+45 21 41 61 06
13.00 - 16.00
Double gold for Helgstrand Dressage
Not only the Helgstrand team, but the entire Danish dressage world are celebrating, that two breeding stallions won gold at the 2018 LONGINES FEI/WBFSH World Breeding Dressage Championships in Ermelo; the 5-year-old Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto and the 6-year-old D'Avie by Don Juan de Hus/Londonderry.
- We are extremely happy with the results of this year's WYCH. It's hardly understandable and sometimes I have to squeeze my arm to understand that it's really true. Winning gold at the WCYH among the very best dressage horses is a huge achievement, but winning two times gold is almost impossible, says Andreas Helgstrand very proud.
Revolution and Andreas World Champion
Revolution has despite his young age already achieved a lot. As 2-year-old he broke the record for all German stallion auctions, where he was bought by Helgstrand Dressage for euro 1.2 million. Since then, the stallion has been on everyone's lips and has been very positively noticed at stallion licensing shows, championships and now at the WCYH.
- Revolution is something special. The stallion has stolen my heart from day one. He has everything that a modern breeder asks for and with the results of this weekend, he once again showed that he has was it takes to be in the very top, says Andreas.
Revolution and Andreas won both the 5-year-old qualifier and the finals with impressive marks. In the finals they achieved 2 x 10 for canter and perspective as well as 9.8 for trot, 9 for walk and 9.3 for submission and thus a total score of 9.62.
Just before the WCYH, Helgstrand Dressage bought another top stallion, the 5-year-old Devonport by Dancier/Ravello, which did an amazing job with his rider Rieke Schnieder scoring 8.52 in the 5-year-old qualifier. Devonport finished 11th in the finals scoring 8.54.
Andreas and Revolution.
He came, he saw, he conquered
D'Avie also participated at the 2017 WCYH with Spanish rider Severo Jurado López, where they finished among the best in the finals. The past year, they have been training with the aim of winning a medal. After seeing the competitors in the preliminary test, they managed to give the maximum power in the finals with the result of becoming world champion for 6-year-old horses with 10 for canter, 9.8 for trot, 9.5 for perspective, 9 for submission and 8 for walk.
- D'Avie was amazing in the preliminary test, but I knew for sure that we should be even better if we should manage to win the finals - so we did, says Severo with a smile and continues; D'Avie is a unique horse, which I also hope to ride at next year's WCYH.
It was not only Revolution and D'Avie, who did well among the breeding stallions from Helgstrand Dressage - also Atterupgaard's Botticelli by Benneton Dream/Caprimond placed 13th in the finals with Severo and Andreas finished 10th with Ferrari OLD by Foundation/Blue Hors Hotline.
- Once again, we proved that we not only have some of the world's best horses, but also some of the best riders and grooms. It's an amazing team, which is stronger than ever before. Marianne and I are so proud of all of you, you are doing a great job and without you, this wasn't possible, says Andreas.
Helgstrand Dressage brought 10 horses to Ermelo this year, all of which except one went on to the finals. Although this will be difficult to accomplish again, Helgstrand will definitely try to repeat the success next year.
Severo and D'Avie.
Alexander no 1 on FEI World ranking list
Alexander is soon on his way to the European Championship in England with Adriano B. but he for sure has another reason to be proud, because he is now ranked number one on the FEI World Ranking List.
Alexander and Adriano B. did a great job both at the Aalborg Dressage Event, the Equitour Aalborg, the Future Champions in Hagen as well as at the Nordic Championship in Drammen. He achieved great results, among others he won team silver and an individual 3rd place in the freestyle achieving 75.1% in Hagen.
Ready for European Championship
Alexander and Adriano B. is looking forward to the European Championship, which takes place in Bishop Burton, England, from August 7th to August 12th.
The Danish team consists of:
- Alexander Yde Helgstrand and Adriano B
- Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Gee Gee
- Maja Emilie Leth and Goldfevers Hella Bella
- Sophia Winther Andersen and Der Harlekin B
Suarez popular in Sweden
In the 2018 breeding season the two 3yo breeding stallions, Suarez by Sezuan/Desperados and Ferdades by Fürstenball/Donnerhall have only been available to the Swedish breeders since they have been stationed at Gränsbo Stuteri. Considering the number of coverings until July 1st in Sweden it has turned out to be a very good decision as Suarez has been the most used stallion of the season.
Suarez is by the three times World Champion Sezuan and damsire Desperados, with whom Kristina Bröring-Sprehe won team gold and individual bronze at the Olympics in Rio 2016.
6 of the 10 most popular stallions from Helgstrand Dressage
Also in Denmark, the stallions from Helgstrand Dressage are very popular. The index of July shows, that 6 of the 10 most popular stallions come from Helgstrand Dressage:
1. BLUE HORS ZACKEREY DVH 1265
2. FRANKLIN DVH 1147 2 DV 2018
3. JANEIRO PLATINUM DVH 1309
4. SPRINGBANK II VH DVH 1262
5. D'AVIE DVH 1200
6. HESSELHØJ DONKEY BOY DVH 1199
7. BLUE HORS FARRELL DVH 1178
8. REVOLUTION DVH 1234
9. QUATERHIT DVH 1266
10. BLUE HORS FIFTY CENT DVH 1258
Suarez and Mette.
Best dressage foals by Franklin
Each summer in July and August several foal shows take place in Denmark organised by Danish Warmblood. This weekend four foal shows took place and the common factor for all shows was, that offspring by Franklin (Ampére/Ferro) were among the very best and thus selected to participate at the Elite Mare and Foal Show in September at Vilhelmsborg. Several other stallions by Helgstrand Dressage were also represented including Revolution, Quaterhit, Valverde and D'Avie.
Below you find the results of the offspring by Helgstrand's stallions.
Foal show in Ringsted – region 2
- Best dressage filly: Nordstrands Qisya by Quaterhit/Blue Hors Hertug, bred by Gitte Nordstrand Larsen.
- Second best dressage filly: Valvera by Valverde/Sezuan, bred by Henrik Hansen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Faretti II by Franklin/Don Frederico, bred by Henrik Hansen and owned by Christianshaab Aps.
- Best dressage colt: Worres Fly High by Franklin/Dr. Doolittle, bred by June and Mogens Worre-Jensen.
- Second best dressage colt: Festival by Franklin/Charmeur, bred by Henrik Hansen.
Foal show in Sdr. Hygum – region 4
- Best dressage filly: Rhapsodie S by Revolution/Blue Hors Zack, bred by Sally and Flemming Schultz .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Gørklintgårds Panthera by Franklin/Sandro Hit, bred by Jørgen Ravn.
- Second best dressage colt: Diaz Skovvang by D’Avie/De Noir, bred by Marie Hedegård Pedersen.
Foal show in Ikast - region 6
- Best dressage colt: Frederik by Franklin/Dancier , bred by Erik, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
- Second best dressage filly: Lipas Athena by Franklin/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Paul Jacobsen.
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Sezá by Franklin/Tailormade Temptation, bred by Hanne Hertzberg, Lena and Ulrik Kristensen.
Foal show in Hjallerup - region 7
- Best dressage filly: Florencia Lightfoot by Franklin/Michellino, bred by Annette Lyngs and Torben Damsbo.
- Second best dressage filly: Charleen M by Springbank II VH/Sandro Hit, bred by Sanne Mathiasen .
- Third best dressage filly and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.
- Best dressage colt: Tophøjs Faustino by Franklin/Blue Hors Don Romantic, bred by Anette Nilausen and Niels-Jørgen Johansen.
- Second best dressage colt: Rønbjerg's Jambaleo by Jambeau, bred by Stald Rønbjerg .
- Third best dressage colt and reserve for the Elite Foal Show: Respect S by Revolution/Blue Hors Romanov, bred by Bitten Kjettrup Thomsen.
Reserve for the Elite Foal Show, Levina by Quaterhit/L'espoir, bred by Mia Bach and Jesper Bisgaard Nielsen.
Severo and Betina selected for the 2018 WEG
The prestigious World Equestrian Games is approaching and this year the WEG is taking place in Tryon, North Carolina, USA. Finally, the names of the riders and horses representing Denmark and Spain have been announced. We are proud that both Severo and Betina are among the selected.
The World Championship takes place from 11-23 September 2018 and is to be considered as one of the world's biggest equestrian events. For that reason, of course, we are incredibly proud that both Severo and Deep Impact as well as Betina and Mane Stream Belstaff have been selected.
The Danish dressage team consists of:
Betina Jæger Jensen and Mane Stream Belstaff
Anders Dahl and Selten HW
Cathrine Dufour and Atterupgaard's Cassidy
Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Blue Hors Zack
As the Danish National Federation writes in a Facebook post, it is an incredibly strong Danish team that has been set to represent Denmark this year and therefore the goal is clearly to win medals for Denmark.
The Spanish team consists of:
Severo Jurado and Deep Impact
Beatriz Ferrer Salad and Delgado
Juan Matute Guimón and Quantico Ymas
Claudio Castilla and Alcaide
Huge congratulations Betina and Severo!
Valverde wins Westfalen Championship qualifier
Our breeding stallion Valverde by Vitalis/Ampere today won the Westfalen Championship qualifier with a total score of 9,0 with our German rider, Eva Möller in the saddle.
Valverde did impress the judges with his fantastic gaits and exceptional exterior and ended up scoring:
Total score: 9,0
On Sunday the finals will take place. Afterwards the Westfalen society will nominate the horses attending the prestigious Bundeschampionate in Warendorf.
Find all results from the Westfalen-Woche here
Canada secures another top horse
Prior to the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses Canada has secured another top dressage horse, the 7yo Hanoverian gelding Feodoro by Fürstenball x Rosario, who won the preliminary test at the prestigious event last year.
Around the world people are investing lots of money in high quality horses and now Nexolia, a renewable energy and natural resources company based in Canada has bought another top horse.
- Feodoro is another amazing horse from Helgstrand Dressage and when I first saw him winning the preliminary test at the 2017 WCYH with Simone, I was pretty sure that here was another future star, says Vicky Lavoie, President at Nexolia.
This year's WCYH in Ermelo is approaching and when thinking back on the results, that this gelding achieved last year, the expectations are very high. Feodoro is an incredible well-moving gelding with so much potential. He did an amazing job in Ermelo last year winning the 6yo preliminary test achieving nothing less than 10 in walk, 9.2 in canter and capacity ending up with a final score of 9.02 together with Helgstrand's rider, Simone Pearce.
- We are so happy, that Vicky has bought this special gelding. He has indeed a very promising future and we couldn't wish for a better place. Keeping the results of last year in mind we are also glad, that Vicky is letting Simone presenting Feodoro once again at this year's WCYH, says Andreas Helgstrand.
- We are extremely happy that Simone will show him in Ermelo for us and we are very much looking forward to this great event. This is our third horse from Helgstrand and Feodoro is showing so much potential. I can't wait to have him to Canada learning to know him even better, says Vicky.
Buying this top horse is another step for Canada securing some of the best horses for future competitions.
- With Andreas' patient advice and great knowledge, we have decided to start in investing in top quality horses. On the recommendation of Andreas, we also bought one top foal at the 2017 Nordic International Sales Auction during Equitour Aalborg and another this year. This is another very important step towards our goal, says Vicky and adds; we are looking forward to a continuing business relationship between Helgstrand and Nexolia to buy and market top horses.
Feodoro will change location to his new home after Ermelo and then the plan is to join Helgstrand Dressage US in Wellington, Florida for the show season.
Feodoro and Simone Pearce.
Girlpower and Spanish rhythm in Aachen
Riders and horses have just returned from CHIO Aachen. All three riders from Helgstrand Dressage had qualified to participate at the prestigious event, where the world's best riders meet each year to compete.
High level competition
Betina and Victoria were among the first to arrive at the impressive facility and after passing the vet check they were ready to enter the beautiful arena. Despite the fact that the Grand Prix starting list contained highly skilled dressage riders like Isabell Werth and Dorothee Schneider, Betina and Victoria were focussed to do their very best. Betina and Mane Stream Bellstaff ended up scoring 70,457% and Victoria and Ludwig der Sonnenkönig achieved 71,043%.
Results from the Grand Prix
In the Grand Prix Special on Friday Betina and Belstaff had really found the rhythm and got placed 3rd with 71.340%. Victoria and Ludwig started out very well, but unfortunately, they had some difficulties in the piaffe, that did become very expensive in terms of points.
Results from the Grand Prix Special
Deep Impact impresses the judges
After Deep Impact has passed his vet check, Severo and Deep Impact were ready to enter the beautiful CHIO Aachen arena. In the Grand Prix, which was the first part of the Nations Cup, Severo and Deep Impact finished 11th with 74.161%. After a well-deserved rest day on Friday, they were ready to enter the arena in the Grand Prix Special on Saturday, where they got placed 9th with impressive 74.872%.
Results from the Grand Prix
Results from the Grand Prix Special
In the freestyle the level was indeed very high, but this didn't seem to make impact on Severo and Deep Impact as they one once again danced through their technically powerful freestyle, which featured both a fabulous trot and the famous flying changes on the centreline with just one hand. One could hardly wish for a better ending. Severo and Deep improved their personal record and finished 8th with 81.113%.
Results from the Grand Prix Freestyle
11 horses from Helgstrand Dressage selected for the 2018 WCYH
The final selection for the horses to represent Germany at the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo took place this Tuesday in Warendorf. Four horses from Helgstrand got selected and now a total of 11 horses from Helgstrand Dressage are going to participate at the prestigious World Championships for Young Horses from 2nd to 5th of August 2018.
- The candidates for this year's WCYH in Germany were really strong and the fact that we were able to qualify our horses for the 2nd round was a victory in itself. We are incredibly proud that three of our horses were selected and especially because it is three of our breeding stallions, says Andreas Helgstrand.
The following horses got selected to represent Germany at the WCYH:
- Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto - Andreas Helgstrand
- D'Avie by Don Juan de Hus/Londonderry - Severo Jurado López
- Ferrari OLD by Foundation/Hotline - Andreas Helgstrand
In addition, the stallion Devonport by Dancier/Ravallo also got selected. The stallion was recently bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage - read the article here.
3 Helgstrand horses selected to represent Australia
Our Australian rider, Simone Pearce, is going to represent Australia with three horses from Helgstrand Dressage at the 2018 WYCH. One of them is the winner of the Danish Equestrian Federation’s qualifier in Billund, Foundator by Foundation/Samarant. In addition, Simone will also participate with the 5yo Lindballe's Just Perfect by Johnson/De Niro and the 7yo gelding, Feodoro by Fürstenball/Rosario, which she also rode at the 2017 WCYH. For Simone it will be the fourth year in a row, that she represents Australia.
4 horses representing Denmark
Among the horses to represent Denmark we find the winner of the Young Horse Championships in Herning, the 5yo Zhaplin Langholt by Zonik/Stedinger with Andreas Helgstrand and the 5yo Straight Horse Ascenzione by BH Zack/BH Don Schufro with Victoria Vallentin. As a reserve for the 5yo we have another horse from Straight Horse, Straight Horse Sezuanna by BH Zack/BH Don Schufro, ridden by Kenneth Damgaard.
Among the 6yo, we find the breeding stallion and 2017 WCYH finalist Atterupgaard's Botticelli by Bennetton Dream/Caprimond E.H. with Severo Jurado López and Stenagers Wyatt Earp by Wilkens/Sandro Hit with Kenneth Damgaard.
The WCYH takes place in Ermelo, Holland from 2nd to 5th of August 2018.
Devonport, which has just been bought in partnership between Helgstrand Dressage and Stutteri EVO.
Two new top horses for Helgstrand Dressage
Germany is known for having high-quality horses and when Helgstrand Dressage was in Warendorf for the final selection for the horses representing Germany at the 2018 WCYH, Helgstrand Dressage has bought two new top horses.
Devonport - Bundeschampionat winner and breeding stallion
The stallion Devonport by Dancier/Ravallo is a well-known name among German breeders and, despite his young age, he has already achieved many great results.
Devonport has just been selected for the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo among the 5yo. In addition, he has won several sports tests, championships with Rieke Schnieder, including winning bronze at the Hanoverian Championships for 3yo and in 2017 he also won the German Bundeschampionat in Warendorf with a total score of 9.1.
Devonport is bred by Christine Miesner from Germany and was bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage.
Fiesta Danza - WCYH reserve
Fiesta Danza OLD is the name of the 6yo mare, which Helgstrand Dressage also has bought. She is another great offspring by the magnificent stallion, Fürstenball, who has achieved many impressive results. Fiesta Danza has already proved her worth achieving great results herself, including winner of the Oldenburg Championship for 5yo. Fiesta Danza also participated in the Bundeschampionat final for 5yo in Warendorf, as well as winning this year’s Bundeschampionat qualifier. The mare just continues achieving greats results as she recently got selected as a reserve for the 2018 WCYH in Ermelo.
Fiesta Danza OLD is bred by Johannes Westendarp and was bought in partnership between Stutteri EVO and Helgstrand Dressage.
We would be pleased to help you choose the perfect horse for you, based on your budget and your requirements.
- Uggerhalnevej 80, 9310 Vodskov
- +45 21 41 61 06