The best of both worlds – Hublot and Helgstrand designing unique watches
Helgstrand Dressage must be presumed to have revolutionized the equestrian sport, like Hublot has done within the world of watches. Driven by their ultimate passion, the two companies have side by side expanded into new markets and launched one pioneering concept after the other. Now the time has come, to unite the best of both worlds and create a one-of-a-kind product line: A series of unique Hublot watches with details from Helgstrand.
- I have a great interest in watches and in my opinion, Hublot is the biggest player in the field of sports watches. Their way of thinking is similar to ours – they won’t settle with the second best – they aspire to revolutionize the industry, leading them to the huge success they’ve already achieved. As a brand, I think we have many common characteristics, so when the opportunity for a collaboration arose, we seized it, Andreas Helgstrand says – he especially thinks that being a part of the design process, has been extremely inspiring.
Collectively, 50 watches have been produced, allocated on respectively two ladies watches and one men’s watch. Every watch has a number engraved on the back, indicating the uniqueness of the respective watch that is worn – the same way as the horses of Helgstrand. They make up for the uniqueness of the core business of Helgstrand.
- We’ve chosen to give Blue Hors Matiné a special place as we designed these watches, as she’s always been very special to me. It’s crystal clear, the way we danced down the middle line to the closing tones and the way the crowd cheered after my bow – it was so memorable and extraordinary, that I still get the chills, when I think about it today. Therefore, Matiné is pictured the same way as in our old logo and constitutes the number 6 on the ladies watches and the number 12 on the men’s watch. This way, I will always have her by my side”, Andreas says.
- We focused a lot on the fact that the watches should hold some elements inspired from our world, but in a discrete manner. It is important for us, that everyone can identify with the design, without being particularly interested in horses or riding. Thereby, the classic and elegant Hublot- design had to have the primary role and as you take a closer look, you get to see the small details – all that, making every watch absolutely unique, Andreas adds.
- We notice every day in our daily routines of the business, that our clients demand the exceptional – the perfect match. Hublot differentiates from other producers on the market, by only producing a limited number of every model. With the watches, we feel that we can share a bit of our world and hope that some would like to be a part of the Helgstrand lifestyle by acquiring one of these 50 extraordinary pieces, Andreas concludes.
D’avie sold to Germany
Picture: Lisa and Thomas Müller standing together with D'avie
Isabell Werth has been visiting Helgstrand Dressage to look for a horse that has the level for competing internationally with her student Lisa Müller. If you think the name sounds familiar, then it is because Lisa is married to the professional football player Thomas Müller, who plays for FC Bayern München.
Grand Prix rider, Lisa Müller has several international victories and her career really took a huge step forward, when Isabell Werth became her trainer in 2016 together with her long-time trainer Götz Brinkmann. This great combination led Lisa to numerous victories together with the horse Stand By Me (Stedinger/De Niro) up till international dressage and a place at the German national B-team. Now Lisa is very happy to add a fantastic Grand Prix horse to her collection, the double World Champion, and acknowledged breeding stallion D’avie.
- I am very pleased that Lisa shall take over the reins and together with Isabell Werth educate him further. He is still a young horse, but with all this potential, there is no limit to what he can achieve. We look very much forward to follow them on their way towards competing on international level, Andreas Helgstrand tells.
D’avie by Don Juan de Hus/Londonderry really has established his name when he together with the Spanish rider Severo Jurado López superior won the prestigious World Championship for Young Horses two years in a row for the 6- and 7-year-old-horses in Ermelo.
D’avie is a horse that has it all for the highest level of competing and also for being a successful breeding stallion. When you see his offspring, it is clear that he passes on his excellent expression, the modern type, and three exceptional gaits.
- D’avie has already shown his worth as a breeding stallion when we see his offspring. We have a corporation with Château de Fontaine in France – a project, that is led by Bolette Wandt. Here eggs from Queenpark’s Wendy have been taken out and we have therefore now seen the first embryo offspring with D’avie as the sire. And I promise you that the foal has exceptional quality! When you combine the best from to worlds, then you get the best result, Andreas tells and adds; the whole concept is to buy talented young horses, educate them, sell them when they are on their way forward in the sport and, very importantly, secure some good offspring from them.
D’avie will still be available for the breeders on terms that are very similar to Helgstrand’s. More information will follow when the new setup for the season 2021 is ready.
5 medals for Helgstrand
Picture: Fransisca by Franklin/Romanov - awarded a gold medal in Danish Warmblood
This year’s medals for breeders in Danish Warmblood have been delegated, and despite the long wait, we are now very proud to announce that no less than 5 mares owned by Helgstrand have been awarded medals.
Normally the medals are handed out at the Elite Show, but as a result of COVID-19, the procedure had to be changed this year. That way, the bronze- and silver medals were given at the saddle licensing, while the best silver medal mares were nominated for gold medals, which afterwards were handed out by the breeding commission from Danish Warmblood.
3 offspring from Helgstrand stallions awarded with medals
Among the medalists were no less than 3 offspring sired by Helgstrand’s stallions; the gold medal mare Fransisca by Franklin/Romanov. Her dam line is very interesting as the mother is the silver medal mare Rapitalà, who is also the mother to the gold medal mare Fiontina and the three-time World Champion for Young Horses, Fiontini. Fransisca is bred by HH Horses.
Additionally, we have the mare awarded with silver; Blaze von Rosing by the World Champion Revolution and with the famous Zack as her damsire. She is bred by Maria von Rosing. Blaze gained an impressive 9 in total and could that way be rewarded with the entitlement as the best mare in her region.
Another Revolution offspring was awarded a medal – this time Terpling’s Ravena DWB, who has Weltjunge as her damsire. She is bred by Heima Poulsen, who received a breeders medal of bronze.
2 gold medals for Helgstrand
Aside from Fransisca by Franklin/Romanov, also Vestermarken’s Shakira by Sezuan/Tailormade Temptation was rewarded with a gold medal. Shakira originates from the silver medal mare Vestermarken’s Tequila and did the official riding test with very impressive 900 points. She is bred by Kirsten Buus.
Last but definitely not least, the mare Straight Horse Zonate by Zack/Don Schufro received a breeders medal of bronze. Zonate is out of the interesting dam line, where the mother, Bøgegården’s Don Romina, was appointed Mare of the Year and is as well the mother to the three-time World Champion Sezuan. Zonate is bred by Straight Horse.
Quaterhit with a new future in France
No one comes close to giving the same impression that Quarterhit has done to so many people. He is a very charismatic stallion, that through his fantastic movements, shoulder freedom and very unique personality has won over so many people – now also the French dressage rider Dominique Degueldre, who is already getting to know him in his new surroundings in France.
- Quarterhit is doing very well here in France. He is already liked by everyone in the stable – he is charming everyone with his good spirit and then he just loves to show off when ridden. I ride him a couple of times per week and other than that, my trainer, Stephanie Brieussel, rides him, because I don’t have the experience to educate him on this level, Dominique Degueldre tells.
- Just now we are getting to know Quarterhit very well and if everything goes to plan then he is participating in a stallion show in France next month. My goal is for him to make his debut in Prix St. George next year. If everything goes well, he will be available for the breeders next year in a similar arrangement as it was in Denmark, Dominique adds.
The now 6-year-old Quarterhit is licensed in some of the largest German breeding associations and also Danish Warmblood where he ended his 35-days performance test with a 2. place scoring a 9 in both trot and canter. Quarterhit comes from a very interesting dam line because the dam Poetin III is the sister to the famous Poetin, who won the World Championships for Young Horses for 5-year-olds in 2003, won the prestigious Bundeschampionate twice and was later sold to a record auction price at 2.5 million euros.
The success continues when you look at the sire, where Quartergold is the son of Quaterback, who won the stallion performance test and later the Bundeshampionate. In the dam line, you also find Sandro Hit – a true legend. With Dr. Ulf Möller he accomplished numerous victories, such as the Bundeschampionate, gold medal at the World Championships for 6-year-old horses and later competed on Grand Prix level.
Other than Quarterhit, Dominique acquired the very talented and well-moving 6-year-old gelding Vito De Hus bys Don Juan de Hus/De Niro, which participated in the World Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo in 2019 for the 5-year-old horses and accomplished an astonishing 14. place in the final with his former rider, the Grand Prix rider Jessica Michel Botton. Don Vito De Hus is a awarded Premium Stallion in the German Breeding Association, Westfalen in 2016.
- My goal is to buy some of the best horses in the world and educate them to Grand Prix level in cooperation with my trainer. This is the reason I contacted Andreas, because he has competed on the highest level and has many admirable results, and other than that he has some of the best and most talented horses in his stables, Dominique finishes.
Fynch Hattom OLD Oldenburger Landeschampion
This weekend, Fynch Hatton OLD (Formel Eins/Sir Donnerhall I) and Global Player (Kastel's Grand Galaxy Win/Don Schufro) participated at the 2020 Oldenburger Landeschampionat with the qualification for the prestigious German Bundeschampionate.
Both stallions showed themselves very well in the preliminary test and placed superbly in the lead of the 4-year-old stallions. Global Player scored 8.9 and Fynch Hatton 9.0. Apparently, both stallions have saved a little extra power for the final and did an excellent job showing so much potential for the future. Especially Fynch Hatton OLD, who received an impressive 10 for his trot, 9.5 for canter, 8.5 for walk, 9.5 for scale of education and 9.0 for confirmation and claimed the title Oldenburger Landeschampion with an average score of 9.3. With 5 times a 9 Global Player became Vice-Champion with an average score of 9.0.
Fynch Hatton OLD was presented by Helgstrand's new German rider, Sina Aringer, while Global Player was ridden by Eva Möller.
Fynch Hatton OLD
Anne-Mette claims gold
"I can't believe it" - Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen claimed gold with Foco Loco at the European Championships for U25, but she finds it difficult to understand, that she actually can use that title!
The freestyle program and music only came into place shortly before, Anne-Mette and Foco Loco headed south to Budapest, Hungary, to participate at the U25 European Championships. They only had time to practice the program quite a few times before entering the big arena. But Anne-Mette didn't show any nervousness at all despite the high pressure. She knew they could. Foco Loco, a 15-year-old Belgian Warmblood, has many years of experience with the difficult exercises. Foco Loco, who had lacked a bit of energy in the individual and qualifying Grand Prix, showed top form after the resting day and danced through the difficult exercises where not one hoof was put wrong. The pair scored 79.025% and placed superbly in the lead.
"I wear the medal and it reminds me that it's actually true. I'm so proud of our result at the European Championships. It will be an experience that I will never forget", says Anne-Mette.
Anne-Mette won team bronze together with the Danish team and placed 4th in the Grand Prix, only 0.4% winning bronze.
The Danish team was represented by:
Maja Andreasen and Kano
Josefine Hoffmann and Hønnerups Driver
Victoria E. Vallentin and Brooklyn
Anne Mette Strandby Hansen and Foco Loco
Enjoy Anne-Mette and Foco Loco's impressive and very technical freestyle:
Record high average price at the last foal auction
Valuable by Valverde/Sezuan (bred by Lena and Rasmus Dalsgaard) - auction price highlight and sold for 79,000 euro to Canada.
Earlier this year, Helgstrand and Schockemöhle launched an auction concept only with foals sired by Helgstrand and Schockemöhle’s stallions. Stallions that represents the world elite of dressage and showjumping stallions. Tonight, the last fall of the hammer was set after three very successful auctions and even with a record-high average price of impressive 22,267 euros.
- We are extremely pleased with the result of the three auctions. There is no doubt that we had very high expectations for the last one because of the high number of quality-foals at the inspections and achieving such a high average price is beyond our expectations. Being able to put together a new concept with such an amazing result makes us very proud and we are extremely thankful to both breeders and buyers, says auction manager Esben Møller.
Due to a large number of selected dressage and show jumping foals for the last auction, the auction committee chose to divide it in two and thus auctioning 15 top pedigree dressage foals at tonight’s online auction. Until today, it seemed to be the black beauty, the colt by Totilas/Sir Donnerhall I with a very interesting dam line that would be the auction's price highlight, but it became the extremely successful Valverde/Sezuan colt, number 12 Valuable, who stole the spotlight and ran with the title as the auction's most expensive foal sold for no less than 79,000 euro. Valuable, who is by the three times Westphalia Champion, Valverde, is bred in Denmark by Lena and Rasmus Dalsgaard and has been sold to Canada. The Totilas colt, Take Me Forward, was sold to Germany for 51,000 euro and thus became the auction's second most expensive. Take Me Forward is bred by Bernd Lampe from Germany. *
Third most expensive was a magnificent offspring by the World Champion Jovian, number 6 Jules Mumm with Fürstenball as damsire. Jules Mumm is bred by Enrico Messelis from Germany and the new owners are located in Mozambique.
Congratulations to both breeders and the new owners!
The result of the 3rd and final auction:
1. Take Me Forward by Totilas/Sir Donnerhall – 51,000 euro
2. HP Vancouver by Vitalis/Apache – 18,000 euro
3. Sweet Surprice by Sezuan’s Donnerhall/Surprice – 22,500 euro
4. Dark Romance by Donier/Fürst Romancier – 11,500 euro
5. Touch of Royalty by Total Hope/Danciano – 22,000 euro
6. Jules Mumm by Jovian/Fürstenball – 25,000 euro
7. Future Nightshadow by Franklin/Sir Donnerhall I – 10,000 euro
8. Treasure of Hope by Total Hope/Sungold – 24,000 euro
9. Titanium by Totilas/De Niro – 20,500 euro
10. Grand Cru FF by Grand Galaxy Win/Don Schufro – 10,000 euro
11. True Hope by Total Hope/Fürstenball – 9,500 euro
12. Valuable by Valverde/Sezuan – 79,000 euro
13. Do the Deal by Donier/Daily Deal – 10,000 euro
14. Fine Lady by Fürst Toto/Don Romantic – 11,500 euro
15. Dancing Belle by Donier/Sandro Hit – 9,500 euro
Read more about the foals of the 3rd auction here
10 horses from Helgstrand competing at the 2020 European Championships
Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Fofo-Loco from national show in Hjallerup, Denmark
The European Championships is taking place at the moment in the capital of Hungary and no less than 10 horses, which have been trained at Helgstrand, are competing these days. All the way from pony to junior, young rider and U25 including Alexander Helgstrand and Greven’s Sa’Va’ and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Foco-Loco from Team Helgstrand.
Tuesday, Alexander and the rest of the Danish team won silver at the 2020 European Junior Championships. An accomplishment many would wish for coming true. Before taking over the reins of Sa’Va’, he rode Adriano B. to several championships medals and now Adriano B. is successful with his new rider, Danish Sophia Obel. At the moment, the Danish U25 riders are on the way to Budapest to compete at the championships, which will take place next week. Including Helgstrand rider Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and Foco-Loco.
The following combination competing at the European Championships are coming from Helgstrand:
Adriano B. (De Angelo B/Flying Dream) and Sophia Obel – Denmark
Bonjour Majlund (Bøgegården’s Boney M/De Noir) and Lilla Felvinczi – Hungary
Dolcetto (Don Frederico/Wolkentanz) and Natalia Plata – Polen
Stasia Eg (Stedinger/Akinos) and Emilie Maja Leth – Denmark
Grevens Sa’Va (Blue Horse Soprano/Blue Hors Romancier) and Alexander Yde Helgstrand – Denmark
Diamo Dream (Diamo Gold/Fürst Heinrich) and Aurelia von Mauberg - Polen
Antango Du Feuillard (Ampére/Jazz) and Maria Mejlgaard Jensen - Denmark
Foco-Loco (Sierappel/Wendekreis) and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen – Denmark
Hønnerup’s Driver (Blue Hors Romanov/Blue Hors Don Schufro) and Josefine Hoffmann – Denmark
Sir Lancelot M and Ellen McCarthy - Great Britain
Danish junior team claims silver
These days, the European Junior Championships are being held in Budapest, Hungary. Yesterday, the first half of the Danish team entered the arena and the possibility of winning a medal turned out to be very positive as Maja Leth and Stasia Eg placed 5th scoring 70.091%, while Kristian Würtz Green and Bovbjerg’s Zhivago achieved 70.637% and placed 4th in the first division. The last two riders, Frederikke and Alexander did everything they possibly could but unfortunately, the German team was a little stronger, and therefore the fight for the silver was between Denmark and Holland. Luckily it turned into a silver medal after a couple of great tests for the last riders. Frederikke Gram Jacobsen achieved the team's highest individual score earning 72.333%, while Alexander scored 71.848%.
Maja Leth and Stasia Eg – 70.091%
Kristian Würtz Green and Bovbjergs Zhivago – 70.637%
Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Ryvangs Zafina – 72.333%
Alexander and Grevens Sa'Va – 71.848%
1. Germany – 222,212%
2. Denmark – 214,818%
3. Holland - 213,515%
Wednesday is rest day for the Danish team and on Thursday the Danish riders will compete for the individual medals. The 18 best combinations will move on to the freestyle on Friday.
Outstanding Revolution offspring awarded HANN Champion Mare
Expressive, impressive and incredible well-moving 3-year-old mare by Revolution/Belissimo M awarded Champion mare at the prestigious Herwart von der Decken Schau in Verden, Germany!
Congratulations to breeder Gestüt Greim, Germany.
Feminine, well-marked, expressive and supple mover in both trot and walk showing a remarkable talent for future top sport!