Dynamic Dream offspring 90,000 euro price highlight
Pictured: Dynamic Heart by Dynamic Dream/Zack - sold for 90,000 euros.
On Saturday evening during the Danish National Dressage Championships, 17 hand-picked foals were up for auction at Helgstrand-Schockemöhle's live foal auction. The foals derived from performance pedigrees only sired by stallions from the two stations. A total of 16 Danish bred foals and one from Germany went under the hammer. The average prices were good, with several foals also changing owners abroad. The first foal, Dynamic Heart by Dynamic Dream/Zack - out of a very exciting and successful dam line – became the price highlight of the auction, sold for impressive 90,000 euros, bred by Lena and Rasmus Dalsgaard from Vinderup, Denmark. While the second most expensive was Brix So Special by So Perfect/Fürstenball, bred by Stutteri Brix, Nibe and sold for 65,000 euro. The half-brother of Brix So Special, Brix Falcon was himself sold for impressive 80,000 euros at his auction. The third most expensive was HP Vivienne, the beautiful filly by Vitalis/Bonds, daughter of Be My Beauty Queen, Champion Foal in Lienen, Germany and acquired for 160,000 euro at auction. She was sold for 34,000 euros.
A total of 14 out of 17 foals were sold at tonight’s auction with an average price of 30,000 euros.
More info about the foals here
Pictured: Brix So Special by So Perfect/Fürstenball - sold for 65,000 euros.
Pictured: HP Vivienne by Vitalis/Bonds - sold for 34,000 euros.
Marshall-Bell sold to Austrian U25 rider Nicola Ahorner
Pictured: Marshall-Bell and Daniel Bachmann Andersen from competing at the 2022 Horses & Dreams, Germany.
The 10-year-old Marshall-Bell (Don Romantic/Michellino) has been trained by Danish Grand Prix rider Daniel Bachmann Andersen for a long time, and together they have earned great international success, most recently with placings at the prestigious Horses & Dreams in Germany, including a 3rd place in the freestyle with over 80%. The owners of CVL Horses, Vivi Vang-Lauridsen and Christian Vang-Lauridsen from Denmark, who own Marshall-Bell, offered Helgstrand co-ownership of the horse, who will now join the stable of the talented U25 rider, Austrian Nicola Ahorner.
- Daniel is a competent rider who has trained many horses for the Grand Prix. Both Christian and Daniel have done a phenomenal job and we are sure that Marshall-Bell with his experience can help Nicola further in her career and not least give her a good start at international level. It is our mission to help new talents on their way with good horses, and it is just fantastic when it all comes together, states Andreas Helgstrand.
Nicola Ahorner is a successful U25 rider who had a magnificent career at pony level. And it’s not her first time visiting Helgstrand as she bought several horses here, including Foco Loco W, on which Helgstrand's rider, Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen won the European Championship and Danish Championship for U25, Ludwig der Sonnenkönig, who former Helgstrand rider, Victoria Vallentin, achieved great success with, and not least Belstaff, who Helgstrand's rider, Betina Jæger competed at the World Championships in Tryon.
A horse with a great personality and enormous potential
Vivi and Christian Vang-Lauridsen, the owners of CVL Horses at Græsted, Denmark bought Marshall-Bell when he was quite young. They trained the horse themselves before entering a partnership with Daniel with the purpose of selling. Together Daniel and Marshall-Bell have competed at the Danish and European Championships and were also a promising combination for the upcoming World Championships in Herning, Denmark, in addition to several national and international wins.
- He is just one of a kind! You might say about all your horses, but there are just some horses that make a special impression on you. And Marshall-Bell just has so much personality. He's a horse that will go far for his rider - and that's taken us a long way. I'm very grateful to Vivi and Christian for letting me share so many amazing moments and experiences with him. I think he is the perfect match for Nicola because he is so strong in the exercises and at the same time has so much potential to help her on her way in the sport, states Daniel Bachmann Andersen.
- It has been a fantastic collaboration with Daniel, who has managed to present Marshall-Bell in the best possible way and secured him experience at international level. And with the help of Helgstrand and their network, we have found a good match with Nicola. We are looking forward to following them on their path to success, states Christian Vang-Lauridsen.
Foal auctions 2022
Picture: Faretti II by Franklin/Don Frederico, breeder: HH Horses - sold for 102,000 euro at the 2018 Nordic International Sales during Equitour. Faretti II is the full sister of Faretti DWB, which was sold for 150.000 euros the year before.
Last year Helgstrand-Schockemöhle's online foal auctions were a huge success with great average prices and customers from all over. Now you can look forward to the first online auction this year, which will be on July 19th. The foal inspections took place already for this auction, but we invite you to sign up for the next.
So if you have a really nice foal sired by one of our stallions, please register now. This is a unique opportunity to address potential buyers from all over.
The inspections for the second online foal auction take place:
Mühlen: please ask for info
Monday, August 15th: Denmark
Helgstrand Academy, Uggerhalne, Denmark
Tuesday, August 16th: Denmark
Slangerupgaard, Ringsted, Denmark
Lone Bøgh/HP Horses, Hillerød, Denmark
Wednesday, August 17th: Weert, The Netherlands
When registering, please provide the following information:
Pedigree: dam, sire, damsire, and great-grandsire
Date of birth
Breeder's name and contact info
Jovian wins international Grand Prix debut
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix Special debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Recently, Andreas debuted both the two-time world champion, Jovian by Apache/Tango, and the gold medal mare, Queenpark's Wendy (Sezuan/Soprano) in the Grand Prix at the national show at Vilhelmsborg with two victories. This weekend, he took home another two wins at the international show at Aalborg Dressage Event. Both horses delivered top performances, but Jovian is just in a class of his own. It was hard to put a finger on anything because every exercise was performed to the utmost precision with enormous power and suppleness. With a very convincing Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special, he managed to put himself at the top of the leaderboard and won supremely with 77,13% in the Grand Prix and 77,915% in the Grand Prix Special.
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Danciero sold to Future Dressage
Pictured: Eva Möller and Danciero from winning a silver medal at the 2021 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses.
Recently we announced that the 6-year-old Danciero by Dancier/Floriscount will focus more on the sport. And now we can add that the internationally successful dressage rider and daily manager of Future Dressage, Anna Kasprzak, will take over the reins from Eva Möller, who has been very successful with this young stallion.
Danciero has developed quite exceptionally under our German rider, Eva Möller. Most recently in 2021, they took home two silver medals, one at the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses followed by the Bundeschampionate. Moreover, they won the Hanoverian Championship no less than three times in a row. Danciero was appointed Westphalian Champion Stallion, and despite being only 6 years old, we have already seen an impressive number of offspring from him. Strong of type, expressive, and with three good paces.
- I visited Helgstrand after their open house to look for a new horse. Andreas thought Danciero would be a perfect match. And he was right! He is close to being the perfect horse, in my opinion, because besides his impressive paces he has a wonderful mind with an excellent rideability, and a beautiful appearance as well. He has the perfect combination of power and sense - two success criteria to go far in the sport, states Anna Kasprzak, who is grateful for Eva's competent training of Danciero.
Anna Kasprzak has been at the top of Danish and international dressage for many years and has had great success at all levels with horses like Donnperignon, Hønnerup’s Driver and Rock Star.
- Danciero is an amazing stallion with impressive qualities, and he suits Anna so well. She can give him every possible opportunity to go far in the sport, and we are really looking forward to following and not least helping them on their way, says Andreas Helgstrand, who has been Anna Kasprzak's trainer for many years.
Danciero is very popular in terms of breeding, and fortunately it is also Future Dressage's wish that he continues to be available to breeders.
- My focus will of course be his further education, but we want him to continue being available in breeding and pass on his fantastic qualities, adds Anna, who hopes to qualify him for the Young Horse World Championships in September as their first goal to achieve.
In terms of breeding, Danciero will be available on frozen semen after May 15th. Future Dressage also adds that a few months each year he will be available with fresh semen as well.
Vogue wins 2-day stallion performance test
Video: Enjoy Vogue in the second part of the test with the test rider.
Today, was the final day of the 2-day stallion performance test in Münster-Handorf, and our 3-year-old Vogue (by Vitalis/Fidertanz, breeder: ZG Werth) supremely took the lead scoring 9.33. Receiving the following individual marks: 9.8 for rideability, 9.5 for trot, canter, and willingness to work as well as 8.2 for walk. Geronimo G (placed 3rd with 9.01, by Glamourdale/Escolar, breeder: Gestüt Grasekamp), Elastic (Escolar/Dimaggio, breeder: Daniela Werheit-Wagemeyer) and Joshua (Jovian/Belissimo M, breeder: Volker Schmale-Steinkamp) also performed amazingly under saddle and received great marks.
For the Danish breeders: The 2-day test in Germany has been recognized by Danish Warmblood and the 3-year-old DWB approved stallions have now received one year of breeding approval.
We decided on the German 2-day stallion performance test instead of the Danish Warmblood 10-day test as some of the stallions are stationed in Germany and already very busy.
Stallions, who today completed the 2-day test in Münster-Handorf:
- Joshua by Jovian / Belissimo M / D'accord
- Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz / Sandro Hit
- Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II
- Geronimo G by Glamourdale / Escolar / Fürst Heinrich
Stallions, who completed the 2-day test in Vechta on 6-7 April 2022:
- Don Sarkozy by Don Allegro / Sarkozy / De Niro
- Liam by Livaldon / Warkant / Sherlock Holmes
- Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo
- Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever / Florestan I
- Opoque by All At Once / Davino / Fürst Heinrich
- Sparkling by Springbank / Fürst Romancier / Desperados
- Incredible by Indian Rock / For Romance I / K2
Moreover, Åtoftens Jovani by Jovian/Benneton Dream and Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH/Zalando passed their 10-day test in Danish Warmblood.
And on 9-11 May, the following three stallions will take part in the stallion performance test in Warendorf:
- Veto by Vitalis / Sir Donnerhall I / De Niro
- Value by Valverde / Floriscount / Lauries Crusador xx
- Quelle Couleur by Qaside MD / Captain Fire / Power
Helgstrand signs agreement with the internationally esteemed brand Freejump System
The right equipment is an essential factor in performing at the highest level - and Helgstrand is now welcoming another exclusive equipment brand, Freejump System, the founders of the innovative and well-known Freejump stirrups. It is a mutual collaboration, where Helgstrand will help develop a dressage line, and at the same time, the riders will have the pleasure of riding in the exclusive products from Freejump.
Freejump is already an established brand that is highly respected by showjumping and military equestrians around the world being widely recognized for its innovative and high-tech products. Now the time has come to expand the market into dressage, and Freejump sees great benefits in collaborating with Helgstrand.
- Our products are used by show jumpers all over the world, and with the new partnership, we can now anticipate the demand for products tailored to the dressage enthusiast. There is no doubt that Helgstrand is the perfect partner for us, because not only can they bring invaluable knowledge, but they can also help us reach even further and position ourselves among the leading equestrian brands, states Yann Dubourg, CEO of Freejump System.
- We are proud to welcome Freejump as a new partner. Our colleagues at Beerbaum and Riesenbeck International are already enthusiastic about their products. And having tested them ourselves, I’m sure we are able to develop an innovative dressage line by adding our ideas. Products that give the dressage rider the optimal support, safety, and comfort, whether riding at amateur or professional level, says Andreas Helgstrand.
In addition to the stirrups, Freejump System supplies safety vests to Helgstrand, which our riders will use when breaking in our many young horses. All riders at Helgstrand’s locations in Denmark, Germany and the USA will take advantage of the new stirrups during spring. You can see the innovative products from Freejump at Helgstrand's open house at Helgstrand Germany in Syke on April 30th, at Riesenbeck International and at the competitions organized by Helgstrand Event as well as online at Freejump's website; www.freejumpsystem.com.
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences joins Master Rider Education as education partner
Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences will be joining the Master Rider Education as an educational partner and provide students with high-quality theory relevant to jumping and dressage riders. Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences (VHL) is an international university based in the Netherlands. One of their bachelor programs, Equine, Sports, and Business, is dedicated to the education of young professionals for a professional career in the horse industry.
- In our unique Bachelor program ‘Equine, Sports, and Business’, we welcome students from a wide variety of countries already for over 25 years. They have excellent career perspectives and find jobs all over the world. That we now can use this experience for the Master Rider Education, is an acknowledgment for our university of applied science and our equine lecturing team, states Ruth van der Beek, Education Director VHL in Velp.
- We have had students from van Hall Larenstein here in the stables and office of Helgstrand Dressage and their motivation and knowledge have always been highly appreciated, states Andreas Helgstrand, Founder of Helgstrand Dressage and Global Equestrian Group CEO.
VHL will be developing and executing a substantial part of the theory in the Master Rider Education. Certified and experienced lecturers from the bachelor program Equine, Sports and Business will be giving live online lectures in both the business and horse & performance subjects.
The content of the theory will be made highly relevant to dressage and jumping riders. With a focus on sports performance through horse subjects like training theory, health, nutrition, and breeding. All the business subjects will have a focus on horses and riders as well. The theory will include exciting projects and assignments to directly apply what is learned, to practice.
- The knowledge that currently is available, offers many opportunities for the equine industry. Our team, which developed over the years, now comprises a broad field of expertise in both business and equine topics. Being horse people ourselves, we look forward to contributing to this great initiative and helping to seize the opportunities that are out there, says Hans van Tartwijk, coordinator of the Equine, Sports and Business program.
Ludger Beerbaum is excited about the partnership as well.
- It is important that we make scientific knowledge understandable for riders and bring it to practice. The fact that the lecturers from van Hall Larenstein University have a background in horses is a great advantage.
About Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
VHL is the most sustainable University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Through international Bachelor, Masters, certificate programmes, and short courses the university trains high-quality, ambitious and innovative professionals who contribute to a more sustainable world. VHL is also the only Dutch university of applied sciences to be a member of the Holland Horse Foundation and the International Network Equine Science.
Equine Sports and Business
The full-time Equine, Sports, and Business study programme is part of the bachelor programme Animal Husbandry and offers students a unique focus combination of equine science and horse business. The program allows students to work closely to the work field. In recent years, their students have worked with over 400 different companies in 35 countries thanks to their internships and graduation projects. Graduates find their careers in event management, marketing, horse feed companies, insurances, equestrian retail, media ventures, and industry associations.
More info here
Incredible and Vogue temporarily not available for breeding
Pictured: Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Incredible.
As one of the world's leading stallion stations with customers all over the world, it is important that we always can guarantee high quality. That is why we are currently working together with Tierersätzliche Hochschule in Hanover, Germany to examine the semen of our 3-year-old stallions Incredible and Vogue more closely, as their semen does not meet the required quality. Until we know the answer to the tests, we have therefore decided to take them out of our breeding program.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you who were planning to use them in the next few days. We expect to have an answer shortly and as soon as the results of the tests are available, we will inform you. We hope for your understanding.
Jovian wins Grand Prix debut
Last year he became World Champion of the 7-year-olds in Verden, Germany, today he took the first steps to the big sport. Jovian by Apache/Tango and Andreas Helgstrand has been training to make his Grand Prix debut at this weekend's national show in Aarhus, and what a debut.
- When I rode the first centre line I got goosebumps as I felt he was 110% with me. It's a very special feeling to make your Grand Prix debut on a horse you've developed yourself. I don't think anyone else has achieved that result in their Grand Prix debut, so of course, it's very special. And there's a lot more to him - he lacks strength and experience, but he's only 8 years old. Today he showed that he is a worthy candidate for the top sport, said Andreas after the test.
Jovian and Andreas scored 83.7% for the win with several 10s. He was followed by another horse making his debut today, the only 8-year-old Queenpark's Wendyby the triple World Champion Sezuan and out of a Soprano. With Andreasm she scored 77%
View the results of the class here
Succesful new duo
It has been a successful weekend for Alexander and his new partner, Belantis as well delivering two exceptional performances. Both in Friday's Prix St. George and Saturday's Intermediare I they did incredibly well with two harmonious rides. There was not much to put a finger on, even though the two have only known each other for a very short time. They were awarded 75,83% in PSG and 75% in Intermediare winning both classes.