeders and co-owners.
Pictured: Feine Bella NRW and Eric Guardia Martinez placed third in the 5-year-old Danish Championship Final.
Valerie B winner of the 4yo Danish Young Horse Championship, Be Sure runner-up
Pictured: Danish Warmblood Gold Medal Mare Valerie B and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen winner of the 4yo Danish Championship.
It's Sunday and time to crown this year's Danish Young Horse Champions! In keeping with tradition, we have seen the finalists enter the arena two by two in the 4-year-old final today and it has truly been amazing to watch such high-quality young horses on Danish soil.
In the preliminary round, our Danish Warmblood Champion Stallion Be Sure won supremely, but today in the final, the exceptional Revolution daughter, the Danish Warmblood Gold Medal Mare Valerie B was crowned as the champion earning a whopping 91.6! No wonder such quality considering her impressive pedigree. A very well-deserved win.
Valerie B was presented by Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and is bred by Karin and Peer Guldbrandsen.
The stunningly beautiful breeding stallion Be Sure (Benicio/Scuderia) and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen showed another flawless performance, earning a massive 90.8 for runner-up! Be Sure is bred by Ludwig Fuchs.
Coming 3rd we have a lovely offspring by former Helgstrand stallion Quaterhit, Quinn G and in 4th place, another talented Revolution offspring, Rosée De Fontaine, presented by Marie Anita Andersen, bred by Chateau de Fontaine.
Helgstrand earned 6 out of 10 placings in the 4-year-old Danish Young Horse Championship Final - see the results of the class here
Pictured: DWB Champion Stallion Be Sure and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen runner-up in the 4yo Danish Championship.
Iron: a world-class horse acquired by Sarah Pidgley
Pictured: Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour has taken over the reins of Iron by Ibiza/Hohenstein. Picture by Photographybyhall.
As a youngster, the gorgeous Iron by Ibiza/Hohenstein made a positive impression earning the Champion Stallion title in Danish Warmblood. Since then, he has proven himself in the dressage world with impressive results and is now ready to take the next step in his career together with Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour.
The Pidgley family already have several horses from Helgstrand in their stables; Sultan des Paluds by Soliman/De Niro, Espe by Escolar/Dimaggio and not least Vamos Amigos by Vivaldi/Hotline, who was part of the Danish gold-winning team at the 2022 World Equestrian Games in Herning under Helgstrand team rider, Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour. Annabella, daughter of Sarah Pidgley has started her new partnership with Vamos Amigos while long-term trainer, Cathrine now looks ahead to the further training of Iron, who moves to her stables.
- Together with Annabella, I tried Iron, and from the first ride, we were both in love with him. This amazing stallion holds endless power, balance and rideability and I feel extremely lucky that I will be responsible for the further training of Iron and hope that together we will go on a long journey and one day enter the big arena. He is one of the best young horses I have ridden, states Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour.
This summer, the 5-year-old Iron won the Danish Young Horse Championship qualifier scoring a massive 94.6 and thus top marks across the board, which is a testament to his impressive movements, amazing rideability and promising future. Later this year, he showed his huge potential at the prestigious World Young Horse Championship selection, but he, unfortunately, did not go despite his superior qualities.
- It was of course a great disappointment that Iron was not selected for the WCYH. But the fact that one of the world's best riders, together with her student, chose this young horse says it all. Iron has exceptional potential, just waiting to be released. The Pidgleys, through their long-term partnership, are grateful to have Cathrine to build on the great foundation that Mette Sejbjerg has created. He is a unique horse who just needs time to develop and become even stronger. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cathrine and Annabella can achieve together because this horse has no weaknesses, that's for sure, states Andreas Helgstrand.
Iron will be available with frozen semen from Helgstrand Dressage.
Top results for the Helgstrand team in the 5yp preliminary round
Pictured: Feine Bella NRW and Eric Martinez runner-up in the 5-year-old preliminary round at the 2022 Danish Young Horse Championship Finals.
The gorgeous mare Feine Bella NRW by Fürstenball/Bordeaux (bred by ZG Artmeier/Becker/ Delling/Wibbecke) and Eric Guardia Martinez went straight to the top of the leaderboard to finish second in the strong field of competitors earning a massive 88.8 in the 5-year-old preliminary round at this year's Danish Young Horse Championship Finals.
The third best was the amazing Franklin daughter Francisca-D (damsire Romanov, bred by Jørn Damm and owned by Louise Grønhøj) with a solid 87.0. She was beautifully presented by Helgstrand's rider, Lovisa Wessblad.
And the magnificent breeding stallion So Perfect sired by the three-time World Champion Sezuan out of the legendary Sir Donnerhall I (bred by Frank Nordhausen) finished 4th with Betina Jæger Jensen scoring a massive 86.8.
Moreover, the beautiful Vestermarken’s Shakira by Sezuan/Tailormade Temptation with a total score of 85.4 qualified directly for the final on Sunday as well. Shakira is bred by Kirsten Buus and presented today by Michael Grønne Christensen.
We cross our fingers for some extra tickets in the 5-year-old small final tomorrow!
Pictured: Betina Jæger Jensen and So Perfect finished 4th in the 5-year-old preliminary test.
Be Sure supreme winner of the 4yo preliminary test and all 10 combinations directly qualified for the final
Pictured: Mette Sejbjerg Jensen and Be Sure winner of the 4-year-old preliminary test at the 2022 Danish Young Horse Championship Finals.
It has been an exciting first day at the 2022 Danish Young Horse Championship finals. 10 combinations from Helgstrand entered the arena in the 4-year-old preliminary round and all 10 are directly qualified for the final on Sunday!
All horses performed so well and enjoyed the nice atmosphere at Blue Hors. One horse stood out from the crowd - our 2022 Danish Warmblood Champion Stallion Be Sure by Benicio/Scuderia (bred by Ludwig Fuchs) - and became the favourite with his extraordinary gaits and wonderful rideability. Earned a total of 95.0 with 9.7 for trot, 8.5 for walk, 9.8 for canter, 10 for rideability and 9.5 for perspective. Presented by Mette Sejbjerg Jensen.
Runner-up was the outstanding mare Rosée de Fontaine by the World Champion Revolution and out of Desperados (bred by Chateau de Fontaine) scoring a total of 92.2 with 9.2 for trot, 8.7 for walk, 9.4 for canter, 9.5 for rideability and 9.3 for perspective. Beautifully presented by Maria Anita Andersen.
Massive congratulations to riders, co-owners and breeders.
You find all individual scores on Equipe here
Pictured: Maria Anita Andersen and Rosée de Fontaine runner-up in the 4-year-old preliminary test at the 2022 Danish Young Horse Championship Finals.
Röwer & Rüb enters strategic partnership with Global Equestrian Group
Since 2018, Global Equestrian Group (GEG) has entered strategic partnerships with exclusive equestrian brands to ensure progress in the horse world and to exploit the synergies created between the companies. Acknowledged brands such as Kingsland Equestrian, KASK and Aviar Saddles already benefit from the new collaboration, and now GEG can welcome another partner, the esteemed brand Röwer & Rüb, which designs and manufactures the best-quality products for equestrian facilities across the world.
- Röwer & Rüb has always been our preferred supplier of stable equipment due to their premium quality, ensuring the best conditions for our horses. Safety and healthcare of horses are always a top priority for them, which we also value highly. The partnership is a natural extension of our good cooperation over many years, and we look forward to officially welcoming them as a partner, says CEO of Global Equestrian Group, Andreas Helgstrand, and adds: with GEG, we can offer Röwer & Rüb new opportunities within the equestrian world, and they can benefit from our presence in Europe and the US.
- Röwer & Rüb is the epitome of quality, which is why you already see their products in many stables, because they are the equestrian community's preferred supplier. Both riders, grooms and our stable workers are highly satisfied, both in terms of quality, safety, and longevity. Moreover, the service is always first class, which means a lot with the renovation and expansion of our facilities, says Ludger Beerbaum, CEO of Beerbaum Stables, having the expansion of Riesenbeck International in mind, where Röwer & Rüb supplied permanent boxes for the European Championships in 2021, which will of course be used for the many events planned, including the European Dressage and Para-Dressage Championships in 2023.
Partnership opens for even more success
It all started in a small blacksmith shop in Germany more than 150 years ago. The passion for horses and the constant pursuit of perfection have placed Röwer & Rüb at the top of their class. They already supply to large parts of the world due to their long-standing expertise, but see great benefits in the new partnership, which should contribute positively to the company's future development.
- We are delighted with the new partnership. We have supplied stable equipment to a large part of GEG's facilities and through the partnership, we have significantly developed our products and services. However, we are pleased that the cooperation will now become even closer, which will consequently help to understand our customers' needs even better, says Jörn Gaudeck, CEO of Röwer & Rüb.
Röwer & Rüb sees great potential, especially in the horse mecca of Wellington, Florida, where the new partnership can make a positive contribution to future growth.
- GEG is already massively present in Wellington with both Helgstrand Dressage USA and Wellington International. GEG is planning an increased focus on events in the near future, and therefore I see a unique opportunity for us to help each other to even greater success, says partner of Röwer & Rüb, Dr. Andreas Jacobs.
Read more about the products offered by Röwer & Rüb on their website www.roewer-rueb.de
If you have any questions about the new partnership with Röwer & Rüb, or would like to learn more about the benefits of a partnership with Global Equestrian Group, please contact:
More about Global Equestrian Group can be found at www.globalequestriangroup.com
NDS Equine Nutrition new partner Helgstrand Dressage
NDS Equine is a Danish family-run health food company. NDS, meaning Nutrient-Delivery-System was founded in 1987 and formed to manufacture and supply products with the best natural supplements available. Besides supplements for humans, NDS also produces supplements for horses, dogs and cats.
NDS has grown massively over the recent years, and their products know many success stories in both humans and horses. NDS Equine Nutrition is a leader in the field of effective and documented collagen products, which all have been approved at a laboratory recognised by the FEI. The products have no fillers, no allergens, no chemical ingredients, no synthetic ingredients, no sugars, no colourings and no flavourings.
Managers, grooms and riders at Helgstrand Dressage have had the opportunity to try NDS products over the past months. At Helgstrand Dressage elite dressage horses are trained at the highest levels by some of the world’s best riders. It is of utmost importance that both horse and rider stay healthy and fit to participate in high-level sport. Getting support for the joints and ligaments of the horses is so important to maintain them as happy and healthy athletes.
- Horses do not tell us exactly what is happening inside their body. As we want to perform with them it is our responsibility of maintaining the horses happy and healthy, preventing injuries as much as we can. Good management of rider and groom is important as well as providing our horses with the right nutrition and supplements. NDS Equine products have already shown great results for our horses, and we are happy with them as a new partner, says Thomas Sigtenbjerggaard, General Manager at Helgstrand Dressage in Denmark.
For more information about NDS Equine please visit here, or download their Equine Collagen Supplements brochure here. For questions please contact, please contact NDS directly.
Dynamic Dream offspring price highlight at the last foal auction
Pictured: Dance For Me by Dynamic Dream/De Niro - price highlight at the last Helgstrand-Schockemöhle foal auction and sold for 21,000 euros.
The last Helgstrand-Schockemöhle online foal auction of the year was concluded with 20 hand-picked foals deriving from strong performance lines and exclusively sired by stallions from the two stations. The collection had once again attracted potential buyers from all over the world, which made it even more exciting to follow the auction.
The 20 foals, of both dressage and show jumping pedigrees, were selected at foal inspections in Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
The price highlight of the evening was the gorgeous colt by Dynamic Dream/De Niro, who was a fantastic representative of the sire's own movement potential. Three sublime gaits and great masculine expression. Out of one of the most renowned Holstein dame lines with several licensed stallions and successful sport horses. Dance For Me was sold to Sweden for 21,000 euros. The colt is bred by Sigrid Schmidt from Germany.
The second most expensive foal of the auction was another dressage foal, Tiny Diamond out of the first foal crop of Total Diamond PS, which unites the stallions Totilas and Sir Donnerhall I (damsire Fürst Romancier). An exciting filly with qualities that show a promising future. Bred by Beate Wedermann from Germany. Tiny Diamond achieved a sale price of 16,500 euros and will stay in Germany.
Find an overview of the auctioned foals here
Pictured: Tiny Diamond by Total Diamond PS/Fürst Romancier, which was sold for 16,500 euros.