Alexander wins the freestyle at Future Champions on Belantis
Pictured: Alexander Helgstrand and Belantis at the 2022 Future Champions.
Future Champions in Hagen, Germany is a recurring event that attracts young talented riders from all over the world. Again this year Alexander Helgstrand participated and this time he brought his new partner, Belantis by Benetton Dream/Expo'se - former ridden by Isabell Werth, but we also had the pleasure of watching several former Helgstrand horses again, all of whom performed phenomenally with their new riders.
New partnerships develop over time, and Alexander and Belantis' recent performances truly show that they are on the right path. In the first two youngrider classes, they placed second scoring 72.696% and 73.137% respectively, while in the freestyle took the lead with a whopping 79.65%. Two out of the three judges even rated their freestyle at 80+%.
Pictured: Martha Raupach and Jack Sparrow at the 2022 Future Champions.
Successful horses at Future Champions
Every year, horses are leaving Helgstrand to match with new upcoming talents - and we love to follow them on their journey as their new partnerships grow. Once again, we had the pleasure of watching strong performances, which makes us very proud.
German Martha Raupach brought both Jack Sparrow by Expression/Vivaldi and Francis Drake OLD by Franklin/Don Schufro. On both horses she had some good rides and especially Jack Sparrow managed to put himself in the top league winning all his classes with results above 80%.
Pictured: Martha Raupach and Francis Drake OLD at the 2022 Future Champions.
On the impressive Franklin son, Francis Drake, she managed to place at the top of the junior classes. Francis Drake was former ridden by our German rider, Leonie Richter - among many unmentioned highlights, they placed 8th at the prestigious World Championship for 5-year-olds in Verden last year.
Pictured: Annabella Pidgley and Espe at the 2022 Future Champions.
We also had the pleasure of watching the British junior rider, Annabella Pidgley, who reaped great success with both her horses from Helgstrand. Despite her young age, she already has an impressive CV and this week she was able to add further top results. On the 8-year-old Espe by Escolar/Dimaggio she rode a total of three wins out of three, each time with a score of above 75%. In addition, she brought the 8-year-old Sultan des Paluds FRH by Soliman de Hus/De Niro, which she also rode to top placings throughout the show. Annabella is currently trained by Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour, who is part of the Helgstrand team.
Pictured: Annabella Pidgley and Sultan des Paluds FRH at the 2022 Future Champions.
We also had the opportunity to watch Danish Thilde Rude Hare performing on Fred the Red by Franziskus/Florestan. They ended up as runner-up in the Junior Freestyle Small Final.
Pictured: Hubertus Stallmeister and Adriano B. at the 2022 Future Champions.
Not only the horses did well, we also had the pleasure of seeing Adrino B by De Angelo/Flying Dream, ridden by his new rider, the only 13-year-old Hubertus Stallmeister. Adriano B., who Alexander Helgstrand rode to several medals in his pony years, achieved top placings every day with Hubertus in the saddle.
Congratulations to you all!
Pictures by ll-foto.de
Andreas and Jovian win 4th Grand Prix in a row
Pictured: Andreas Helgstrand and Jovian from the lap of honour after winning the CDI3* Grand Prix at the 2022 Aachen Dressage Days in Hagen, Germany.
Recently, Andreas debuted our double World Champion for young dressage horses, Jovian by Apache/Tango in the Grand Prix, and now Andreas can add additional two Grand Prix victories at the Aachen Dressage Days in Hagen, Germany.
The impressive Apache son attracts everyone's attention the moment he steps into the arena. By nature, he is equipped with three sublime gaits where he shows tremendous power, suppleness, self-carriage, and balance. Not to mention his amazing temperament and rideability.
Yesterday in the Grand Prix, they were awarded a massive 76.348% for the win, followed by another victory in the Special earning 76.319%. Because of the amazing performances in Hagen, they received an invitation to the prestigious CHIO Aachen, which takes place from June 24th to July 3rd. In the Grand Prix, Andreas also took home a second-place on Danish Warmblood gold medal mare Queenpark's Wendy (Sezuan/Soprano), finishing just after Jovian with 74,370%.
Fingers crossed for another successful show in Aachen and a ticket to the upcoming World Championships in Herning on 6-14 August.
Springbank II VH and Yara Reichert win Intermediare I
In Hagen, we also had the pleasure of watching the former Helgstrand horse Springbank II VH by Skoven's Rafael/De Niro, who has had a great start under his new rider, German Yara Reichert. Together, they earned lots of success at the 2022 Aachen Dressage Days winning the Intermediare I with 72.7%.
Pictured: Andreas Helgstrand and Queenpark's Wendy, who placed second after Jovian at the 2022 Aachen Dressage Days in Hagen.
Master Student Rider Camilla Lærke Stubberup to represent Denmark
Pictured: Camilla and Zun Dance from the Danish National Championships this weekend.
The Danish Equestrian Federation has announced the list of selected combinations to participate at the Nordic Championships as well as long-listed the candidates for the European Championships and World Championships. From Helgstrand we are proud to announce, that two of our riders have been selected for these big events.
Our Master Student rider, Camilla Lærke Stubberup and her horse Zun Dance have been selected to represent Denmark at the Nordic Championship for U25, which takes place in Flyinge, Sweden on 26-30 June as well as for the long list of the European Championships in Hungary on 24-28 August.
- I’m so happy, everything has gone so fast this past year and I just feel so grateful to have a horse like Zunny. I am so lucky to get so much support from the people around me and especially from Maria (red. manager at Helgstrand Academy). It's because of her that we have achieved so much. I'm really looking forward to representing Denmark and gaining even more experience. Being selected for this with Zunny is something special because I have trained him myself. Next week, I have my final exam and of course, he will be with me. After that I’m looking very much forward to the competitions this summer, says Camilla.
Andreas and Jovian in the running for a team selection for the World Championships
Pictured: Andreas on Jovian from the 2021 World Championships in Verden.
- I’m really happy to be on the long list with Jovian. It’s of course very special as he is only 8 years old. But everything just seems so easy to him, and he has so much potential. For the time coming, I will compete in Hagen and later in Aachen – and then I just hope for a spot on the team. And of course, I will be proud to represent Denmark once again, says Andreas.
The 2022 World Championships take place in Herning from 6-14 August.
Patrik Kittel joins Global Equestrian Group
Pictured: Patrik Kittel and Andreas Helgstrand.
Swedish Patrik Kittel is one of the world's most successful dressage riders and has certainly made his mark on the international dressage scene. In his career, he has trained more than 60 horses for Grand Prix, won more than most, and is now ready to take the next step in his career as a part of Global Equestrian Group.
- For many years we have been working together with Patrik and we wanted to include him in the team. Germany is one of our biggest markets and together with Patrik we can now exclusively offer some of our sales horses from Patrik's facilities at Eulenhof in Dülmen, Westphalia. In addition, Patrik will continue to be active in the sport which give us the unique opportunity to offer our clients help at shows to achieve even greater success. And he is just one of the best riders in the world, which is great branding for us, states Andreas Helgstrand.
- It has been an exciting journey and I've enjoyed the freedom of being self-employed. But I miss being part of something bigger, and I'm more than ready to start a new chapter as part of Global Equestrian Group with all the benefits that come with it. I am sure that I can contribute new ideas and offer an exclusive service from my home in Dülmen, where I will continue to stay with my family. And I'm delighted that I can carry on my riding career and compete actively both my own and Helgstrand's horses, says Patrik Kittel.
Patrik Kittel has competed at the European Championships, World Championships, World Cup Finals, Olympic Games as many as three times in addition to achieving numerous victories and placings at national as well as international competitions on horses such as Touchdown, Well Done de La Roche, Scandic, Delaunay, not to mention the three-time World Champion, Fiontini, whom Patrik rode to a victory in his Grand Prix debut after a short period of partnership.
- Patrik is one of the most successful riders and we look forward to strengthening the group with his skills and experience. He brings good business know-how and can add knowledge and ideas that can give another boost to Global Equestrian Group's activities - and he just has a great personality, Andreas adds.
Patrik has bought into Global Equestrian Group, which is jointly owned by Ludger Beerbaum, Waterland Private Equity, the owners of Wellington International (former Palm Beach International Equestrian Center), and Andreas Helgstrand.
In the video below, Patrik Kittel tells more about the new collaboration:
Dynamic Dream offspring 90,000 euro price highlight
Pictured: Dynamic Heart by Dynamic Dream/Zack - sold for 90,000 euros.
On Saturday evening during the Danish National Dressage Championships, 17 hand-picked foals were up for auction at Helgstrand-Schockemöhle's live foal auction. The foals derived from performance pedigrees only sired by stallions from the two stations. A total of 16 Danish bred foals and one from Germany went under the hammer. The average prices were good, with several foals also changing owners abroad. The first foal, Dynamic Heart by Dynamic Dream/Zack - out of a very exciting and successful dam line – became the price highlight of the auction, sold for impressive 90,000 euros, bred by Lena and Rasmus Dalsgaard from Vinderup, Denmark. While the second most expensive was Brix So Special by So Perfect/Fürstenball, bred by Stutteri Brix, Nibe and sold for 65,000 euro. The half-brother of Brix So Special, Brix Falcon was himself sold for impressive 80,000 euros at his auction. The third most expensive was HP Vivienne, the beautiful filly by Vitalis/Bonds, daughter of Be My Beauty Queen, Champion Foal in Lienen, Germany and acquired for 160,000 euro at auction. She was sold for 34,000 euros.
A total of 14 out of 17 foals were sold at tonight’s auction with an average price of 30,000 euros.
More info about the foals here
Pictured: Brix So Special by So Perfect/Fürstenball - sold for 65,000 euros.
Pictured: HP Vivienne by Vitalis/Bonds - sold for 34,000 euros.
Marshall-Bell sold to Austrian U25 rider Nicola Ahorner
Pictured: Marshall-Bell and Daniel Bachmann Andersen from competing at the 2022 Horses & Dreams, Germany.
The 10-year-old Marshall-Bell (Don Romantic/Michellino) has been trained by Danish Grand Prix rider Daniel Bachmann Andersen for a long time, and together they have earned great international success, most recently with placings at the prestigious Horses & Dreams in Germany, including a 3rd place in the freestyle with over 80%. The owners of CVL Horses, Vivi Vang-Lauridsen and Christian Vang-Lauridsen from Denmark, who own Marshall-Bell, offered Helgstrand co-ownership of the horse, who will now join the stable of the talented U25 rider, Austrian Nicola Ahorner.
- Daniel is a competent rider who has trained many horses for the Grand Prix. Both Christian and Daniel have done a phenomenal job and we are sure that Marshall-Bell with his experience can help Nicola further in her career and not least give her a good start at international level. It is our mission to help new talents on their way with good horses, and it is just fantastic when it all comes together, states Andreas Helgstrand.
Nicola Ahorner is a successful U25 rider who had a magnificent career at pony level. And it’s not her first time visiting Helgstrand as she bought several horses here, including Foco Loco W, on which Helgstrand's rider, Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen won the European Championship and Danish Championship for U25, Ludwig der Sonnenkönig, who former Helgstrand rider, Victoria Vallentin, achieved great success with, and not least Belstaff, who Helgstrand's rider, Betina Jæger competed at the World Championships in Tryon.
A horse with a great personality and enormous potential
Vivi and Christian Vang-Lauridsen, the owners of CVL Horses at Græsted, Denmark bought Marshall-Bell when he was quite young. They trained the horse themselves before entering a partnership with Daniel with the purpose of selling. Together Daniel and Marshall-Bell have competed at the Danish and European Championships and were also a promising combination for the upcoming World Championships in Herning, Denmark, in addition to several national and international wins.
- He is just one of a kind! You might say about all your horses, but there are just some horses that make a special impression on you. And Marshall-Bell just has so much personality. He's a horse that will go far for his rider - and that's taken us a long way. I'm very grateful to Vivi and Christian for letting me share so many amazing moments and experiences with him. I think he is the perfect match for Nicola because he is so strong in the exercises and at the same time has so much potential to help her on her way in the sport, states Daniel Bachmann Andersen.
- It has been a fantastic collaboration with Daniel, who has managed to present Marshall-Bell in the best possible way and secured him experience at international level. And with the help of Helgstrand and their network, we have found a good match with Nicola. We are looking forward to following them on their path to success, states Christian Vang-Lauridsen.
Foal auctions 2022
Picture: Faretti II by Franklin/Don Frederico, breeder: HH Horses - sold for 102,000 euro at the 2018 Nordic International Sales during Equitour. Faretti II is the full sister of Faretti DWB, which was sold for 150.000 euros the year before.
The last online auction hosted by Helgstrand-Schockemöhle takes place on September 13th and the collection will be online already on September 7th. We are looking very much forward yet again to presenting a top-quality collection with hand-picked offspring sired by the much-coveted stallions from Helgstrand Dressage and Deckstation Paul Schockemöhle from foal inspections held in Denmark, Germany and The Netherlands.
This is a unique chance to secure a future top sports horse, breeding stallion or a broodmare.
This collection will be online on September 7th here
Jovian wins international Grand Prix debut
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix Special debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Recently, Andreas debuted both the two-time world champion, Jovian by Apache/Tango, and the gold medal mare, Queenpark's Wendy (Sezuan/Soprano) in the Grand Prix at the national show at Vilhelmsborg with two victories. This weekend, he took home another two wins at the international show at Aalborg Dressage Event. Both horses delivered top performances, but Jovian is just in a class of his own. It was hard to put a finger on anything because every exercise was performed to the utmost precision with enormous power and suppleness. With a very convincing Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special, he managed to put himself at the top of the leaderboard and won supremely with 77,13% in the Grand Prix and 77,915% in the Grand Prix Special.
Video: Andreas Helgstrand and the two-time world champion, Jovian from his international Grand Prix debut at Aalborg Dressage Event this past weekend.
Danciero sold to Future Dressage
Pictured: Eva Möller and Danciero from winning a silver medal at the 2021 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses.
Recently we announced that the 6-year-old Danciero by Dancier/Floriscount will focus more on the sport. And now we can add that the internationally successful dressage rider and daily manager of Future Dressage, Anna Kasprzak, will take over the reins from Eva Möller, who has been very successful with this young stallion.
Danciero has developed quite exceptionally under our German rider, Eva Möller. Most recently in 2021, they took home two silver medals, one at the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses followed by the Bundeschampionate. Moreover, they won the Hanoverian Championship no less than three times in a row. Danciero was appointed Westphalian Champion Stallion, and despite being only 6 years old, we have already seen an impressive number of offspring from him. Strong of type, expressive, and with three good paces.
- I visited Helgstrand after their open house to look for a new horse. Andreas thought Danciero would be a perfect match. And he was right! He is close to being the perfect horse, in my opinion, because besides his impressive paces he has a wonderful mind with an excellent rideability, and a beautiful appearance as well. He has the perfect combination of power and sense - two success criteria to go far in the sport, states Anna Kasprzak, who is grateful for Eva's competent training of Danciero.
Anna Kasprzak has been at the top of Danish and international dressage for many years and has had great success at all levels with horses like Donnperignon, Hønnerup’s Driver and Rock Star.
- Danciero is an amazing stallion with impressive qualities, and he suits Anna so well. She can give him every possible opportunity to go far in the sport, and we are really looking forward to following and not least helping them on their way, says Andreas Helgstrand, who has been Anna Kasprzak's trainer for many years.
Danciero is very popular in terms of breeding, and fortunately it is also Future Dressage's wish that he continues to be available to breeders.
- My focus will of course be his further education, but we want him to continue being available in breeding and pass on his fantastic qualities, adds Anna, who hopes to qualify him for the Young Horse World Championships in September as their first goal to achieve.
In terms of breeding, Danciero will be available on frozen semen after May 15th. Future Dressage also adds that a few months each year he will be available with fresh semen as well.
Vogue wins 2-day stallion performance test
Video: Enjoy Vogue in the second part of the test with the test rider.
Today, was the final day of the 2-day stallion performance test in Münster-Handorf, and our 3-year-old Vogue (by Vitalis/Fidertanz, breeder: ZG Werth) supremely took the lead scoring 9.33. Receiving the following individual marks: 9.8 for rideability, 9.5 for trot, canter, and willingness to work as well as 8.2 for walk. Geronimo G (placed 3rd with 9.01, by Glamourdale/Escolar, breeder: Gestüt Grasekamp), Elastic (Escolar/Dimaggio, breeder: Daniela Werheit-Wagemeyer) and Joshua (Jovian/Belissimo M, breeder: Volker Schmale-Steinkamp) also performed amazingly under saddle and received great marks.
For the Danish breeders: The 2-day test in Germany has been recognized by Danish Warmblood and the 3-year-old DWB approved stallions have now received one year of breeding approval.
We decided on the German 2-day stallion performance test instead of the Danish Warmblood 10-day test as some of the stallions are stationed in Germany and already very busy.
Stallions, who today completed the 2-day test in Münster-Handorf:
- Joshua by Jovian / Belissimo M / D'accord
- Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz / Sandro Hit
- Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II
- Geronimo G by Glamourdale / Escolar / Fürst Heinrich
Stallions, who completed the 2-day test in Vechta on 6-7 April 2022:
- Don Sarkozy by Don Allegro / Sarkozy / De Niro
- Liam by Livaldon / Warkant / Sherlock Holmes
- Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo
- Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever / Florestan I
- Opoque by All At Once / Davino / Fürst Heinrich
- Sparkling by Springbank / Fürst Romancier / Desperados
- Incredible by Indian Rock / For Romance I / K2
Moreover, Åtoftens Jovani by Jovian/Benneton Dream and Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH/Zalando passed their 10-day test in Danish Warmblood.
And on 9-11 May, the following three stallions will take part in the stallion performance test in Warendorf:
- Veto by Vitalis / Sir Donnerhall I / De Niro
- Value by Valverde / Floriscount / Lauries Crusador xx
- Quelle Couleur by Qaside MD / Captain Fire / Power
We would be pleased to help you choose the perfect horse for you, based on your budget and your requirements.
Andreas Helgstrand email@example.com Thomas Sigtenbjerggaard firstname.lastname@example.org Uggerhalnevej 80, 9310 Vodskov