KASK new exclusive partner to Helgstrand Dressage
Helgstrand has recently entered several new partnerships with brands in the equestrian sport, which not only creates great benefits for Helgstrand's employees and the development of the company but also helps the partners to achieve greater visibility in the sport. Most recently, Helgstrand can now welcome KASK, which specializes in exclusive and innovative riding helmets.
- KASK has designed some phenomenal products, where innovation, quality and safety go hand in hand. Of course, safety must be paramount when riding horses – there is no doubt about that. But what KASK early saw, was that the demand for unique products rises. A trend that they meet with at large selection of products, which can be tailor-made to the individual in terms of comfort and design, says Andreas Helgstrand, CEO and founder of Helgstrand Dressage, who welcomes the new partnership.
KASK is a leading Italian helmet manufacturer which since 2004, the year KASK was founded, has as mission to balance technological innovation, functionality, safety, comfort and their exclusive ‘Made in Italy’ design, always looking for ways to go beyond and improve the quality of KASK helmets even further. But like Helgstrand’s other partners, KASK sees great synergies in branding itself with the world´s leading dressage sales stable.
- This new collaboration with one of the most important dressage stables in the world represents a source of great pride and satisfaction for our company and we expect it will continue in the years to come. As a new partner of Helgstrand Dressage we look forward to accompanying their athletes during competitions both at national and international level, guaranteeing maximum safety and comfort - said Diego Zambon, General Director of KASK.
- We welcome the new collaboration, and personally I am looking forward to seeing when everyone is wearing a KASK helmet. Because it is just more accomplished when we all wear the same equipment across our divisions – and not least when we go to competitions and welcome customers. And having said that, I am sure we can make a positive contribution to KASK's continued development into a reputable international brand in the equestrian sport, Andreas adds.
- KASK has big visions, and it fits in perfectly with Helgstrand. They have a range of fantastic products that we can help brand across our platforms. The process with KASK has been very professional, and I am pleased with the result and the further development, says Martin Thorbøll Pedersen, Head of Event & Partnership at Helgstrand Dressage.
From May, you will be able to see Helgstrand's riders wearing the new riding helmets.
Global Equestrian Group Acquires Show Grounds Live and Gold Coast Feed Companies
Wellington, FL – March 16th, 2022 – Global Equestrian Group announced on March 16th that it has acquired two new companies in the United States to expand and support their U.S. market operations.
Located in Wellington, FL, Gold Coast Feed is the official feed and bedding supplier of Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). Servicing those at the Winter Equestrian Festival and Adequan® Global Dressage Festival showgrounds in the winter, Gold Coast Feed also distributes year-round to farms in Wellington and the surrounding areas.
“We see tremendous potential in Gold Coast Feed,” said Global Equestrian Group CEO Andreas Helgstrand. “The company has a prime location and good range of quality products. Gold Coast Feed already supplies PBIEC, so we are familiar with the company and their services. By adding this company to our group, we can enhance both service level and our great outreach to the equestrian market in Florida.”
ShowGrounds, LLC (aka showgroundslive.com)is located in Shelburne Falls, MA, and operates as the show management and streaming provider for equestrian events across the United States & Canada. The company currently assists 17 major showgrounds in operating their results, schedules, orders, videos, and more. Show Grounds Live has a considerable content library with over 1 million videos and accommodates more than 200,000 unique streaming users. The organization employs more than 25 people, including seasonal video operators.
“The ShowGrounds platform fits perfectly with our group,” said Helgstrand. “We have already started an extensive journey on digitalization and acquiring Show Grounds will allow us to take another huge step on this path. With the combined efforts of Show Grounds Live and Global Equestrian Group, we can lift the equestrian event experience to a completely new level.”
In the coming months, the two new companies will be integrated into the group and all companies look forward to serving both existing and new customers.
Ole Hummelshøj new general manager at Helgstrand Academy
Pictured: Ole Hummelshøj and his wife, Laila Wittendorff.
Over time, Helgstrand Dressage has attracted some of the most skilled equestrians, and soon the team will be expanded again. Master rider Ole Hummelshøj takes over for the responsibility of managing Helgstrand Academy, which in addition to housing 180 horses also provides the perfect setting for national and international competitions.
Master rider Maria Anita Andersen has so far been responsible for Helgstrand Academy, but in the future, she will dedicate more of her time to the training part in addition to continuing to be responsible for Helgstrand's skilled master student riders.
- Maria has done a terrific job, where in addition to putting a team of talented people together, she has raised the level of our horses significantly. Maria has competed in national as well as world young horse championships and all the way to the international Grand Prix, and of course, we want to put those competencies more into play. Together, we have decided that she should dedicate more of her time to educating our horses so that we can see her even more in the show arena. Therefore, we have been looking for someone able to replace her and continue at the same high level. And we are sure Ole will be able to do so with his background and many years of experience, states Andreas Helgstrand.
Ole Hummelshøj is an educated master rider, has trained horses up to the international Grand Prix, and has for the past 10 years been managing Grindsted Rideklub with great success. In parallel, he has judged young horse championships. An experience that will be of great value to Helgstrand, which from the beginning has had a strong focus on training young horses for the world elite.
- The demand for good dressage horses is greater than what the market can saturate. Therefore, we acquired Helgstrand Youngsters in 2018, and now we are starting to see the horses under the saddle. We have always focused on the education of the best horses, which the many World Championship medals also support, and here I definitely see Ole's competencies come into play at great value for the place as a whole, Andreas adds.
- I look forward to being a part of the team and contributing to the continued positive development. I am inspired by working with talented people, and I look forward to contributing with new inspiration, lots of energy and good leadership. I am especially looking forward to helping the riders in the daily training, says Ole Hummelshøj.
Both Ole Hummelshøj and his wife, Laila Wittendorff, will be part of the team and take up their new positions at Helgstrand in mid-July 2022
Champion Stallion and 5 Premium stallions to Helgstrand
Pictured: Be Sure by Benicio/Scuderia – Champion Stallion in DWB.
A total of 9 four-year-old stallions achieved final approval in Danish Warmblood, and the distinguished title as Champion Stallion went to Be Sure by Benicio / Scuderia. The double Premium Stallion, Be Sure, passed his 35-day test in Danish Warmblood in the autumn with the second-highest score and impressed the judges for this year's selection too. Be Sure has developed quite exceptionally, and we look forward to seeing further development.
Sunday also offered the selection of the 3-year-olds, who have been shown on hard surface, in the lounge and in the free presentation. The judges had selected the stallions based on various parameters such as type, movements, bloodlines and so on, and a total of 12 of Helgstrand's 3-year-olds received one year of breeding approval in DWB. In addition, a total of 5 stallions were awarded Premium stallions - and all of them came from Helgstrand.
The following 5 stallions were appointed Premium Stallions in Danish Warmblood 2022:
Opoque by All At Once / Davino
Åtoftens Jovani by Jovian / Benneton Dream
Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz
Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio
Don Sarkozy by Don Allegro / Sarkozy
Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever
Flashy by Floricello / Ampere
Joshua by Jovian / Belissimo M
Value by Valverde / Floriscount
Expresso by Escolar / Samarant
Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH /Zalando
Pictured: Åtoftens Springtime by Springbank II VH / Zalando for the inspection of DWB´s 10-day test.
Only two stallions inspected in Danish Warmblood
Due to the new opportunity for stallions to be tested in Germany, Helgstrand had chosen to let a total of 16 stallions register for a 2-day test in Germany next month. On the first day, the stallions are shown on hard surface and under their own rider. On the second day, they are judged by a test rider. Since the stallions are already active in breeding and more will be in Germany, we chose this model. The German test also provides another opportunity to see the stallions, as there are live streams from both tests.
Liam by Livaldon / Warkant / Sherlock Holmes
Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo
Feinsten by Franklin / Rock Forever / Florestan I
Flashy by Floricello - Ampere - Stedinger
Opoque by All At Once / Davino / Fürst Heinrich
Sparkling by Springbank / Fürst Romancier / Desperados
Incredible by Indian Rock / For Romance I / K2
Vogue by Vitalis / Fidertanz / Sandro Hit
Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II
Quelle Couleur by Qaside MD / Captain Fire / Power
Geronimo G by Glamourdale / Escolar / Fürst Heinrich
Veto by Vitalis / Sir Donnerhall I / De Niro
Value by Valverde / Floriscount / Lauries Crusador xx
Åtoftens by Jovian / Benneton Dream
Pictured: Opoque by All At Once / Davino – Premium Stallion in DWB.
Pictured: Elastic by Escolar / Dimaggio / Wolkentanz II - Premium Stallion in DWB.
Pictured: Fifty-Fifty by Fürst Toto / Royal Classic / Fürst Piccolo - Premium Stallion in DWB.
Merita and Gandhi finished third in the young horse championship
The young horse championship consists of three judgments, and the last one is with a test rider. Daniel Bachmann Andersen tested the first half on Saturday, and the rest had to be test ridden on Sunday. Therefore, we kept the excitement until the last, but unfortunately, Merita and Gandhi SS (Grand Galaxy Win/Florencio) had to see themselves beaten, but it still turned into a nice third place in a field with a lot of good Danish bred horses.
Great to be back in Herning
Even though the selection part fills a lot, there is much else on the program when Danish Warmblood occupies the exhibition centre in Herning for 5 days with experiences in a class of their own. Read on and hear about all the many results from Saturday during the stallion selection.
Pictured: From the presentation of the 3-year-olds in the lounge. Experienced Christian Springborg makes sure that the stallions show themselves in the best way.
3-year-old stallions in the spotlight
Let us start with the 3-year-old stallions, which all have to go through three inspections. On Thursday, they were shown on hard surface in front of the judging committee, while being shown in the lounge and in the free presentation on Friday. On the basis of the stallions' performance and a number of other parameters, the judges assess whether the 3-year-olds are allowed one year of breeding approval in Danish Warmblood. To get the final approval, they must be presented as 4-year-olds if they pass their 35-day test in the fall. All the 3-year-olds have presented themselves in a very nice frame, especially our premium- and reserve champion stallions did an outstanding job. Moreover, we are incredibly proud that several stallions sired by current and former Helgstrand stallions had found their way to the licensing, among others offspring by Jovian, Franklin, Janeiro Platinum and Springbank II VH. Saturday is a rest day for the colts, and then the decision falls Sunday.
Pictured: Be Sure by Benicio/Scuderia and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen.
As many as 9 four-year-olds with final breeding approval in DWB
For the 4-year-olds, the program is less crowded, although they have the opportunity to join the presentation classes with the older stallions. Although it was a bit overwhelming to step into Boxen for some, others took it with exalted calm. And the older stallions could truly show how far they have come in their training. True to tradition, Bjarne Nielsen commented and here it turned into funny comments, anecdotes and good tips for the dressage riders. Bjarne is a tributary piece, and with good energy and mood he makes the stallion presentations a real party.
Sunday is results day with the appointment of the 4-year-old Champion stallion, 3-year-old Premium stallions and so on.
Picture: Gandhi SS after Grand Galaxy Win/Florencio and Merita Hagrén.
Merita and Gandhi in the lead
Last year, the 4-year-old Danish Warmblood bred horses competed for the prestigious places for this year's young horse championship. A total of 47 now 5-year-old horses had found their way to Herning, and here Gandhi SS (Grand Galaxy Win / Florencio) won both preliminary tests. The third and final test is with a test rider, and Gandhi made a very good impression on test rider Daniel Bachmann Andersen. Daniel shared out words of praise, where he for example commented on the trot as being energetic and powerful as well as the canter being nice uphill. A horse he could just keep cantering on because it gave such a good feeling. Daniel also highlighted how well-prepared he seemed, as a beautiful recognition to his rider, Finnish Merita Hagrén. Gandhi got two 9s and is thus in second place, just one point from first place.
Worth mentioning is also, that the list of candidates consisted of several horses sired by current and former Helgstrand stallions. Actually, Revolution stood out in particular with as many as 22% of the participating young horses. This testifies to the great rideability and impressive paces he manages to pass on to his offspring.
In the class, we also brought Francisca-D, sired by Franklin. She was acquired by Louise Grønhøj, who has an agreement with our rider, Lovisa Wessblad about the continued training.
Pictured: Eric Martinez and Indigo by Dream Boy/Kennedy.
Eric with a double victory on Indigo
Indigo is 9 years old and sired by Dream Boy / Kennedy. Indigo and Eric won both the 3-star Prix St. George as well as the Intermediare I. Moreover, Marianne also participated with Elverhøj’s Raccolto, which is by Sezuan / Sandro Hit as well as Alexander and his relatively new partner, Belantis, which is by Benetton Dream / Expo.
Gala show with the headline "The Show must go on"
In Friday's and Saturday's gala show with the headline "The show must go on", Helgstrand joined with several horses and riders. We had the opportunity to show some of our breeding stallions, Alexander Helgstrand was part of the show "Men in the Equestrian sport", father and son - Hesselhøj Donkey Boy and his son, Downtown rode together, while Andreas finished the show on respectively Queenpark's Wendy and Jovian Saturday and Sunday. Another festive show with some important messages along the way as well as a flashback at some of last year's impressive results in the Danish Warmblood.
Pictured: Alexander Helgstrand and Quarton.
Pictured: Iron by Ibiza/Hohenstein and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen.
9 Helgstrand stallions with final approval in DWB
Yesterday marked the beginning of this year's Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing. While the 3-year-old stallions already have been presented on hard surface, the time has come to show the 4-year-old and older stallions under the saddle at the Danish Stallion Licensing in Herning, Denmark. Last year, the 4yo received one year of breeding approval and finished the DWB 35-days test with great results.
Today, Helgstrand presented a total of 9 stallions and all of them received their final approval in Danish Warmblood.
Fortunate by Foundation/Quaterback
Be Sure By Benicio/Scuderia
Bonjour by Bon Coeur/Fürst Nympenburg
Straight Horse Finest Hour by Franklin/Zack
For Real by Farrell/Lord Loxley I
Franzé by Franklin/Sezuan
Rosebank VH by Revolution/Dalwhinnie
Zanetti by Zoom/Fürst Romancier
Vitalos by Vitalis/De Niro
Tomorrow, the 3-year-olds will be presented in the lounge followed by the free presentation. Sunday we are looking forward to receiving the final result of this year's stallion licensing.
Pictured: Be Sure By Benicio/Scuderia and Mette Sejbjerg Jensen.
Pictured: Bonjour by Bon Coeur/Fürst Nympenburg and Eric Guardia Martinez.
Pictured: For Real by Farrell/Lord Loxley I and Jeanna Högberg.
Pictured: Fortunate by Foundation/Quaterback and Michael Grønne Christensen.
Pictured: Franzé by Franklin/Sezuan and Moisés Jover Azuar.
Isabell Werth, new rider of So Unique
Pictured: So Unique and Eva Möller earning the Bundeschampion title in Warendorf.
The picture-perfect and highly impressive So Unique lives up to his name with the success he has already achieved. Double premium stallion, stallion performance test winner, Bundeschampion, winner of the 4-year-old class at the World Championship for young dressage horses in Ermelo are just some of the highlights from the career of the only 7-year-old Sezuan son. And now one of the world’s most successful dressage riders of all time will have the pleasure of further training this charismatic horse to hopefully enter the big arena one day.
- I’m very very happy and grateful that Madeleine bought this great, unique horse for me, Isabell Werth said after So Unique arrived at her stable.
- We spotted his potential at a very young age and he has proven himself to be one of the best. Among his greatest sporting achievements so far count Bundeschampion as a 3-year-old in Warendorf and winner of the 4-year-old class at the World Championship for young dressage horses in Ermelo. Two impressive achievements among young horses. We have been extremely happy with him and can only express our gratitude to Eva Möller for educating such an exceptional horse. Now we look forward to seeing Isabell take him on to international dressage, says a proud Andreas Helgstrand.
Not long ago, Isabell's sponsor, Madeleine Winter-Schulze, acquired Majestic Taongo by Toto Jr./Jazz from Helgstrand, and now Isabell can add another talented young horse from Helgstrand to her stable, which already includes the Sezuan son, Joshua.
So Unique is by the three-time World Champion, Sezuan, who is now successful under Patrik Kittel in international Grand Prix. The damsire Donnerhall belongs to one of the most influential breeding stallions of all time.
So Unique has already settled in well at Isabell’s place. He was co-owned by Stald Kleppenhus by Cathrine Rasmussen and Helgstrand Dressage.
Sa'Va' begins new chapter in Sweden
Pictured: Grevens Sa'Va' and Alexander Helgstrand together with Sa'Va's new owner, Olga Fischer.
Since 2018, Grevens Sa'Va' (by Soprano/Romancier) has been paired with 18-year-old Alexander Helgstrand, helping him make a successful transition from pony to horse thanks to her experience in sport. With great results at the Danish Dressage Championships, the Danish ECCO Cup tournament and internationally at junior level, the time has come for Sa'Va' to face a quieter life in Sweden with Olga Fischer at Hunneberga Gård near Flyinge, Sweden.
- Sa'Va' is just one of a kind, and she has taught me so much. It's always a big step to go from pony to horse, but I've hardly felt it. I've had so many great experiences with her and I know Olga will take good care of her, says Alexander.
- Sa'Va' has already settled in well with her new owner, where she continues to get plenty of time in the field, but is still kept busy. Because like many horses that have been competing at advanced level, they don't just thrive on being put in a field. Olga will look after her and I'm sure Sa'Va' can teach her a thing or two as well. That's why we know we've found the perfect match for Sa'Va', which was really important to us, adds Andreas.
Alexander has recently taken over the reins of Isabell Werth's Grand Prix horse, Belantis, and an exciting future now awaits the new pair, who are well on their way to getting to know each other.
Job openings at Helgstrand
Job opening: interesting position as veterinarian assistant
Right now, we are searching for a veterinarian assistant having experience with horses to join our team at Helgstrand Dressage in Denmark and help our veterinarian.
As our new veterinarian assistant, you will be working together with our veterinarian and assisting him with his daily duties. During the day you will be assisting orthopedic cases, helping with taking x-rays, ultrasounds, and all kinds of other things regarding the health of a horse. It can be a really interesting job for someone who is interested in sports horses and their health.
What we are able to offer you:
- the opportunity to assist our veterinarian who is doing the orthopedic work and vet check’s and gain valuable knowledge within this field
- a great job if you are interested in studying to become a veterinarian assistant or even a veterinarian
The person who we are looking for should:
- have experience in handling horses
- be older than 18-years due to radiation
- be responsible and proactive by anticipating what work needs to be done
- speak English as our veterinarian is from Holland
We are looking for a full-time employee with the possibility to start as soon as possible. Depending on your knowledge and experience we are offering a competitive salary.
How to apply
For more information about Helgstrand Dressage, please visit our website; www.helgstranddressage.com.
Job Opening: Helgstrand is searching for an experienced reproduction veterinarian
Right now, we are searching for a veterinarian having some years of experience within the area of reproduction to join our team at Helgstrand Dressage in Denmark and assist our current veterinarian.
Helgstrand is one of the world’s leading sales and training centre with approximately 600 horses and 150 employees located in both Denmark, Germany, and the United States. Helgstrand Dressage purchases, develops, and sells elite dressage horses offering an outstanding service to customers all over the world. With world-class facilities and a highly skilled team of professionals, Helgstrand Dressage sets international standards for the future dressage sport.
Moreover, we breed our own top horses in order to meet the increasing demand for elite dressage horses combining some of our best mares and breeding stallions. In order to keep the mares in the sport, we are searching for a veterinarian independently being responsible for the reproduction. As a reproduction veterinarian, you know the importance of being flexible to succeed in the job.
What we are able to offer you:
- being responsible for the reproduction for around 10-15 mares (embryo’s), teeth and all the first line other things around the property. Experience with flushing embryo’s is a must!
- the opportunity to assist/work together with our current veterinarian who is doing the orthopedic work helping him with the vet check’s (clinical and radiological)
- something other than working on a clinic and the good part no shifts (just on call for our own horses)
- varied job with future perspective and a lot of personal responsibility
- possibility to go to courses and go to a congress
We are looking for a full-time employee with the possibility to start as soon as possible. Depending on your knowledge and experience we are offering a competitive salary.
For more information about Helgstrand Dressage, please visit our website; www.helgstranddressage.com. We are looking very much forward to hearing from you.
Job opening: Helgstrand Dressage is searching for grooms for our team
Are you looking for a job with horses as a focal point, where you can bring your own horse and develop yourself, make a lot of new friendships and see the horse world from the inside?
Then the job as a groom at Helgstrand Dressage might be something for you.
As a groom at Helgstrand Dressage, you help to prepare the horses for the rider with whom you will be working. This includes grooming and saddling the horses, and everything that goes with this. In addition, there are tasks such as taking the horses in and out from the paddocks, helping in the stable, and if you like you will have the opportunity to help at competitions and events.
In your spare time, there are plenty of opportunities to spend time with your new colleagues. Several of the employees have brought their own horses, which they sometimes train together after work, and otherwise, there is great support for eating together or other pleasant activities.
From you as a person, we expect that you are used to handling horses, attending work regularly, are smiling, and have the drive and willigness to learn and develop your personal skills.
The position is a full-time position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Lars Petersen to be in charge of Helgstrand USA
Pictured: Lars Petersen and Mariett. Photo: Sara Hellner Photo.
When Waterland Private Equity bought them into Helgstrand, an exciting journey started – and once again it led us across the Atlantic to the equestrian mecca of Wellington, Florida, USA. Because here we have just entered into an agreement with one of the dressage sport's biggest profiles of all time, the successful dressage rider and trainer, Lars Petersen, who was born in Denmark.
- We are very proud to welcome Lars to Helgstrand Dressage. Lars has an in-depth knowledge of the USA and has built up a large network over the past many years. But it has not yet fully dawned on me, that he has said yes. It is really big for us, says a happy Andreas Helgstrand, owner and founder of Helgstrand Dressage.
Over the past 17 years, Lars and his wife, American Melissa Taylor, have built a successful business in Wellington, Florida, where Helgstrand recently announced the acquisition of the area's most attractive show venue, the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center. He has achieved many victories and competed well-known horses such as Uffe Korshøjgaard, Mid-West Ibi-Light, Blue Hors Cavan, and much more. He has competed at the World Cup, European Championship, WEG, and Olympics over time and has built up valuable experience and most recently helped to develop some of the USA's most successful and upcoming riders - skills that now benefit Helgstrand.
- It takes time to make a name for yourself in the US, but we are well on our way. Lars is respected worldwide for his achievements as both rider and trainer, and it has great value for us in the desire to expand our activities in the US, where we see a huge unfulfilled potential, adds Andreas, who has had a good friendship with Lars throughout his professional career.
Lars Petersen and Melissa Taylor will both be part of Helgstrand USA, which they are looking very much forward to. While Lars gets the overall responsibility, Melissa will help with all the practical stuff around the horses.
- I have enormous respect for what Andreas has built up, and I look forward to being a part of the further journey. I will do my utmost to make Helgstrand USA an even greater success and continue the amazing work that Dr. Ulf Möller and his team have started, in collaboration with them, says Lars Petersen, who notes that the sport is currently undergoing an impressive development in Wellington in parallel with an increasing demand for top dressage horses.
- It's a dream come true for us. We are very overwhelmed by this opportunity. For whom do not want to be a part of something so big - we will at least do our part to make Helgstrand even more successful here in Wellington and contribute to many more riders getting their dream come true, adds Lars, who is looking forward to getting started.
Lars Petersen and Melissa Taylor will take up their new positions at Helgstrand Dressage USA on April 1st, 2022, while Dr. Ulf Möller will continue to lead Helgstrand Germany and be part of Helgstrand USA during the competition season.