+45 21 41 61 06
13.00 - 16.00
Price highlight bought by Helgstrand and Schockemöhle
Followed by the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing the auction took place and Helgstrand Dressage and Paul Schockemöhle bought the price highlight of the day, a stallion by Vivaldi/Dancier, which was acquired for no less than 2,010,000 euros and thus setting price record.
The previous record was set in 2015 as Helgstrand bought the breeding stallion, Revolution by Rocky Lee/Rouletto for 1.2 million euro.
The Vivalidi son is bred by Ulrike Buurman and was owned by Ernst Kemper.
In addition, Helgstrand Dressage and Schockemöhle also acquired the black premium stallion by Lord Leatherdale/Boston, bought for no less than 800,000 euros together with Joop van Uytert.
Veneno/Fidertanz awarded Premium Stallion
This weekend, the Hanoverian Stallion Licensing takes place in Verden and the quality of the stallions was amazing. 2/3 or 46 stallions got approved in HANN and no less than 12 stallions were awarded premium stallion, including the Veneno son from Helgstrand Dressage.
The stallions were shown both by hand, on a lunge line and loose, and it was a particularly strong field this year. The very impressive and well-moving stallion by Veneno/Fidertanz was for sure one of the highlights and got awarded premium stallion. Thus, Helgstrand Dressage can now add another premium stallion to the breeding collection.
Helgstrand and Schockemoehle start cooperation
We are pleased to announce that Paul Schockemoehle's stallion stallion for the dressage stallions and Helgstrand Dressage's stallion station will be combined from the new breeding season in 2019. The cooperation means that we will continue to offer the breeders the best breeding stallions, as well as a high level of service.
For Danish customers, who would like to use the following stallions, have to order directly at HP Horses in Denmark:
Visit HP Horses' website here
Stallion shows in 2019
The merging means that Schockemoehle's stallion shows in Vechta on February 3 and in Verden on February 8 2019 will include stallions from Helgstrand Dressage. Similarly, stallions from Schockemoehle will attend the open house and stallion show at Helgstrand Dressage on April 13 2019.
At the same time a closer cooperation between Helgstrand Dressage and Schockemoehle across sport and breeding is not excluded.
Helgstrand employs Danish Cathrine Dufour
Helgstrand Dressage has managed to set new standards within the dressage world; with the employment of FEI World Ranking no. 5, the very talented dressage rider, Cathrine Dufour. Helgstrand Dressage has now secured another strong profile for the future.
At Helgstrand Dressage the stable houses more than 300 horses, of which 250 are under saddle every day. With an increasing need for top dressage horses, the company has now secured a new strong rider to join the team, which at the moment is 21 riders.
- I am incredibly proud to have this opportunity. For many years, I have been in close dialogue with Andreas Helgstrand, said Cathrine Dufour. Being able to train some of the world's best horses would be an honour to me and I'm looking forward to getting started, adds Cathrine, who sees the employment as a natural continuation of their current cooperation.
In spite of her young age, Cathrine Dufour is a well-known name on the international scene. With numerous wins at international Grand Prix level and a FEI World Ranking as no. 5 with Atterupgaard's Cassidy, she belongs to the world elite. In addition, Cathrine has on several occations passed the magic 80% barrier and, as one of the few, managed to beat Isabell Werth.
- We are delighted that Cathrine has chosen to join our team. She has managed to train horses up to Grand Prix and her many victories speak for themselves. She has incredible discipline and work ethic and I am sure that this is the reason she has won more than most riders in only 26 years, said Andreas Helgstrand proudly, remembering the magnificent tribute she and Cassidy got at Herning Horse Show earlier this year.
Cathrine became a part of the Danish national team at only 12 years old. Also, as a young rider, Cathrine had a great talent and she has won the Danish Championship no less than 14 times. As a 24-year-old, she participated at her first Olympic Games on Cassidy, where she placed 13th. 2017 she won two individual bronze medals and team silver at the European Championship. In 2018, she managed to qualify for the World Equestrian Games in Tryon but unfortunately had to cancel. Now she is focusing on qualifying for the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020, hoping to secure Denmark another medal.
Cathrine runs her own dressage stable, Dufour Dressage, in Roskilde, Denmark. Where she trains as well as offers training to new upcoming talents. The agreement is that Cathrine will continue in Roskilde, where she will train horses from Helgstrand Dressage. The stable will act as a new sales stable. Alongside running the sales stable, Cathrine will continue her current activities, including her fan club named Dufour Club as well as training Cassidy and her new upcoming talents.
Cathrine Dufour and Atterupgaard's Cassidy from the Danish Championship at Broholm.
Springbank II VH second time winner of Breeders Trophy
This weekend our breeding stallion Springbank II VH by Skovens Rafael/De Niro got top scoring by test rider Charlotte Dujardin and won the Breeders Trophy in Flyinge, Sweden.
As World Class rider Charlotte Dujardin did the test ride of 4-year-old Springbank II VH she was overwhelmed by the outstanding qualities of this young stallion.
"Like getting in a Rolls Royce cruising, I just don't know what to say that's incredible, love love love him, his the best 4-year-old I've ever sat on, 10 is just not enough, I give Severo a 10, and I give the breeder a 10, Springbank is my ideal man".
Actually she added that this was indeed the best 4-year-old horse she has ever ridden.
Severo did an amazing job showing Springbank II VH in the preliminary test and won superbly scoring 93%. From Charlotte Dujardin Springbank II VH got maximum score and thus winning the 2018 Breeders Trophy for the second time in a row with a total score of 96,5%.
Find the entire result of the 2018 Breeders Trophy for 4-year-old here.
Video of Charlotte Dujardin and Springbank II VH
Three new top horses for Charlotte Jorst
American based, Charlotte Jorst, who is the founder and owner of the popular equestrian equipment brand, Kastel Denmark, has just bought another three top horses to help her fulfill her dreams of participating at the Olympics; the two breeding stallions Atterupgaard's Botticelli (Benetton Dream/Caprimond E.H.) and Grand Galaxy Win (Apache/Jazz) as well as the Danish young horse champion, Zhaplin Langholt (Zonik/Stedinger).
It is not the first time that the internationally successful Grand Prix rider Charlotte Jorst is visiting her home country, Denmark - because she already bought several talented horses at Helgstrand Dressage like Lorenzo, Kastel's Akeem Foldager and Kastel's Nintendo. With the purchase of three more promising dressage horses, Charlotte is now one step closer to realising her Olympic dreams.
- I already noticed Zhaplin Langholt when he became the best Danish bred horse at the 2017 Danish Equestrian Federation’s Championships. I followed him closely when he got young horse champion in Herning with Andreas in the saddle and attended the 2018 WBFSH in Ermelo. He is one of a kind with his extraordinary gaits, amazing temperament and wonderful rideability. I was convinced after only trying him once. He has everything that is requested by a modern sport horse, said Charlotte Jorst and adds with a smile; and his height fits me perfectly.
- There is no doubt that Zhaplin is a very special horse for me and that's because I had the pleasure of riding him myself. It gives me great pleasure that Charlotte sees the same potential in Zhaplin that I do and I am very much looking forward to following Charlotte and Zhaplin in the future, said Andreas Helgstrand, who hopes to see Zhaplin in Wellington when the competition season begins.
- We are very proud that our customers return time after time. We follow our customers closely on their way as they develop as a dressage rider and it makes us proud when they return to Helgstrand Dressage to find their new dressage prospect in order to fulfill their dreams, said Andreas Helgstrand.
Besides buying Zhaplin Langholt, Charlotte Jorst has bought two of Helgstrand Dressage's breeding stallions, Atterupgaard's Botticelli, who with Severo won silver both at the 2017 Equestrian Federation’s Championships and at the 2017 Danish Championships in Herning and participated at the finals during the 2017 and 2018 WBFSH. In addition, Charlotte has bought Grand Galaxy Win, who was named Champion Stallion of Danish Warmblood 2014 and participated at the 2016 WBFSH. Grand Galaxy Win is father of three sons, who were approved in Danish Warmblood in 2018.
Zhaplin Langholt is already in California at Charlotte's place and later also Atterupgaard's Botticelli is going to the US. Grand Galaxy Win will stay at Helgstrand Dressage, where he continues to be a part of the breeding program and Severo will continue his training.
Andreas and Zhaplin Langholt at the 2018 WBFSH.
So Unique Bundeschampion for 3yo
Last week the 2018 Bundeschampionate in Warendorf took place – a very popular place for both riders and breeders as the best German bred horses compete in order to become Bundeschampions. Both breeding stallions, So Unique and Valverde took part in the big event as well as the 4yo gelding, Eternity.
So Unique by Sezuan/Donnerhall ridden by German Eva Möller showed great power in both the preliminary test and ended up winning the Bundeschampionate for 3yo scoring 9.0 in the finals with 9 for walk, trot, canter, education and exterior.
So Unique and Eva Möller
Silver for Valverde
As for the 4yo Valverde by Vitalis/Ampere with Eva Möller in the saddle came second and took the silver medal in the finals with a total score of 8.80.
Bronze for Eternity
Amongst the 4yo geldings and mares, Eternity by Escolar/Donnerhall ended up third and took the bronze medal. With his very impressive and powerful trot and canter he scored 9 for trot and 9.5 for canter.
Follow this link to view the results of the Bundeschampionate.
Eternity and Hannes Lütt
Helgstrand Dressage Named Title Sponsor of Dressage Discipline at FEI WEG 2018
Mark Bellissimo, CEO of Tryon International Equestrian Center and the Organizing Committee of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018 is proud to announce an unprecedented partnership with Helgstrand Dressage, welcoming them as the Official Discipline Sponsor of Dressage at the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018 (WEG) and a significant expanded presence at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) and Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC).
- We are incredibly honored to present Helgstrand Dressage as title discipline sponsor for Dressage at the FEI World Equestrian Games and announce a landmark partnership with their brand and business at our other venues, which will be a huge commercial advance for the sport of Dressage, said Mark Bellissimo, Managing Partner of Tryon Equestrian Partners and CEO of Tryon International Equestrian Center - and adds; Their involvement in the sport has been impactful, playing a significant role in solidifying the future and continued expansion of the discipline and we are thrilled to have their support at this iconic global event. We look forward to evolving our partnership with Helgstrand Dressage as they continue to grow on this side of the Atlantic and around the world.
Athletes from 33 different countries have been named to the FEI Nominated Dressage Entries List, set to compete at WEG, with ten horses currently selected having strong ties to Helgstrand Dressage, securing their status as a global leader in the production and sale of quality Dressage horses. The discipline itself will take place in U.S. Trust Arena over the course of four days, from September 12-16.
The schedule includes Grand Prix Team and Individual competition on Wednesday, September 12 and Thursday, September 13. The Grand Prix Special will be held on Friday, September 14, and will conclude with the spectacular Grand Pix Freestyle on Sunday, September 16, which will air live on the Olympic Channel, part of NBC Sports Group.
- We are proud that Helgstrand Dressage has been named title sponsor of the Dressage discipline at the FEI World Equestrian Games, and we are excited to have made a significant contribution to the list of participating horses at this grand event as well. The equestrian scene as such and the Dressage discipline in particular are constantly evolving, and it is our ambition to support the development by continuously supplying world-class horses for the athletes, said Andreas Helgstrand, founder and CEO of Helgstrand Dressage.
Helgstrand Dressage employs 70 employees with operations in Germany, Denmark, and now the United States. Helgstrand Dressage has become a name synonymous with success in the breeding and competition industry, producing more than 350 top horses over the last decade. Now, the company has its eye set on giving back to the Dressage community, expanding into North America with aspirations of becoming the "supplier of the future" for world-class Dressage athletes.
The partnership with Helgstrand Dressage will expand beyond the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018, with presence at the major equestrian venues operated by Tryon Equestrian Partners and the Wellington Equestrian Partners. Helgstrand Dressage launched their North American-based business venture this past season in Wellington, FL, which saw incredible success and a massive introduction of top dressage sport horses to the North American market.
The WEG has the potential to be the largest sporting event in North Carolina history with over $400 million dollars of projected economic impact over the 13-day event in September 2018 and is slated to be one of the largest sporting events in the United States in 2018. TIEC and PBIEC are two of the largest operating equestrian facilities in the world and host international and national Dressage competition in both locations.
Nexolia acquires 2 new top mares
Prior to the 2018 World Breeding Dressage Championships for Young Horses Canada has bought the 7yo Hanoverian gelding Feodoro by Fürstenball x Rosario, who was first in the qualifiers for 6-year-olds last year and a finalist this year. Now Nexolia has acquired two mares as well; the 10-year-old mare Fine Spirit by Fidertanz x De Niro and the 6-year-old mare Fiesta Danza OLD by Fürstenball x Weltmeyer.
Fine Spirit is a proven Grand Prix horse with solid results. Among many great results, she scored 75.4% in the Grand Prix Freestyle in Schenefeld and 74.1% in the Grand Prix in Medingen under Hartwig Burfeind.
Fiesta Danza OLD was the Oldenburg Elite Mare Champion in 2015 and went on to win the 2017 Oldenburg Young Horse Championships in Rastede. She was also a finalist in the 2017 Bundeschampionate as well as reserve for the German team for the 2018 World Young Horse Championships under Bianca Nowag.
Buying these top horses is another step for Canada securing some of the best horses for future competitions as the mares will be bred by embryo transfer and still be competing.
- Buying Fine Spirit and Fiesta Danza is part of our strategy to breed, train and sell top horses. I am overjoyed with these girls being part of the Nexolia team that will be in Wellington this winter. They will be bred by embryo transfer next spring and we will continue our good collaboration with the Helgstrand team as the product of those mares will be raised, trained and sold together with Helgstrand, said Vicky Lavoie, President at Nexolia.
- We are so happy, that Vicky has bought another two horses from Helgstrand Dressage. This is a great step for Nexolia towards building a successful sales and training centre in Canada. The collaboration is very important to Helgstrand Dressage as we now have a business partner in Canada that we can trust in order to expand our business in this area, says Andreas Helgstrand, founder and CEO of Helgstrand Dressage.
Like Glenn S&S and Feodoro, the mares will be renamed Nexolia Fine Spirit and Nexolia Fiesta Danza OLD and will change location to join Helgstrand Dressage USA in Wellington, Florida for the show season.
Alexander wins three times silver
Alexander and Adriano have just returned from the 2018 European Championships for ponies after winning three times silver at his first European Championships.
Alexander had an exceptional run at his first European Championships in Bishop Burton, England winning three times silver with Adriano B. They won team silver together with the rest of the Danish team consisting of Sophia Winther Andersen and Der Harlekin B, Maja Emilie Leth and Goldfever Hella Bella as well as Frederikke Gram Jacobsen and Gee Gee. Actually, Alexander and Adriano individually placed second in the team competition scoring 75.371%.
The result of the team competition:
1. Germany – 226.286 points
2. Denmark – 219.028 points
3. The Netherlands – 218.715 points
Saturday and Sunday the individual tests took place and once again Alexander and Adriano won silver both in the individual test scoring 75.486% after an counting error and in the freestyle scoring impressive 80.275%.
Alexander and Adriano B.
We would be pleased to help you choose the perfect horse for you, based on your budget and your requirements.
- Uggerhalnevej 80, 9310 Vodskov
- +45 21 41 61 06