Only frozen semen available from Ferrari
At Helgstrand Dressage we also consider the sporting career of our stallions very important and thus, we have chosen only to offer frozen semen from Ferrari OLD during the 2018 breeding season.
Our goal is to qualify Ferrari OLD for the World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo this summer. In order to qualify, he needs to participate at competitions in Germany and during this periods it will not be possible to offer fresh semen. For this reason we have chosen only to offer frozen semen from Ferrari OLD this season.
At the 2017 WCYH, Ferrari had great success with Andreas and won silver for the 5yo dressage horses. Andreas has great expectations for Ferrari OLD this year and wants to focus 100% on the preparations for the qualifications in Germany.
Andreas and Ferrari OLD at the 2017 WCYH in Ermelo.
Helgstrand takes precautions against the Herpes virus
The Herpes virus has spread across national borders and is no longer only found abroad, but also in Denmark and some horses have been put down because of the virus. For this reason, Helgstrand Dressage has chosen to take its precautions to prevent the virus from affecting Helgstrands horses as well.
- It is important to understand that at Helgstrand Dressage and Helgstrand Academy we have not seen any signs of the Herpes virus. But we will not take a risk and that is why we have chosen to take these precautions to protect our horses, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Helgstrand Dressage has chosen to restrict access to both Helgstrand Dressage and Helgstrand Academy and access can only be done if the horse is vaccinated against the Herpes virus or if it is possible to document that the horse does not carry the Herpes virus.
- We have many visitors at Helgstrand Dressage, and because we want to continue to run our business we have chosen - in collaboration with our veterinarians - to restrict access to Helgstrand Dressage and as far as possible, maintain the control of the virus, says Andreas.
Most expensive foal by Revolution
This weekend the Excellent Dressage Sales auction was held in Hooge Mierde, Holland for the fifth time. More than 500 guests participated in the auction with 41 horses and 9 foals, which resulted in a small 2 million euros.
For the first time the auction also contained foals, which was very much appreciated by the numerous of guests, of which many were coming all the way from America, England, Germany, Switzerland and Denmark. The filly by Revolution was sold for 28,000 euro and thus the most expensive foal of the auction. A telephone bidder from America bought the foal.
Nobelwood Tarpania is by Revolution/Fürst Romancier/Johnson.
Impressive results this weekend
This weekend the Aalborg Dressage Event in Denmark and the Horses & Dreams in Hagen, Germany took place and at both shows horses from Helgstrand turned out very successful.
Severo went to Hagen to participate at the show, Horses & Dreams. With Deep Impact by De Niro/Rubinstein I he placed second achieving 75.13% in the Grand Prix. In the freestyle Severo and Deep Impact broke their record achieving impressive 80.025%. The following prize giving was a bit unusual as it took place on camels. A very fun thing that Severo never had tried before.
Severo also placed second at Sir Schiwago by Sir Donnerhall I/Lanciano in Grand Prix. The two have just started their partnership, but are already finding the rhythm.
Alexander had international debut
Alexander went to his first international show, Aalborg Dressage Event with Claire and Adriano with great success. Despite some butterflies in the stomach, Alexander and Adriano won scoring 73.476% and placed second on Claire with 72.762% - and at the end he also won the freestyle with Adriano scoring impressive 75.758%. What a debut!
Victoria and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig won the Intermediate I followed by Betina and Belstaff and Anne-Marie placed 3rd with Diva Unik. In addition, Betina and Nørregårds Denzel placed second in the PSG.
Simone and Santiago also went to start and got placed 5th in the Grand Prix freestyle. In addition, Søren placed 5th with Diego in the U25 Grand Prix, Betina and Nørregaårds Denzel won the MA1 and in the Grand Prix Thomas and Scout S just took the lead in front of Betina and Belstaff. Anne-Marie ended up winning Intermediate I with Diva Unik.
In the U25 Grand Prix freestyle, Søren and Diego placed 3rd achieving 72.2%, while Thomas and Scout S once again won their class, this time the Grand Prix Special, a big congratulation to all of them.
Søren and Diego at Aalborg Dressage Event, Denmark.
Bengtsson and Helgstrand establish a sales stable for elite show jumping horses in Germany
Rolf-Göran Bengtsson and Helgstrand Dressage have started a new partnership named Bengtsson & Helgstrand GmbH.
The new company will focus on elite jumping horses. The sales stable will be based in Germany, where Rolf-Göran and his wife Evi will run the new company from their current premises in Itzehoe, Germany.
Rolf-Göran Bengtsson is recognised as one of the best show jumpers in the world, having won two Olympic medals (2004, 2008), four European Championship medals, including a gold in 2011 and winner of the Global Championship Tour in 2016. He will be responsible for training and developing the horses in Bengtsson & Helgstrand GmbH.
Helgstrand Dressage was founded in 2008 by 2008 Olympic rider Andreas Helgstrand and is today one of the largest sales stables in the World within elite dressage horses, located in Denmark, USA and Germany.
- We are very excited about the partnership with Rolf-Göran and Evi whom we have known for many years, says Andreas Helgstrand. By combining our experience in building a successful sales stable and Rolf-Göran’s unique talent within show jumping we believe this would be a fantastic opportunity to offer something special for customers, riders and breeders.
- Our aim is to build a show jumping sales stable with the same emphasis on quality, customer focus and (eventually) inventory depth that Helgstrand has created within the dressage world, says Rolf-Göran. In that regard Helgstrand Dressage is the ideal partner for us.
Foals for this year's Nordic International Sales
This year's exclusive foal auction, Nordic International Sales sponsored by Stutteri EVO, is approaching and we are looking for elite dressage foals to take part in the auction. Also, this year the auction will take place during the international show, Equitour Aalborg, at Helgstrand Academy.
The collection will contain app. 20 foals. To be considered for the auction, the foal must have a pedigree consisting of four generations of licensed individuals.
How to register your foal
The auction committee will, together with Helgstrand Dressage, review the foals, after which the owner will get informed, whether the foal must attend one of the inspections.
The inspection will take place at three locations, after which the auction committee will make the final selection for the auction, which will take place on Saturday May 26th.
On Monday May 7th at 10:00-12:00 at Vilhelmsborg, Aarhus, Denmark
On Monday May 7th at 16.00-18.00 at Atterupgaard, Jystrup, Denmark
On Tuesday May 8th at 12.00-14.00 at Helgstrand Dressage, Aalborg, Denmark
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
Louise Ringsbo, Danish Warmblood: tel. +45 61 67 94 93
Per Jensen, Helgstrand Dressage: tel. +45 22 87 60 00
Faretti DWB by Franklin/Don Frederico sold at the 2017 Nordic International Sales for 150.000 euro.
Successful Helgstrand horses in Wellington
Last weekend at the prestigious Adequan Global Dressage Festival in the sunny Wellington, two horses purchased at Helgstrand competed for impressive scores and won both Grand Prix and Prix St. Georges.
In the sunny Wellington, which is also the hometown of Helgstrand Dressage USA, the 2012 London Olympic Games rider David Marcus from Canada, has just won Saturday's Grand Prix with impressive 69.348% on his 10yo gelding by Dimaggio/Weltmeyer, named Dean Martin. This was the horse's third victory in the Grand Prix only competing three times until now.
- I purchased the horse this past summer at Helgstrand’s in Denmark, so it’s a fairly new partnership, says David Marcus and continues; I felt he was a really complete horse in general, with a very good work ethic and three really good gaits.
The same weekend our recently sold Brizard (Romanov/Dunhill H) went to start in the Prix St. Georges with the Australian rider, Kelly Layne, riding the horse for his owner, John McGinty. Kelly and Brizard won the class superbly with impressive 73,235%.
- We had been searching for a horse for John for a long time. He’s 6’4”, so it was hard to find a horse big enough but good enough to be competitive, says Kelly Layne.
John McGinty purchased the horse Brizard at Helgstrand Dressage USA in January this year.
Fiontini sold to Stutteri Evo and Helgstrand Dressage
The three times world champion, Fiontini has just returned from participating in the prestigious gala show during Herning Horse Show. She was honoured together with Helgstrand's Spanish top rider, Severo Jurado López, for their winnings at the World Championships for Young Horses in Ermelo. The successful mare will continue to stay at Helgstrands, but now changes the owner to Stutteri Evo and Helgstrand Dressage.
The three times world champion and 8yo old Danish Warmblood mare, Fiontini by Fassbinder/Blue Hors Romanov, who in October 2016 was bought by the Swedish rider Beata Söderberg, has now been bought in partnership by Stutteri Evo in Vejen, Denmark and Helgstrand Dressage in Vodskov, to ensure a horse towards Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020.
- There is hardly any doubt that Fiontini is a special horse and that she has all the qualities needed to compete internationally. For three years, she has shown her great capacity at the World Championships for Young Horses and we are sure she has what it takes to get in the top when it comes to the Olympics in the summer of 2020, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Most people know this special mare, who have had a unique partnership with Spanish, Severo Jurado López, in recent years.
- We are delighted that Fiontini is staying at our place and for now the plan is that Severo will continue her training. The two are a fantastic match and we have great expectations for their common future, says Andreas Helgstrand.
Fiontini is bred by Hanne Lund and Henrik Hansen.
Open House at Helgstrand Dressage with stallion show on April 7th
This April we are having our Open House and we are really excited about showing you our top stallion collection, which already consist of many new promising young stallions.
The Open House will take place on Saturday, April 7th at 3:00 pm at Helgstrand Dressage, Uggerhalnevej 80, DK-9310 Vodskov. As always admission is free.
Tent with TV screens
To make sure there is plenty of room for everyone this year we are having a big tent next to the arena with TV screens.
After Party – SOLD OUT!
A new tradition was born last year with an After Party – due to this success we are going to continue. You will be able to buy delicious food for 175 DKK per person or 25 Euro, which includes beverages. We hope you stay to join us for this special evening.
Sign up for Helgstrand Dressages After Party below by March 28th - registration for attending the stallion show is not necessary. Payment for food is made directly on the day in cash. We hope that there will be a lot of people this year, so we can have another great party.
The menu consists of:
Cold-smoked salmon with apples, horseradish and soured cream. Served with bread
Air-dried fennel salami with rich salad of beetroot and balsamic vinaigrette. Served with bread
Roasted "Italian style" Porcetta with rosemary potatoes and sauce
Panna Cotta with rhubarb compote and almond crumble.
New international tournament for dressage equestrian amateurs
For many years, there have been amateur tournaments in show jumping and with focus on the joy that these tournaments have led to, Almased Wellness and Helgtrand&Trabjerg have now chosen to join together to create the first amateur tournament for dressage equestrians; Almased Dressage Amateurs.
- We have decided to create an equivalent of the great show jumping tournaments for amateurs in order to give dressage equestrians the same opportunity to participate at the big tournaments as well. We are sure that the participants will have an extraordinary experience when they are having the opportunity to participate in the same top professional surroundings as some of the world's best dressage equestrians, says the founder of Equitour Aalborg and former national coach of show jumping, Jens Trabjerg.
- We are incredibly proud that Almased Wellness has chosen to support the project. We think, that Almased Dressage Amateures is a great initiative to help dressage equestrians on their way to an international career. The tournament can help to clarify the rider's level before seriously relying on an international career in the dressage sport. At the same time, we think that the locations for the tournament mean that more people from the north can test their current level without having to invest a lot of money in transport. International dressage competitions have so far been for a limited group of people, but we want to change that, adds Jens Trabjerg.
Almased Wellness is a German company that has developed products for the health of humans - products that has achieved great success throughout the world.
- It has always been part of our company policy to support sports both locally and internationally. We have developed health products that many athletes use, so when the chance offered to support the first dressage tournament for amateurs, there was no doubt that this project was within our area of interest and thus a natural way to support our business, says Anette Witthöft from Almased Wellness.
How to participate
About Almased Dressage
Amateurs Almased Dressage Amateurs is a new international dressage tournament for amateurs organised by Helgstrand&Trabjerg and presented by Almased Wellness. In 2018, the tournament will take place at four shows; Deutsches Spring- und Dressur-Derby (9-13 May), Pfingstturnier Wiesbaden (18-21 May), Equitour Aalborg (23-27 May) and World Cup Herning (17-21 October).
Allowed to participate in the tournament are dressage equestrians at the age of 26 or older who are not on FEI's world ranking list. The tournament is limited to 24 equestrians for each show, and each rider must bring up to 3 horses.
The tournament is divided by level into the following categories:
- Bronze tour: Prix St. Georges and Intermediate I
- Silver tour: Intermediate I and Intermediate II
- Gold tour: Intermediate II and Grand Prix.