Springbank II VH second time winner of Breeders Trophy
This weekend our breeding stallion Springbank II VH by Skovens Rafael/De Niro got top scoring by test rider Charlotte Dujardin and won the Breeders Trophy in Flyinge, Sweden.
As World Class rider Charlotte Dujardin did the test ride of 4-year-old Springbank II VH she was overwhelmed by the outstanding qualities of this young stallion.
"Like getting in a Rolls Royce cruising, I just don't know what to say that's incredible, love love love him, his the best 4-year-old I've ever sat on, 10 is just not enough, I give Severo a 10, and I give the breeder a 10, Springbank is my ideal man".
Actually she added that this was indeed the best 4-year-old horse she has ever ridden.
Severo did an amazing job showing Springbank II VH in the preliminary test and won superbly scoring 93%. From Charlotte Dujardin Springbank II VH got maximum score and thus winning the 2018 Breeders Trophy for the second time in a row with a total score of 96,5%.
Find the entire result of the 2018 Breeders Trophy for 4-year-old here.
Video of Charlotte Dujardin and Springbank II VH
Three new top horses for Charlotte Jorst
American based, Charlotte Jorst, who is the founder and owner of the popular equestrian equipment brand, Kastel Denmark, has just bought another three top horses to help her fulfill her dreams of participating at the Olympics; the two breeding stallions Atterupgaard's Botticelli (Benetton Dream/Caprimond E.H.) and Grand Galaxy Win (Apache/Jazz) as well as the Danish young horse champion, Zhaplin Langholt (Zonik/Stedinger).
It is not the first time that the internationally successful Grand Prix rider Charlotte Jorst is visiting her home country, Denmark - because she already bought several talented horses at Helgstrand Dressage like Lorenzo, Kastel's Akeem Foldager and Kastel's Nintendo. With the purchase of three more promising dressage horses, Charlotte is now one step closer to realising her Olympic dreams.
- I already noticed Zhaplin Langholt when he became the best Danish bred horse at the 2017 Danish Equestrian Federation’s Championships. I followed him closely when he got young horse champion in Herning with Andreas in the saddle and attended the 2018 WBFSH in Ermelo. He is one of a kind with his extraordinary gaits, amazing temperament and wonderful rideability. I was convinced after only trying him once. He has everything that is requested by a modern sport horse, said Charlotte Jorst and adds with a smile; and his height fits me perfectly.
- There is no doubt that Zhaplin is a very special horse for me and that's because I had the pleasure of riding him myself. It gives me great pleasure that Charlotte sees the same potential in Zhaplin that I do and I am very much looking forward to following Charlotte and Zhaplin in the future, said Andreas Helgstrand, who hopes to see Zhaplin in Wellington when the competition season begins.
- We are very proud that our customers return time after time. We follow our customers closely on their way as they develop as a dressage rider and it makes us proud when they return to Helgstrand Dressage to find their new dressage prospect in order to fulfill their dreams, said Andreas Helgstrand.
Besides buying Zhaplin Langholt, Charlotte Jorst has bought two of Helgstrand Dressage's breeding stallions, Atterupgaard's Botticelli, who with Severo won silver both at the 2017 Equestrian Federation’s Championships and at the 2017 Danish Championships in Herning and participated at the finals during the 2017 and 2018 WBFSH. In addition, Charlotte has bought Grand Galaxy Win, who was named Champion Stallion of Danish Warmblood 2014 and participated at the 2016 WBFSH. Grand Galaxy Win is father of three sons, who were approved in Danish Warmblood in 2018.
Zhaplin Langholt is already in California at Charlotte's place and later also Atterupgaard's Botticelli is going to the US. Grand Galaxy Win will stay at Helgstrand Dressage, where he continues to be a part of the breeding program and Severo will continue his training.
Andreas and Zhaplin Langholt at the 2018 WBFSH.
So Unique Bundeschampion for 3yo
Last week the 2018 Bundeschampionate in Warendorf took place – a very popular place for both riders and breeders as the best German bred horses compete in order to become Bundeschampions. Both breeding stallions, So Unique and Valverde took part in the big event as well as the 4yo gelding, Eternity.
So Unique by Sezuan/Donnerhall ridden by German Eva Möller showed great power in both the preliminary test and ended up winning the Bundeschampionate for 3yo scoring 9.0 in the finals with 9 for walk, trot, canter, education and exterior.
So Unique and Eva Möller
Silver for Valverde
As for the 4yo Valverde by Vitalis/Ampere with Eva Möller in the saddle came second and took the silver medal in the finals with a total score of 8.80.
Bronze for Eternity
Amongst the 4yo geldings and mares, Eternity by Escolar/Donnerhall ended up third and took the bronze medal. With his very impressive and powerful trot and canter he scored 9 for trot and 9.5 for canter.
Follow this link to view the results of the Bundeschampionate.
Eternity and Hannes Lütt
Helgstrand Dressage Named Title Sponsor of Dressage Discipline at FEI WEG 2018
Mark Bellissimo, CEO of Tryon International Equestrian Center and the Organizing Committee of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018 is proud to announce an unprecedented partnership with Helgstrand Dressage, welcoming them as the Official Discipline Sponsor of Dressage at the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018 (WEG) and a significant expanded presence at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) and Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC).
- We are incredibly honored to present Helgstrand Dressage as title discipline sponsor for Dressage at the FEI World Equestrian Games and announce a landmark partnership with their brand and business at our other venues, which will be a huge commercial advance for the sport of Dressage, said Mark Bellissimo, Managing Partner of Tryon Equestrian Partners and CEO of Tryon International Equestrian Center - and adds; Their involvement in the sport has been impactful, playing a significant role in solidifying the future and continued expansion of the discipline and we are thrilled to have their support at this iconic global event. We look forward to evolving our partnership with Helgstrand Dressage as they continue to grow on this side of the Atlantic and around the world.
Athletes from 33 different countries have been named to the FEI Nominated Dressage Entries List, set to compete at WEG, with ten horses currently selected having strong ties to Helgstrand Dressage, securing their status as a global leader in the production and sale of quality Dressage horses. The discipline itself will take place in U.S. Trust Arena over the course of four days, from September 12-16.
The schedule includes Grand Prix Team and Individual competition on Wednesday, September 12 and Thursday, September 13. The Grand Prix Special will be held on Friday, September 14, and will conclude with the spectacular Grand Pix Freestyle on Sunday, September 16, which will air live on the Olympic Channel, part of NBC Sports Group.
- We are proud that Helgstrand Dressage has been named title sponsor of the Dressage discipline at the FEI World Equestrian Games, and we are excited to have made a significant contribution to the list of participating horses at this grand event as well. The equestrian scene as such and the Dressage discipline in particular are constantly evolving, and it is our ambition to support the development by continuously supplying world-class horses for the athletes, said Andreas Helgstrand, founder and CEO of Helgstrand Dressage.
Helgstrand Dressage employs 70 employees with operations in Germany, Denmark, and now the United States. Helgstrand Dressage has become a name synonymous with success in the breeding and competition industry, producing more than 350 top horses over the last decade. Now, the company has its eye set on giving back to the Dressage community, expanding into North America with aspirations of becoming the "supplier of the future" for world-class Dressage athletes.
The partnership with Helgstrand Dressage will expand beyond the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018, with presence at the major equestrian venues operated by Tryon Equestrian Partners and the Wellington Equestrian Partners. Helgstrand Dressage launched their North American-based business venture this past season in Wellington, FL, which saw incredible success and a massive introduction of top dressage sport horses to the North American market.
The WEG has the potential to be the largest sporting event in North Carolina history with over $400 million dollars of projected economic impact over the 13-day event in September 2018 and is slated to be one of the largest sporting events in the United States in 2018. TIEC and PBIEC are two of the largest operating equestrian facilities in the world and host international and national Dressage competition in both locations.
Nexolia acquires 2 new top mares
Prior to the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses Canada has bought the 7yo Hanoverian gelding Feodoro by Fürstenball x Rosario, who was first in the qualifiers for 6-year-olds last year and a finalist this year. Now Nexolia has acquired two mares as well; the 10-year-old mare Fine Spirit by Fidertanz x De Niro and the 6-year-old mare Fiesta Danza OLD by Fürstenball x Weltmeyer.
Fine Spirit is a proven Grand Prix horse with solid results. Among many great results, she scored 75.4% in the Grand Prix Freestyle in Schenefeld and 74.1% in the Grand Prix in Medingen under Hartwig Burfeind.
Fiesta Danza OLD was the Oldenburg Elite Mare Champion in 2015 and went on to win the 2017 Oldenburg Young Horse Championships in Rastede. She was also a finalist in the 2017 Bundeschampionate as well as reserve for the German team for the 2018 World Young Horse Championships under Bianca Nowag.
Buying these top horses is another step for Canada securing some of the best horses for future competitions as the mares will be bred by embryo transfer and still be competing.
- Buying Fine Spirit and Fiesta Danza is part of our strategy to breed, train and sell top horses. I am overjoyed with these girls being part of the Nexolia team that will be in Wellington this winter. They will be bred by embryo transfer next spring and we will continue our good collaboration with the Helgstrand team as the product of those mares will be raised, trained and sold together with Helgstrand, said Vicky Lavoie, President at Nexolia.
- We are so happy, that Vicky has bought another two horses from Helgstrand Dressage. This is a great step for Nexolia towards building a successful sales and training centre in Canada. The collaboration is very important to Helgstrand Dressage as we now have a business partner in Canada that we can trust in order to expand our business in this area, says Andreas Helgstrand, founder and CEO of Helgstrand Dressage.
Like Glenn S&S and Feodoro, the mares will be renamed Nexolia Fine Spirit and Nexolia Fiesta Danza OLD and will change location to join Helgstrand Dressage USA in Wellington, Florida for the show season.
Alexander wins three times silver
Alexander and Adriano have just returned from the 2018 European Championships for ponies after winning three times silver at his first European Championships.
Alexander had an exceptional run at his first European Championships in Bishop Burton, England winning three times silver with Adriano B. They won team silver together with the rest of the Danish team consisting of Sophia Winther Andersen and Der Harlekin B, Maja Emilie Leth and Goldfever Hella Bella as well as Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Gee Gee. Actually, Alexander and Adriano individually placed second in the team competition scoring 75.371%.
The result of the team competition:
1. Germany – 226.286 points
2. Denmark – 219.028 points
3. The Netherlands – 218.715 points
Saturday and Sunday the individual tests took place and once again Alexander and Adriano won silver both in the individual test scoring 75.486% after an counting error and in the freestyle scoring impressive 80.275%.
Alexander and Adriano B.
Double gold for Helgstrand Dressage
Not only the Helgstrand team, but the entire Danish dressage world are celebrating, that two breeding stallions won gold at the 2018 LONGINES FEI/WBFSH World Breeding Dressage Championships in Ermelo; the 5-year-old Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto and the 6-year-old D'Avie by Don Juan de Hus/Londonderry.
- We are extremely happy with the results of this year's WYCH. It's hardly understandable and sometimes I have to squeeze my arm to understand that it's really true. Winning gold at the WCYH among the very best dressage horses is a huge achievement, but winning two times gold is almost impossible, says Andreas Helgstrand very proud.
Revolution and Andreas World Champion
Revolution has despite his young age already achieved a lot. As 2-year-old he broke the record for all German stallion auctions, where he was bought by Helgstrand Dressage for euro 1.2 million. Since then, the stallion has been on everyone's lips and has been very positively noticed at stallion licensing shows, championships and now at the WCYH.
- Revolution is something special. The stallion has stolen my heart from day one. He has everything that a modern breeder asks for and with the results of this weekend, he once again showed that he has was it takes to be in the very top, says Andreas.
Revolution and Andreas won both the 5-year-old qualifier and the finals with impressive marks. In the finals they achieved 2 x 10 for canter and perspective as well as 9.8 for trot, 9 for walk and 9.3 for submission and thus a total score of 9.62.
Just before the WCYH, Helgstrand Dressage bought another top stallion, the 5-year-old Devonport by Dancier/Ravello, which did an amazing job with his rider Rieke Schnieder scoring 8.52 in the 5-year-old qualifier. Devonport finished 11th in the finals scoring 8.54.
Andreas and Revolution.
He came, he saw, he conquered
D'Avie also participated at the 2017 WCYH with Spanish rider Severo Jurado López, where they finished among the best in the finals. The past year, they have been training with the aim of winning a medal. After seeing the competitors in the preliminary test, they managed to give the maximum power in the finals with the result of becoming world champion for 6-year-old horses with 10 for canter, 9.8 for trot, 9.5 for perspective, 9 for submission and 8 for walk.
- D'Avie was amazing in the preliminary test, but I knew for sure that we should be even better if we should manage to win the finals - so we did, says Severo with a smile and continues; D'Avie is a unique horse, which I also hope to ride at next year's WCYH.
It was not only Revolution and D'Avie, who did well among the breeding stallions from Helgstrand Dressage - also Atterupgaard's Botticelli by Benneton Dream/Caprimond placed 13th in the finals with Severo and Andreas finished 10th with Ferrari OLD by Foundation/Blue Hors Hotline.
- Once again, we proved that we not only have some of the world's best horses, but also some of the best riders and grooms. It's an amazing team, which is stronger than ever before. Marianne and I are so proud of all of you, you are doing a great job and without you, this wasn't possible, says Andreas.
Helgstrand Dressage brought 10 horses to Ermelo this year, all of which except one went on to the finals. Although this will be difficult to accomplish again, Helgstrand will definitely try to repeat the success next year.
Severo and D'Avie.
Alexander no 1 on FEI World ranking list
Alexander is soon on his way to the European Championship in England with Adriano B. but he for sure has another reason to be proud, because he is now ranked number one on the FEI World Ranking List.
Alexander and Adriano B. did a great job both at the Aalborg Dressage Event, the Equitour Aalborg, the Future Champions in Hagen as well as at the Nordic Championship in Drammen. He achieved great results, among others he won team silver and an individual 3rd place in the freestyle achieving 75.1% in Hagen.
Ready for European Championship
Alexander and Adriano B. is looking forward to the European Championship, which takes place in Bishop Burton, England, from August 7th to August 12th.
The Danish team consists of:
- Alexander Yde Helgstrand and Adriano B
- Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Gee Gee
- Maja Emilie Leth and Goldfevers Hella Bella
- Sophia Winther Andersen and Der Harlekin B
Suarez popular in Sweden
In the 2018 breeding season the two 3yo breeding stallions, Suarez by Sezuan/Desperados and Ferdades by Fürstenball/Donnerhall have only been available to the Swedish breeders since they have been stationed at Gränsbo Stuteri. Considering the number of coverings until July 1st in Sweden it has turned out to be a very good decision as Suarez has been the most used stallion of the season.
Suarez is by the three times World Champion Sezuan and damsire Desperados, with whom Kristina Bröring-Sprehe won team gold and individual bronze at the Olympics in Rio 2016.
6 of the 10 most popular stallions from Helgstrand Dressage
Also in Denmark, the stallions from Helgstrand Dressage are very popular. The index of July shows, that 6 of the 10 most popular stallions come from Helgstrand Dressage:
1. BLUE HORS ZACKEREY DVH 1265
2. FRANKLIN DVH 1147 2 DV 2018
3. JANEIRO PLATINUM DVH 1309
4. SPRINGBANK II VH DVH 1262
5. D'AVIE DVH 1200
6. HESSELHØJ DONKEY BOY DVH 1199
7. BLUE HORS FARRELL DVH 1178
8. REVOLUTION DVH 1234
9. QUATERHIT DVH 1266
10. BLUE HORS FIFTY CENT DVH 1258
Suarez and Mette.
Best dressage foals by Franklin
Each summer in July and August several foal shows take place in Denmark organised by Danish Warmblood. This weekend four foal shows took place and the common factor for all shows was, that offspring by Franklin (Ampére/Ferro) were among the very best and thus selected to participate at the Elite Mare and Foal Show in September at Vilhelmsborg. Several other stallions by Helgstrand Dressage were also represented including Revolution, Quaterhit, Valverde and D'Avie.
Below you find the results of the offspring by Helgstrand's stallions.
Foal show in Ringsted – region 2
- Best dressage filly: Nordstrands Qisya by Quaterhit/Blue Hors Hertug, bred by Gitte Nordstrand Larsen.
- Second best dressage filly: Valvera by Valverde/Sezuan, bred by Henrik Hansen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Faretti II by Franklin/Don Frederico, bred by Henrik Hansen and owned by Christianshaab Aps.
- Best dressage colt: Worres Fly High by Franklin/Dr. Doolittle, bred by June and Mogens Worre-Jensen.
- Second best dressage colt: Festival by Franklin/Charmeur, bred by Henrik Hansen.
Foal show in Sdr. Hygum – region 4
- Best dressage filly: Rhapsodie S by Revolution/Blue Hors Zack, bred by Sally and Flemming Schultz .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Gørklintgårds Panthera by Franklin/Sandro Hit, bred by Jørgen Ravn.
- Second best dressage colt: Diaz Skovvang by D’Avie/De Noir, bred by Marie Hedegård Pedersen.
Foal show in Ikast - region 6
- Best dressage colt: Frederik by Franklin/Dancier , bred by Erik, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
- Second best dressage filly: Lipas Athena by Franklin/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Paul Jacobsen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Sezá by Franklin/Tailormade Temptation, bred by Hanne Hertzberg, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
Foal show in Hjallerup - region 7
- Best dressage filly: Florencia Lightfoot by Franklin/Michellino, bred by Annette Lyngs and Torben Damsbo.
- Second best dressage filly: Charleen M by Springbank II VH/Sandro Hit, bred by Sanne Mathiasen .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.
- Best dressage colt: Tophøjs Faustino by Franklin/Blue Hors Don Romantic, bred by Anette Nilausen and Niels-Jørgen Johansen.
- Second best dressage colt: Rønbjerg's Jambaleo by Jambeau, bred by Stald Rønbjerg .
- Third best dressage colt and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Respect S by Revolution/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Bitten Kjettrup Thomsen.
Reserve for the Elite Foal Show, Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.