+45 21 41 61 06
13.00 - 16.00
Bengtsson and Helgstrand establish a sales stable for elite show jumping horses in Germany
Rolf-Göran Bengtsson and Helgstrand Dressage have started a new partnership named Bengtsson & Helgstrand GmbH.
The new company will focus on elite jumping horses. The sales stable will be based in Germany, where Rolf-Göran and his wife Evi will run the new company from their current premises in Itzehoe, Germany.
Rolf-Göran Bengtsson is recognised as one of the best show jumpers in the world, having won two Olympic medals (2004, 2008), four European Championship medals, including a gold in 2011 and winner of the Global Championship Tour in 2016. He will be responsible for training and developing the horses in Bengtsson & Helgstrand GmbH.
Helgstrand Dressage was founded in 2008 by 2008 Olympic rider Andreas Helgstrand and is today one of the largest sales stables in the World within elite dressage horses, located in Denmark, USA and Germany.
- We are very excited about the partnership with Rolf-Göran and Evi whom we have known for many years, says Andreas Helgstrand. By combining our experience in building a successful sales stable and Rolf-Göran’s unique talent within show jumping we believe this would be a fantastic opportunity to offer something special for customers, riders and breeders.
- Our aim is to build a show jumping sales stable with the same emphasis on quality, customer focus and (eventually) inventory depth that Helgstrand has created within the dressage world, says Rolf-Göran. In that regard Helgstrand Dressage is the ideal partner for us.
Foals for this year's Nordic International Sales
This year's exclusive foal auction, Nordic International Sales sponsored by Stutteri EVO, is approaching and we are looking for elite dressage foals to take part in the auction. Also, this year the auction will take place during the international show, Equitour Aalborg, at Helgstrand Academy.
The collection will contain app. 20 foals. To be considered for the auction, the foal must have a pedigree consisting of four generations of licensed individuals.
How to register your foal
The auction committee will, together with Helgstrand Dressage, review the foals, after which the owner will get informed, whether the foal must attend one of the inspections.
The inspection will take place at three locations, after which the auction committee will make the final selection for the auction, which will take place on Saturday May 26th.
On Monday May 7th at 10:00-12:00 at Vilhelmsborg, Aarhus, Denmark
On Monday May 7th at 16.00-18.00 at Atterupgaard, Jystrup, Denmark
On Tuesday May 8th at 12.00-14.00 at Helgstrand Dressage, Aalborg, Denmark
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Louise Ringsbo, Danish Warmblood: tel. +45 61 67 94 93
Per Jensen, Helgstrand Dressage: tel. +45 22 87 60 00
Faretti DWB by Franklin/Don Frederico sold at the 2017 Nordic International Sales for 150.000 euro.
Successful Helgstrand horses in Wellington
Last weekend at the prestigious Adequan Global Dressage Festival in the sunny Wellington, two horses purchased at Helgstrand competed for impressive scores and won both Grand Prix and Prix St. Georges.
In the sunny Wellington, which is also the hometown of Helgstrand Dressage USA, the 2012 London Olympic Games rider David Marcus from Canada, has just won Saturday's Grand Prix with impressive 69.348% on his 10yo gelding by Dimaggio/Weltmeyer, named Dean Martin. This was the horse's third victory in the Grand Prix only competing three times until now.
- I purchased the horse this past summer at Helgstrand’s in Denmark, so it’s a fairly new partnership, says David Marcus and continues; I felt he was a really complete horse in general, with a very good work ethic and three really good gaits.
The same weekend our recently sold Brizard (Romanov/Dunhill H) went to start in the Prix St. Georges with the Australian rider, Kelly Layne, riding the horse for his owner, John McGinty. Kelly and Brizard won the class superbly with impressive 73,235%.
- We had been searching for a horse for John for a long time. He’s 6’4”, so it was hard to find a horse big enough but good enough to be competitive, says Kelly Layne.
John McGinty purchased the horse Brizard at Helgstrand Dressage USA in January this year.
Fiontini sold to Stutteri Evo and Helgstrand Dressage
The three times world champion, Fiontini has just returned from participating in the prestigious gala show during Herning Horse Show. She was honoured together with Helgstrand's Spanish top rider, Severo Jurado López, for their winnings at the World Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo. The successful mare will continue to stay at Helgstrands, but now changes the owner to Stutteri Evo and Helgstrand Dressage.
The three times world champion and 8yo old Danish Warmblood mare, Fiontini by Fassbinder/Blue Hors Romanov, who in October 2016 was bought by the Swedish rider Beata Söderberg, has now been bought in partnership by Stutteri Evo in Vejen, Denmark and Helgstrand Dressage in Vodskov, to ensure a horse towards Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020.
- There is hardly any doubt that Fiontini is a special horse and that she has all the qualities needed to compete internationally. For three years, she has shown her great capacity at the World Championships for Young Horses and we are sure she has what it takes to get in the top when it comes to the Olympics in the summer of 2020, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Most people know this special mare, who have had a unique partnership with Spanish, Severo Jurado López, in recent years.
- We are delighted that Fiontini is staying at our place and for now the plan is that Severo will continue her training. The two are a fantastic match and we have great expectations for their common future, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Fiontini is bred by Hanne Lund and Henrik Hansen.
Open House at Helgstrand Dressage with stallion show on April 7th
This April we are having our Open House and we are really excited about showing you our top stallion collection, which already consist of many new promising young stallions.
The Open House will take place on Saturday, April 7th at 3:00 pm at Helgstrand Dressage, Uggerhalnevej 80, DK-9310 Vodskov. As always admission is free.
Tent with TV screens
To make sure there is plenty of room for everyone this year we are having a big tent next to the arena with TV screens.
After Party – SOLD OUT!
A new tradition was born last year with an After Party – due to this success we are going to continue. You will be able to buy delicious food for 175 DKK per person or 25 Euro, which includes beverages. We hope you stay to join us for this special evening.
Sign up for Helgstrand Dressages After Party below by March 28th - registration for attending the stallion show is not necessary. Payment for food is made directly on the day in cash. We hope that there will be a lot of people this year, so we can have another great party.
The menu consists of:
Cold-smoked salmon with apples, horseradish and soured cream. Served with bread
Air-dried fennel salami with rich salad of beetroot and balsamic vinaigrette. Served with bread
Roasted "Italian style" Porcetta with rosemary potatoes and sauce
Panna Cotta with rhubarb compote and almond crumble.
New international tournament for dressage equestrian amateurs
For many years, there have been amateur tournaments in show jumping and with focus on the joy that these tournaments have led to, Almased Wellness and Helgtrand&Trabjerg have now chosen to join together to create the first amateur tournament for dressage equestrians; Almased Dressage Amateurs.
- We have decided to create an equivalent of the great show jumping tournaments for amateurs in order to give dressage equestrians the same opportunity to participate at the big tournaments as well. We are sure that the participants will have an extraordinary experience when they are having the opportunity to participate in the same top professional surroundings as some of the world's best dressage equestrians, says the founder of Equitour Aalborg and former national coach of show jumping, Jens Trabjerg.
- We are incredibly proud that Almased Wellness has chosen to support the project. We think, that Almased Dressage Amateures is a great initiative to help dressage equestrians on their way to an international career. The tournament can help to clarify the rider's level before seriously relying on an international career in the dressage sport. At the same time, we think that the locations for the tournament mean that more people from the north can test their current level without having to invest a lot of money in transport. International dressage competitions have so far been for a limited group of people, but we want to change that, adds Jens Trabjerg.
Almased Wellness is a German company that has developed products for the health of humans - products that has achieved great success throughout the world.
- It has always been part of our company policy to support sports both locally and internationally. We have developed health products that many athletes use, so when the chance offered to support the first dressage tournament for amateurs, there was no doubt that this project was within our area of interest and thus a natural way to support our business, says Anette Witthöft from Almased Wellness.
How to participate
About Almased Dressage
Amateurs Almased Dressage Amateurs is a new international dressage tournament for amateurs organised by Helgstrand&Trabjerg and presented by Almased Wellness. In 2018, the tournament will take place at four shows; Deutsches Spring- und Dressur-Derby (9-13 May), Pfingstturnier Wiesbaden (18-21 May), Equitour Aalborg (23-27 May) and World Cup Herning (17-21 October).
Allowed to participate in the tournament are dressage equestrians at the age of 26 or older who are not on FEI's world ranking list. The tournament is limited to 24 equestrians for each show, and each rider must bring up to 3 horses.
The tournament is divided by level into the following categories:
- Bronze tour: Prix St. Georges and Intermediate I
- Silver tour: Intermediate I and Intermediate II
- Gold tour: Intermediate II and Grand Prix.
Davos and Garuda sold to American Barbie Asplundh
The American rider Barbie Asplundh has previously bought horses at Helgstrand Dressage and this time she did not have to travel all the way to Denmark to see horses but could only visit Helgstrands newly established sales stable in Wellington, which every winter is transformed into a competition venue for top riders from all over the world.
In December 2017, Helgstrand Dressage launched a sales stable in Wellington, and 23 horses travelled to the new place. Among them were the two geldings, Garuda by Charmeur/Special D/Lux and Davos by Jazz/Sandro Hit/Silvano N. Two very talented horses, whom Barbie fell in love with during her visit at Helgstrand Dressage USA.
- Barbie has previously travelled to Vodskov, Denmark to see horses, but the fact that we can now show the horses in Wellington is just a great advantage. In addition to not having to travel to Denmark to see the horse, our American customers will also not have to take care of all the work involved in transporting a horse to another country - and that we think is first-class service, says Andreas Helgstrand.
- Thank you for bringing such fantastic horses to the USA. Being able to shop for them here was really wonderful. Not having to fly to Europe, and then not having to fly the horses here made a big difference in my decision to buy horses this winter, says Barbie Asplundh.
- There has already been an overwhelming interest in our horses in Wellington. We see a great need of top horses in USA and therefore we are sure, that we also next Winter will have a Helgstrand Dressage USA, says Andreas.
3 premium stallions for Helgstrand Dressage at the 2018 KWPN Stallion Licensing Show
This weekend the 2018 KWPN Stallion Licensing Show took place and with the purchase of three more promising young stallions - including the champion stallion with category no. 553, Kremlin MD by Governor/Rousseau/United, Helgstrand Dressage is now able to set record in the number of participating stallions at this year's stallion show in Herning.
Out of the 120 stallions registered for the stallion show, 53 were approved in the Dutch breeders' society KWPN. Among them were 2 sons by Helgstrand's top stallion Franklin and one by Grand Galaxy Win. Helgstrand Dressage managed to buy three premium stallions; the champion stallion Kremlin MD by Governor/Rousseau/United and the two premium stallions Kadans by Franklin/Jazz and Knock-Out by Expression/Ferro. Knock-Out was bought together with Søren Grønborg, who also is part owner of the top stallion Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto. Governor won silver at the 2017 WCYH in Ermelo for 6yo and Franklin, who was champion stallion at the 2013 KWPN Stallion Licensing Show and in addition won the Dutch performance test.
All three stallions will be presented at the DWB’s stallion licensing 2018.
The results of the 2018 KWPN Stallion Licensing Show:
1. (553) KREMLIN MD e. GOVERNOR/ ROUSSEAU
2. (482) KADANS e. FRANKLIN/ JAZZ
3. (535) KOSTOLANY B e. GLOCK'S TOTO JR./ JAZZ
4. (310) KOJACK e. ARLANDO/ UPHILL
5. (414) KNOCK-OUT e. EXPRESSION/ FERRO
6. (357) KAIMAN e. DARK PLEASURE/ GRIBALDI
7. (376) KEVIN e. DREAM BOY/ KENNEDY
8. (454) KENZO e. FERGUSON/ VIVALDI
Helgstrand establishes stallion station in Germany
Just before new year, Helgstrand Dressage was able to reveal in its Christmas greetings with highlights from 2017 that Helgstrand is now ready to go for another exciting chapter in the Helgstrand history, a stallion station in Germany.
- 2017 has been another year with high demands for semen by our top stallions. In order to meet the growing demand from Germany in particular, we have chosen to establish a stallion station at Dr. Ulf Möller, who together with his wife, Eva is based at Center Sudenhof in Hagen, Andreas Helgstrand says proud.
Recently Helgstrand Dressage has opened a sales stable in Wellington, USA, and now they can take another exciting step with the stallion station in Hagen.
- We have not yet decided which stallions should be in Hagen, but it is important for us to point out that semen can be ordered from all stallions, wherever they are located, Andreas says.
To be manager of the new stallion station in Hagen, Helgstrand has chosen Michael Schmidt, who currently is employed by Gestüt Peterhof, but has chosen to resign in order to start at Helgstrand. The stallion station will open on February 1st.
Collaboration with Zuchthof Klatte continues
Helgstrand Dressage has for a long time been working closely together with Zuchthof Klatte in Lastrup, Germany and Andreas emphasises, that the cooperation will continue even though Helgstrand has established a branch in Germany.
- Zuchthof Klatte has been a great help in the desire to enter the German market. They have a huge network, and the entire team Klatte has many years of experience and thus able to offer competent consultancy to the many German breeders. For this reason, we continue the cooperation so that breeders can both order semen at Zuchthof Klatte and at our stallion station in Hagen, says Andreas.
Traditionally the annual stallion show at Zuchthof Klatte takes place on February 9th, where Helgstrand Dressage will participate with a selection of the best stallions, some of which will remain in Germany afterwards.
Dr. Ulf Möller, Eva Möller and Andreas Helgstrand.
9 stallions selected for Danish Warmblood Stallion Show 2018
No less than 9 out of 11 stallions from Helgstrand Dressage were selected by the Danish Warmblood licensing committee on yesterday's pre-selection at Vilhelmsborg in Aarhus.
The day started with free presentation in the arena followed by lunging. In total 9 young stallions from Helgstrand Dressage were selected for Danish Warmblood Stallion Show 2018. In total 27 stallions, out of 60 were selected for the main licensing next year. The licensing committee consisted of Claus Hansen, Bjarne Nielsen and Johnny Sørensen.
The selected stallions from Helgstrand Dressage:
Catalogue no. 234: Dante River Carrus by Dante Weltino/Sir Donnerhall I
Catalogue no. 247: Straight Horse Sir Romance by For Romance/Jazz
Catalogue no. 248: Kentucky VDT by Franklin/Wynton
Catalogue no. 257: Straight Horse Cosmo by Grand Galaxy Win/Blue Hors Romanov
Catalogue no. 258: Got It by Grand Galaxy Win/Blue Hors Don Schufro
Catalogue no. 263: Gangster Bang by Grand Galaxy Win/Prinz K3 owned by Bang Dressage
Catalogue no. 271: Mr. Grey VH by Grey Flanell/Dalwhinnie
Catalogue no. 294: Forever by Fürst Romancier/Desperados
Catalogue no. 293: Revolution Nobel DWB by Franklin/Solos Landwind
We would be pleased to help you choose the perfect horse for you, based on your budget and your requirements.
- Uggerhalnevej 80, 9310 Vodskov
- +45 21 41 61 06