Helgstrand adds another Champion Stallion
Pictured: Andreas Helgstrand and the Indian Rock/For Romance I colt in the lap of honour with standing applaus.
The impressive and topmodern young stallion with extraordinary paces, the bay colt by Indian Rock/For Romance I was a clear Champion already at the pre-selection - and he didn't disapoint at the licensing. He catched the eye from the moment he entered the arena and impressed on the triangle, in lounge and in the free presentation as well. With this, Helgstrand can now add another champion stallion to the collection of top stallions for breeders to choose from in the 2022 breeding season.
The Indian Rock/For Romance I/K2/T. colt is bred by Andrea Bechheim from Germany and co-owned by Danish Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand.
Video: Indian Rock/For Romance I.
Besides adding yet another Champion to the collection, Helgstrand got a Premium Stallion - the Valverde/Floriscount/Lauries Crusador xx offspring, who was ranked 4th best stallion at the 2021 Oldenburg Stallion Licensing. The sire - former Helgstrand breeding stallion Valverde - was sold earlier this year to German Yara Reichert along with Springbank II VH. In addition, Helgstrand also presented the well-moving Don Allegro/Sarkozy colt, which received approval.
Pictured: The Premium Stallion by Suarez/Dante Weltino, price highlight of the Oldenburg Stallion Auction.
Suarez offspring price higlight of the Oldenburg Stallion Auction
At the following auction, two offspring sired by Helgstrand's stallions received top prices; the newly crowned Premium Stallion by Suarez/Dante Weltino/Rubenstein I, bred by Nina Sixtensson, was sold for an impressive 530,000 euro to Klosterhof Medingen in Germany and the approved stallion by Jovian/Benaggio/De Niro, bred by Caterina Schulz-Beelitz, was sold for 370,000 euro to Lövsta Stuteri in Sweden.
Pictured: Hauptprämiensieger 2021, Total McLaren and Leonie Richter.
Total McLaren awarded 2021 Hauptprämiensieger
Three stallions were invited by the Oldenburg Association to be considered for the prestigious title Oldenburger Hauptprämiensieger. Both Fynch Hatton (Formel Eins/Sir Donnerhall I) and Total McLaren (Totilas/De Niro) were invited to join this year’s Oldenburger Hengst-Tage in Vechta, Germany.
This recognition is given to stallions for the great performances of the first crop of foals and the stallion’s performances.
There is absolutely no doubt that both stallions are world-class horses and actually seeing the first crop of foals has truly been amazing. We are looking forward to seeing what the future holds for them.
Video: Total McLaren/Leonie Richter and Fynch Hatton/Andreas Helgstrand.
Helgstrand Jewellery and CoolUnite raise more than 1 million DKK for charity
Pictured: Marianne and Andreas Helgstrand.
On Friday November 12th, Helgstrand Jewellery and CoolUnite hosted a charity event at Helgstrand Dressage and raised more than 1 million DKK for a good cause.
The aim of the charity event was to raise money for the hospice Strandbakkehuset situated in Denmark, who provides families having a seriously ill child a home where they can stay together as well as practical and emotional support. They want that all children and young people, no matter how short their lives may be, should have the best opportunities to get as much out of their lives as possible.
With great support from Helgstrand’s local suppliers, and a great amount of generous donations, Helgstrand Jewellery and CoolUnite managed to raise more than 1 million DKK to support children, young people, and their families at Børne- og Ungehospice Strandbakkehuset. The donations will help enhance the quality of life for these children, young people, and their families.
The dinner for the around 60 guests was held in the beautifully decorated indoor arena. Afterwards Andreas shared the story of founding Helgstrand Dressage and the great visons of Global Equestrian Group alongside Michael Grønne Christensen and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen showing the top breeding stallions Fynch Hatton and Hesselhøj Donkey Boy. The auction, in which about 25 items and events were auctioned inclusive elegant jewellery from Helgstrand Fine Jewellery, took place upstairs in Helgstrand's show room. SuperVin who provided wine and other beverages to the guests throughout the evening also provided two checks and the purchase of a wine tasting for the auction.
The auction was conducted by the well-known Danish auctioneer Emil Thorup, which thus brought a lot of fun to the event.
The hospice manager of Strandbakkehuset, Dorit Simonsen, gave a moving speech before the auction and thanked for this event which meant a lot of support for the children and young people.
From Helgstrand we would like to thank all guests for the generous donations. Together we make a difference.
Pictured: Michael Grønne Christensen and breeding stallion Fynch Hatton.
Pictured: Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen and breeding stallion Hesselhøj Donkey Boy.
Successful weekend in Sweden for our rider Lovisa Wessblad and 4-year-old Francisca-D
Pictured: Francisca-D and Lovisa Wessblad together with the owner, Louise Grønhøj.
The past weekend, Helgstrand Team rider Lovisa Wessblad went back home to Sweden to participate at the 2021 Jönköping Horse Show and brought Francisca-D (Franklin/Romanov) with her. And what a welcome.
- She is such a beloved horse, and she gives me the best feeling every time I’m riding her, says Lovisa, who took over the rains only 3 months ago.
Francisca-D is bred by Danish Jørn Damm, which sold her to Helgstrand. She was ridden by another Helgstrand rider until Lovise Grønhøj bought her to secure a future dressage horse for herself. But since she isn’t an experienced young horse rider, she asked her trainer, Lovisa to further educate her.
- Several times I must pinch myself, because I can’t believe I’m the lucky owner of this amazing mare. She just continues to develop so amazingly under Lovisa. I bought her to be my future riding horse, but now I’m learning from a schoolmaster to be able to take over the reins sometime in the future. Now I’m just enjoying every moment when riding her sometimes myself and I’m so happy with all the great work of Lovisa, says Louise Grønhøj.
- I just followed my dream. I have always dreamed of having a good dressage horse, but I always thought I wasn’t good enough to buy a horse from Helgstrand. Lovisa convinced me to talk to Michael Grønne at Helgstrand and now I’m the lucky and proud owner of the Swedish 4yo championship winner and I still can’t believe it, says Louise.
- Helgstrand made the dream come true for me. They have a high number of high-quality 2-, 3- and 4-year-old horses, which a ‘normal’ person like me can afford. And I’m so lucky that I bought Francisca-D, because she has already fulfilled my dreams and I can’t wait to see what the future hold for us, adds Louise.
- We hope to qualify her for the Danish Warmblood Young Horse Championship, which takes part during the 2022 Danish Warmblood Main Licensing. After that she deserves a break because she has done beautifully this year, says Lovisa, who is delighted to have such an opportunity.
Francisca-D also took part in the Danish Young Horse Championships last month, where she went straight to the A-final from the preliminary test with a fantastic result in the final.
Another Franklin offspring took home the victory at the 2021 Jönköping Horse Show as Christinelund Dressage brought the 6-yo Kavira by Franklin/Sorento, which Sofie Lexner rode for the win. Christinelund Dressage acquired this amazing horse besides the breeding stallion Janeiro Platinum by Sezuan/UB 40, who Sofie also rode directly into the 1st place.
Foals from the first Nordic International Sales Auction had a very successful weekend at the Danish Young Horse Championship Finals
Pictured: Sir Floresco and Moisés Jover Azuar at the Danish Championship Finals for young dressage horses.
At this year’s Championship Finals at Blue Hors we had the pleasure to see four foals sold at the first Nordic International Sales Auction in 2017. The results show a very high level of horses, which has always been the intention with these auctions.
Sir Floresco won the preliminary class with superior marks
The foals are now 4 years old and three of them qualified directly for Sunday’s finals and one secured a ticket for the final by winning the small final. Sir Floresco, who is by Sir Heinrich and out of a Floresco dam, defined the level in the preliminary class and won with 93.4 points having all scores above 9 and scored phenomenal 9.5 for canter, rideability and perspective. The extremely well-moving and beautiful young horse was shown by our Spanish rider Moisés Jover Azuar, who managed to qualify several horses to the Championship Finals even though he has only been a part of the Helgstrand team for a short period of time. The places were switched a bit in the final and Sir Floresco finished 4th with top scores for the canter and perspective. Sir Floresco is licensed in Westfalen and was appointed 2. reserve champion stallion as a 2.5-year-old and is in addition licensed in Danish Warmblood. Sir Floresco is bred by Jan Wilms and is co-owned by Christianshaab and Helgstrand.
Pictured: Faretti DWB and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen at the Danish Championship Finals for young dressage horses.
The NIS price highlight Faretti DWB won the Small Final
Many for sure remember the Franklin offspring, which was sold for a total of 150,000 euro at the auction. In 2017 she was awarded “Filly of the Year” in Danish Warmblood and a Gold Medal at the Elite Mare Show this year. The wonderful filly has in the meantime turned in to an impressive mare, who won the Small Final with 9.3 points for the trot and 9 for rideability. Faretti DWB derives from a successful breeding combination (Franklin/Don Frederico), which the Danish breeder Henrik Hansen repeated the following year with Faretti II DWB, who also received the highest price at the exclusive NIS foal auction. Faretti DWB was beautifully shown by Mette Sejbjerg Jensen and Faretti DWB is now owned by Mette and Danni Havgaard.
Franklin has this year been namedn Elite Stallion within Danish Warmblood based on his own and his offspring’s results. He sires numerous successful sporthorses and breeding stallions and he is himself on his way to Grand Prix together with Betina Jæger Jensen.
Read more about Franklin’s successful offspring here
Pictured: Rockabye S and Anne-Mette Strandby Hansen at the Danish Championship Finals for young dressage horses.
Revolution offspring in the top
Helgstrand managed to have two stallions named Elite Stallions within Danish Warmblood this year. Other than Franklin, can now take pride in this title, which shows his fantastic ability to pass on his extraordinary qualities. Among the impressive offspring are Helgstrand’s own breeding stallion Rockabye S, who has the internationally successful Belstaff as damsire. Betina Jæger Jensen and Belstaff achieved great results and participated in the prestigious World Championship in Tryon, US and Belstaff has since earned great international success with his owner and rider Dong Seon Kim.
Rockabye S has inhabited his sires’ movements, temper and look, which also resulted in a 6th place in the Young Horse Championship Finals with 87.0 points, a 9 for the trot, 8.8 for the canter and the rideability. The stallion is bred by Sally-Ann Hjorth Schultz and is co-owned by Søren Grønborg and Helgstrand.
Read more about his offspring here
Pictured: Unno and Josefine Hoffmann at the Danish Championship Finals for young dressage horses.
Unna and Josefine Hoffmann among the top
Last but not least we have the well moving Vitalis offspring Unna (damsire: Rock Forever), who together with Josefine Dahl Hoffmann secured a 4th place in the preliminary class with 89.0 points and 9.5 for rideability, 9 for trot, canter and perspective. Josefine is a very successful rider and did also ride the 5-year-old mare RGS Finest Alegra (Finest/Ampére) to a victory in the preliminary class with an impressive score of 95.0 and ended 2nd in the final with a close margin to the winner. Unna is bred by Hendrik Schulte-Märter and Gretel Schulte-Buxloh and is owned by the family Kasprzak.
Nordic International Sales will be held again in 2022.
Tine, Annika and Signe winners of the Helgstrand & Zibrasport Equest Online Tour
Congratulations to the winners of the Helgstrand & Zibrasport Equest Online Tour part 4, who were judged by the successful Helgstrand riders Mette Sejbjerg Jensen, Maria Anita Andersen and Merita Hagrén. The winners receive both ribbons and beautiful gifts from Kingsland.
The participants of the Helgstrand & Zibrasport Equest Online Tour part 4 could chose among to horse classes and one pony class. Tine Thrane with her horse named Zackery was awarded 70.385% for the win and will receive 4 stable bandages and 4 stable wraps from Kingsland in the Helgstrand Medium Tour1* (horse).
In the Helgstrand Small Tour1* (horse), Annika Buchholtz and Frankie-H took the victory scoring 73.148% and secured herself a Kingsland saddle pad and a hut. In the Helgstrand Small Tour1 for pony, Signe Lykke Brix and Natasja placed first winning a grooming bag, a step stool and a hay bag from Kingsland with the winning score of 67.069%.
Congrats to the winners
Besides winning lovely products from Kingsland, top 3 riders will receive ribbons – congrats to all of you.
Helgstrand Medium Tour1* horse
1st place: Tine Thrane and Zackery
2nd place: Anne Trier and Querida
2nd place: Christina Karlsson and Torres
3rd place: Emilie Knudsen Brun and Kayan
Helgstrand Small Tour1* horse
1st place: Annika Buchholtz and Frankie-H
2nd place: Josephine Skov Buch and Kgs. Hørgaard Tornado
2nd place Tine Thrane and Don Corleone
3rd place: Malene Bundgaard and Vesterdams Cashmira
Helgstrand Small Tour1 (pony)
1st place Signe Lykke Brix and Natasja
2nd place: Mathilde Lill and Nørlunds Lady Daniella
3rd place:: Silje Moesby Ovesen and Hesselbjerges Aston Martin
You find all the results online at zyberride.com. Ribbons and gifts will be send directly to the winners, when we have their addresses.
Improve your skills
ZyberRide is created by Helgstrand Dressage and Zibrasport Equest, and the purpose of the online dressage platform is to give you the opportunity to supplement your training and physical competition activity with new online options. By participating in online events, you get qualified and constructive feedback of you and your horse/pony’s performance, without having to go to a show venue.
ZyberRide offers dressage programs at different levels, where you will be judged and get good advice and feedback from some of the dressage sport’s great profiles. ZyberRide is not meant to replace physical event participation but should be seen as a supplement to your training,development, and event participation. We hope that ZyberRide can contribute to your development and training, and we look forward to seeing your rides.
Helgstrand acquires successful Grand Prix horse Filipa
Pictured: Hana Vášáryová and Filipa.
The demand for top dressage horses continues to increase and Helgstrand is constantly looking for successful horses to add to the selection of high-quality horses. And with the acquisition of the 12-year-old Westphalian mare Filipa (by Fidertanz x Sandro Hit), ridden by Hana Vášáryová, Helgstrand has secured yet another successful Grand Prix horse.
The mare was bought by DS Pelikán as a filly at an elite Westphalian auction and from the age of four she has been gradually proving her talent in dressage arenas. Many victories and top placings in the competitions for youngsters, followed by the Small Tour and last three years the Grand Prix even on international level; in the meantime, Filipa with Hana became Czech Champion three times and Czech Dressage Horse of the Year. Due to Hana’s maternity duties this spring, Filipa competed in international junior rider category in the saddle with Johanka Vášáryová, who still belongs among children riders based on her age. At CDI Zakrzow she achieved an excellent result of 74%.
- Helgstrand Dressage has been for us for many years the brand of the best quality dressage in the world. We highly appreciate their top professional and at the same time empathic approach, namely of Andreas or Dr. Ulf Möller from Helgstrand Germany. That’s why it is our big pleasure that Filipa has been acquired by them after being with us for 12 years, says Hana Vášáryová on behalf of DS Pelikán.
- We are very thankful for the trust that Hana and DS Pelikán show us. Our customers demand successful and well-trained horses, and we are therefore pleased that we were given this opportunity. We do our utmost to find the perfect match between horse and rider, and Filipa is a talented horse that will fit well for many of our clients, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Pictured: Hana Vášáryová and Filipa.
Riesenbeck International to host the FEI Dressage European Championships 2023
Pictured: Ludger Beerbaum and Andreas Helgstrand at the Riesenbeck International showground. Photo credit: Pauline von Hardenberg.
Recently expanded Riesenbeck International will play host to another major Championship, when the European elite of Dressage and Para Dressage head to the spectacular showground in the Surenburg Forest of Germany.
For many equestrians, the esteemed Riesenbeck International might be synonymous with show jumping and the likes of Ludger Beerbaum, who hosted the Longines FEI Jumping Europeans Championships in September this year.
The Championship saw the debut of the transformed Riesenbeck International, and cemented its status as one of Europe’s most spectacular showgrounds. Wise investments and a massive focus on horse and rider welfare are key factors according to CEO Karsten Lütteken:
“Whether we’re hosting dressage or other disciplines, we’re going above and beyond to secure the best possible settings for riders, horses and spectators alike. Welfare is our main priority and the pillars of hosting fantastic shows for years to come. Therefore, we’re incredibly excited to continue our great collaboration with the FEI and to welcome top dressage riders from all over Europe in 2023.”
The FEI Dressage European Championships will take place in the incomparable ambience of the Surenburg Forest, where Riesenbeck International now operates several outdoor competition arenas, one indoor competition arena and 336 state-of-the-art stalls located just next to the official show office.
Spectators and participants are offered a variety of exclusive dining, exhibition areas, shopping and other first-class facilities, not to mention huge areas for parking and loading.
The comprehensive expansions and modernisation of Riesenbeck International came to be following the acquisition by Global Equestrian Group earlier this year. CEO of the Group Andreas Helgstrand states:
“I have the utmost respect for the entire Riesenbeck team and being a dressage rider myself, I can’t wait to see how they take the FEI Dressage European Championships to a whole new level. You need to be here in the middle of the forest to really feel the unique atmosphere. I’m quite frankly overwhelmed by the beauty and show management of Riesenbeck International, which dressage enthusiasts will also get to experience now. We couldn’t be happier,” Andreas Helgstrand adds.
The exact dates for the FEI Dressage European Championships are yet to be determined, but will likely take place in the beginning of August 2023.
Fiontini will have a future with Anna Buffini
Pictured: Patrik Kittel and Fiontini efter Fassbinder/Romanov. Photo credit: Eurodressage.
Fiontini is a well-known name in the sport – not only because of her distinguished title as a triple World Champion, but also as a contender for the Danish Olympic team with Andreas Helgstrand and subsequently her top placings with the Swedish Olympic rider Patrik Kittel. But during a visit to Patrik’s, the internationally successful Grand Prix rider Anna Buffini has fallen in love with the extremely talented mare, and Fiontini – who was jointly owned by Danish Stud EVO and Helgstrand Dressage – will now have a future in the US.
- It only took me a few seconds to fall in love with her when I rode her the first time. She is a very special horse, but also incredibly sweet. She has a big heart, which is something that means a lot to me when I look for a horse, Anna Buffini says.
American Anna Buffini has had great success as a U25 rider and since then as a senior with Sundayboy (by Kennedy/Zevenaar), (Wilton by Jazz/Contango) and currently FRH Davinia La Douce (by Don Frederico/A Jungle Prince). Among the latest results, Anna impressively placed fourth in the Grand Prix Special at the 5-star show CHIO Aachen this year.
The 11-year-old Fiontini has a spectacular resume with three victories at the prestigious World Championships for Young Horses, several other young horse championship titles in addition to numerous victories and placings up to international Grand Prix level. Patrik Kittel took over the training of the mare in the spring, when Andreas recognised he did not have the time to train a horse with the level of show activity required. Patrik debuted Fiontini this summer and took their first international Grand Prix victory in Grote Brogel, after which they rode their impressive freestyle at CHIO Aachen scoring 83.5%.
- On the one hand, I am incredibly sad that she is now leaving the stable, because I am really happy about her. She is a world-class horse and when I think about our experience in Aachen and watch our ride, I get goosebumps even now. On the other hand, I'm also aware that it is part of the game. The new owner is really lucky to get such a good horse and I have no doubt that they are the perfect match. I will enjoy the last days with Fiontini and of course I wish them the best of luck in the future, where I look forward to following them on their path to success, Patrik Kittel says.
- Fiontini has made headlines no matter what she has participated in. It is rare that we have horses of that calibre in our stable, because she is so unique. Therefore, it is also with a bit of sadness that we are now saying goodbye to her, but I am sure she will have a great future with Anna. She deserves a rider who takes her all the way, and Anna can do that with the help of her skilled trainer, Günter Seidel. Fiontini has been a fantastic ambassador for Helgstrand's high level of horses, and she has truly written herself into Helgstrand's history, Andreas Helgstrand adds.
Following Anna's acquisition of Fiontini, the mare will not compete at the World Cup Herning with Patrik Kittel, but Anna herself is planning for the first show in the new year:
- I look forward to getting her home to the US and getting to know her better. If I feel like we are ready, it is my plan to make our debut in Wellington next year, Anna says.
- Personally, I am very impressed with what Andreas and his team have built. Therefore, it also seemed natural for me to contact Helgstrand when looking for a new horse. It has been a really good experience throughout and with such a large selection of horses, the probability of finding the right match also increases. And that means a lot to me, Anna adds.
Fiontini is by Fassbinder/Romanov, bred by Henrik Hansen and was co-owned by Danish Stud EVO and Helgstrand Dressage.
Pictured: Anna Buffini and FRH Davinia La Douce. Photo credit: Shannon Brinkman.
Helgstrand adds a new profile to the German team
Pictured: Sebastian Horler.
The demand for top dressage horses continues to increase. Therefore, Helgstrand is now teaming up with a well-known German face, Sebastian Horler, who has been employed by Paul Schockemöhle and has several years of experience in training horses, presenting stallions at licensing etc.
- We cannot keep up with the high demand for good dressage horses, which is why we are proud to add another competent profile to the team. Sebastian has solid experience and a good network that we can benefit from, Andreas Helgstrand says.
With a Master Rider education and experience from several sales stables, including Helgstrand's German partner Paul Schockemöhle and Wolfram Wittig, Sebastian Horler has the ideal background to be able to select the good horses. Sebastian is a resident of southern Germany, which will continue to be his base.
- We already cover large areas of Germany, but since there is great potential in southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland, we have chosen to employ Sebastian. He has ridden everything from young horses to Grand Prix horses, participated in the Bundeschampionate, not to mention his experience with stallion licensing. There is no doubt Sebastian has the ideal background to assist us in finding potential breeding stallions and sales horses, Andreas adds.
Sebastian is looking forward to being a part of Helgstrand:
- I have been in contact with Andreas, Ulf and the rest of the team several times regarding sales horses for Helgstrand Dressage. And since I have been extremely pleased with the whole experience, I took the chance when Ulf told me they were looking for someone to help find horses. Needless to say, Helgstrand is a market leader in buying and selling the best dressage horses. And of course, it is a unique opportunity for me to join the team. I look forward to the future collaboration and hope to contribute to Helgstrand's future success.
Super performances in the 6-year-old final
Pictured: Dante's Delight and Betina Jæger Jensen placed 3rd in the 6-year-old final.
It has been a fantastic weekend for the Helgstrand Team with lots of beautiful riding and top places finishing with 4 horses in top 10 of the strong field of 6-year-old horses tonight.
Dante’s Delight (Dante Weltino/Hohenstein) and Betina Jæger Jensen showing so much power scoring 85.6 for the third place with among others 9 for canter and 8.8 for perspective. Dante's Delight is bred by Sonja Gerdes and owned by Allan Hansen.
Rikke Dupont earned 85.4 for the 4th place with the amazing Grand Galaxy Win offspring Nova, who showed a very enjoyable test with lots of potential for future top sport. She is co-owned by Rikke Dupont, Allan Hansen and Helgstrand.
Moving into 6th place, Merita Hagren and De Angelo (Don Schufro/Stedinger) scored 83.4. He is indeed a real eye-catcher as he enters the arena and tonight he delivered a super performance with his natural swinging trot as one of his highlights. Bred by ZG Heinz and Elisabeth Schulte and co-owned by HP Horses, Paul Schokemöhle and Helgstrand.
Find the result of the 6-year-old final here
We are delighted to have such an amazing team qualifying an impressive number of horses for this year’s finals. A huge thank you to the team and also we would like to congratulate breeders and owners on the amazing results. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for these talented young horses.
Pictured: Nova and Rikke Dupont.
Pictured: De Angelo and Merita Hagren.